• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dis Exclusive BSM Adventure 7/29 - 8/3/2012 - Sold Out AND GETTING VERY CLOSE!!!!

We'll be at DAP too!

Congrats to the last folks to join! It's definitely an amazing trip and you'll most likely do more ABD trips once you've done one! :yay:

This trip is getting me so excited.

So how many of us will be at DISapalooza? It will be nice to meet my traveling companions early.

Kim

Well, we've already met Kim, but Val & I will be looking forward to seeing you again at DAP!

Three Kevins?:scared1::scared1:

The other two are going to have to pick alternate names.

Like Aramis and Porthos

Or Larry and Curly. :laughing:

Three Kevins?:scared1::scared1:

The other two are going to have to pick alternate names.

Like Aramis and Porthos

Or Larry and Curly. :laughing:

Personally, I like the Three MOUSEketeer names. It's a bit more distinguished!
(Although my hairline is going more the way of Curly. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!)

Corwin and I are attending DISapalooza too! I am looking forward to meeting new friends early!

This trip is getting me so excited.

So how many of us will be at DISapalooza? It will be nice to meet my traveling companions early.

Kim

Is it easier to have ABD book the airfare or is it easier to book on your own?
:surfweb:

Hi Holly! I was wondering the same thing. Also, if you add a day before or after the adventure, I believe you have to handle your own transfers to and from the airport, correct?

I am ABD novice...I am bound to have a ton of questions. I am anal like that! :rotfl:

Hi Holly! I was wondering the same thing. Also, if you add a day before or after the adventure, I believe you have to handle your own transfers to and from the airport, correct?

I am ABD novice...I am bound to have a ton of questions. I am anal like that! :rotfl:

I have been on two DIS/BSM in '10 and '11

If you book you add on days through ABD then your transfers are included, if you do it on your own then you are responsible for your transfers.

I am sure Kevin will confirm this.

I would highly recommend adding a day at Disneyland at the end of your adventure.

We did not do so the first trip and that was one of the reasons that we went the second time.

You all are going to have a blast!!!

ABD will provide transfers from the airport and back to the airport, as long as you are under your ABD reservation.

ABD offers pre and post nights. Both include transfers as long as the nights are booked through ABD.

If you book pre nights on your own, transfers are not included. The same is true with post nights. If you book additional nights on your own, transfers are not included.

Is it easier to have ABD book the airfare or is it easier to book on your own?

There is something to be said for doing both.

If you are looking to use frequent flyer miles or vouchers, you will need to book on your own. ABD does not accept either.

If you have found a great flight and want to book that through ABD, just let me know and I can book that flight for you. Airfare must be paid in full at the time of booking.

Also, keep in mind that ABD uses the major carriers, but does not book airlines like Southwest or Jet Blue.

If you have specific questions, please email me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

We got a welcome package from ABD in today's mail!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! :dance3:

Filled out the Adventure Acknowledgement and ready to mail out tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Asked Mom if I got any interesting mail today. I'm sure the Welcome Package would have caught her attention. Nada :sad1: Maybe tomorrow.

BUT I WANT IT NOW, NOW NOW. (Imagine this in the voice of a petulant 2 year old.) I'm not a patient person. The next 6 weeks until I leave for WDW will be torture.

Kim

I've been reviewing my package. Oh such a lovely package it is.

I know small things make me happy!

I have a question as a first time ABD'er...

Are the forms in the welcome package standard forms, or specific to the Backstage Magic Hollywood & Disneyland ABD? I was a little surprised by the amount of liability they asked me and my son to sign away, but not disagreeable for this adventure.

Does anyone know why ABD asks for weight over 220lbs? I will fill in all the fields they request, but knowing the why behind the weight question would be nice. Anyone know or should I contact ABD Concierge and ask?

-Alicia

Are the forms in the welcome package standard forms, or specific to the Backstage Magic Hollywood & Disneyland ABD? I was a little surprised by the amount of liability they asked me and my son to sign away, but not disagreeable for this adventure.

Does anyone know why ABD asks for weight over 220lbs? I will fill in all the fields they request, but knowing the why behind the weight question would be nice. Anyone know or should I contact ABD Concierge and ask?

-Alicia

I was curious about that myself. Let's be honest, I don't just tell ANYONE my weight, okay? I was also surprised by the amount of paperwork....I do paperwork all day at the office....and came home to more paperwork but honestly this paperwork was a nice change of pace! :thumbsup2

No Happy Package in the mail today. :sad1:

Kim

You signed up later than some other folks. I'd give it a couple of days.

-Alicia

These are standardized forms and some Adventures have zip lining and such. There is a maximum weight for things like that.

I PROMISE THAT THERE IS NO ZIP LINING INVOLVED IN THIS ADVENTURE!

I was curious about that myself. Let's be honest, I don't just tell ANYONE my weight, okay? I was also surprised by the amount of paperwork....I do paperwork all day at the office....and came home to more paperwork but honestly this paperwork was a nice change of pace! :thumbsup2

I lied and told them I was 165lbs, tan and incredibly handsome.

You can do that...or leave it empty.

Again....there is NO ZIP LINING on the Backstage Magic Adventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter