• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis-ers, dis-ers, everywhere?? Hey, where's Waldo?? The End & Final Thoughts

I was wide awake at 7 am. You know, I tried to get a wake up call, but when I called the line, it just rang and rang. Oh well, I used my cell phones alarm clock and I have lots of Disney music downloaded onto it. I got myself all ready and woke the kidlets at 7:30am. They dressed and we headed to the Kona Coffee bar for our usual. The CM remembered us from the previous days and she rang us up with our usual grub. I took the bag and *plop* I dropped Joe's croissant. Oops, sorry, Joe! Ok, so no one saw... do I just pick it up, dust it off, and throw it in the bag? Or do I do the right thing and buy another one? My conscience got the best of me, so I told our friend behind the coffee bar and she gave me a new one.... free of charge! I love her for that! :love: I let Nini and Waldo know we are leaving for MK at 8:30 so be at the Monorail, or be left behind. You know they started calling me "Disney Nazi" The noyve!
Waldo and Nini make it to the monorail in time and we're off to MK. We arrive at 8:50 to see the little opening show.

WDWPics3041.jpg

I got all misty eyed. Thank goodness for my big Jackie-O sunglasses! We go down Main Street and Nini wants to take a photo of us.

WDWPics2008.jpg

Notice Waldo doesn't make it to the photo op in time, he's just off to the left. Well, that's because he wandered.
We head over to Frontierland only to find another rope. Argggg! We wait patiently as I'm already starting to *glisten*. The rope drops and where are the people?? We parade on over to the BTMRR and I ask for a baby swap. The CM looks at me like I have 3 heads. He says to me, you're not going to need one. Okey dokey, Mr. CM. Walt, Joe and I proceed thru the long, long, long queue. I can't imagine standing in this line. We jump on the wildest ride in the wilderness. It's great! Much different that DLR, longer I think and maybe faster? We love MK version better.

WDWPics3043.jpg

We exit and let Nini and Waldo ride. We tell Walt to watch the kidlets, Joe and I want to go on Splash. We walk thru this very long queue. What's up with the long queues? We board the log thingy. Already different. At DLR you straddle the seat and the boat only holds a max of 7 people. I already love this ride! It's way longer in MK than in DLR. I'm happy! We exit the ride and meet up with our group. We decide we want to hit Haunted Mansion today. Nini and Waldo go first this time. We sit with the kidlets at the entrance and watch all the mutant bugs flying around. We notice a family looking for their personal stroller. The woman starts yelling at the CM standing near the stroller parking asking him where he put her stroller. He says he didn't move her stroller. She tells him it was right there and now it's gone. Apparently, someone stole/accidently took her stroller. The CM asks if she would like him to call security and she says no and storms off. Weird. Weird people. I do notice alot of personal stroller with nothing personal on them. I put my laminated MH's and even put a sticker on my strollers with my info on them.
Nini and Waldo exit the ride and now it's our turn. Nini and Waldo decide to take the kiddies to Fantasyland. Ok, well meet you there, I say. I know we're going to lose Waldo and he has my babies.....
Walt, Joe and I ride HM... I love this ride, too! I love the "look" of the mansion. It's soooo much cooler than our Colonial style and MK's is more gothic looking. I likey the gothic look. I'm trying to look at the grave yard and take photos when the CM working the door tell me to "hurry up". I look at Joe and we start laughing at the inside joke. Side Note: Joe and I were looking to purchase a twin mattress for Minnies new twin bed. We went to this mattress factory in a nearby town and were told by the salesman/owner that they only accepted cash. Well, I had a credit card and a check book. I told him if he wanted cash, I'd have to go to the bank and come back. So he tells me, "Ok, but I close in 5 minutes so HURRY UP!" with his cute little accent. Well, it's funny to Joe and I. Nice sales skills Mr. Mattress Man! Ok, so I like the outside of MK HM, and the ride seems scarier and darker than DLR, but the attic scene is way better at DLR. They just changed it and it's really cool! I won't spoil it... you'll just have to come to Cali and visit me! :wave:
More tomorrow... I'm tired! Off to bed now..... :tiptoe:

I got misty eyed watching the footage online of the MK opening show. I know...that's so sad! :blush: I can't imagine how bad it would be for me to be there in person. I feel ya! I have never been lucky to see the opening show. :sad2: My goal is to try to see it this November when we're there! There's just so much love there for the most magical place on Earth! Loving your report and all your photos!
popcorn::

I did meet some other DISers. I ran into one at Epcot, we were both waiting to be seated at Le Cellier. Then again later that afternoon, someone else noticed my Mickey at Epcot. I also saw another mickey head fanatic at the Boardwalk one night. Dressed in a lime green shirt, lime green crocs and must have had a dozen mickeys. I didn't get a chance to talk to her as we were both watching a street performer, and then she disappeared. So, if it was someone reading this...hello!!! Hope you enjoyed the street performer as much as we did, but I am guessing that you did, as I think it was someone in your group that got to throw the bananas!

And I am glad I was helpful about WL! We do absolutely love it!! I am sure you will enjoy your stay next year! (We got a free upgrade and had bunk beds..worked great!) If I can ever get airfare from Ohio to California for what I can get it to Florida...I'll be at your park in an instant!!

Disneyland_Mama said:
Thank you! My Minnie taught me a valuable lesson regarding the SB costume. I tried to talk her into being Belle because Minnies coloring is more like Belle than SB. Minnie really wanted to be SB and we got the Disney Store Halloween costume catalog. Well in the catalog a beautiful little black girl is dressed as SB and my Minnie tells me, "You see mama, all little girls can be SB." How right she was... lesson taught by a child. :goodvibes
Please come visit *our* park! I give my limey friends an open invitation to tourguide Disneyland Mama! :thumbsup2

That's a sweet story! I love that so many kids these days are "color" blind! DDs school has such a diverse population that it is all "normal" - DD is also a true believer of what is on the inside - as we both get judged not by our ethnicity but our size! Which seems to still be okay!

OKAY DISers - from here on out... I want everyone to let me know whey you are going to be in WDW - I know that DD and I have to have passed paths with MANY of you since we are usually in a park at least once a week!!! I want itineraries!!!! LOL!!!! I'm just not a great one to walk up to folks - I guess I should be a better ambassodor! LIME GREEN is a very popular color even for non-Dissers at Disney I suspect!

I had a LGMH on my camera bag during MNSSHP - but no one noticed it..... I guess I need something bigger!!!

*** I took the bag and *plop* I dropped Joe's croissant. Oops, sorry, Joe! Ok, so no one saw... do I just pick it up, dust it off, and throw it in the bag? Or do I do the right thing and buy another one? My conscience got the best of me, so I told our friend behind the coffee bar and she gave me a new one.... free of charge! ***

I think I may have just blown it off and stuck it in the bag...you know about the 15 sec rule?!?

***Waldo and Nini make it to the monorail in time and we're off to MK. We arrive at 8:50 to see the little opening show. ***

I have never seen the opening show and was unaware of it up until a few months ago! Thanks DIS-ers!

***We notice a family looking for their personal stroller. The woman starts yelling at the CM standing near the stroller parking asking him where he put her stroller. He says he didn't move her stroller. She tells him it was right there and now it's gone. Apparently, someone stole/accidently took her stroller. The CM asks if she would like him to call security and she says no and storms off. Weird. Weird people. I do notice alot of personal stroller with nothing personal on them.***

If you bring a personal stroller, I would think you should put something on it to "mark" it! How easy it would be to "take" the wrong stroller!

Can't wait for more...hurry up and post...please?!? :thanks:

Disneyland_Mama said:
Seriously?? How funny. You know, I realized I had no dis-apparel on when we walked around the resort. My purse, backpack and stroller had LGMHPC's, but I didn't walk around with them at the resort! Did you run into any other dis-ers?
I had my everpresent baggalini with the lgmh on it everywhere including our strolls around the resort..but no I did not meet any other dissers :sad2: I felt like I was stalking anyone in lime green tho :lmao:
The former teacher in me pays more attention to the children around me than the adults plus my DD is also 4 and drawn to anyone her size...so when I saw the pics of your DD I do remember seeing her as we walked through the resort, because I remember thinking to myself how pretty she is. :goodvibes So at some point we must have passed each other ..lol...I think next time I will just tape a LGMH to my forehead :teeth:

Last I left off Joe, Walt and I were getting off the HM and we now go in search of Waldo and co. I know they are in Fantasyland somewhere. What I don't realize is that Fantasyland spans almost the length of the park. We enter FL thru the little tunnel near HM and see the stroller parking area. We do a quick look for our 2 strollers. Nope, not there. So we figure they went further into FL. We walk thru FL all the way to the Mad Tea Party. No Waldo sightings. I decide to try to call them on their cell phone. Alas, Waldos bad hearing and the noise of whatever ride they are on, prevents them from hearing the phone ringing. Hello? Ever heard of vibrate mode??? :confused3 We finally just stop running around and park ourselves in front of the Peter Pan ride. We wait, and wait and then Walt points them out getting off IASW. I guess they rode it twice, since there was no wait. We remember we have skipped one of our *must do/see* items and head for Philharmagic. They had just opened the doors for the next show so we made it in. Oh, how lovely! :love: I just couldn't stop gushing over this show. It was great. We NEED this at DLR. Take out Pinocchio, please! Next I really wanted to ride the People Mover, since I didn't get to on our previous MK day. Again, loved it! I sure miss it at DLR!
WDWPics080.jpg

I'd heard about the Carossel of Progress, so we decided to hit that next. Not before a quick pic with Stitch, again. Minnie does love Stitch!
WDWPics081.jpg

We had 11:30 ADR's for CP, and we it was now 11:00am. CoP was perfect timing. Walt decided to sit this one out. Too bad. I thought it was cute. I don't ever remember seeing this in DLR. It's a great big beautiful tomorrow..... :banana:
We head over to CP, we're running a little late and it's PACKED! There's a huge line to check in and I'm thinking we're going to wait a while. I get us checked in and we score a bench on the porch so Minnie can watch Cinderellabration, which has just started. We get comfy and our buzzer goes off.
WDWPics097.jpg

Cool! We're seated and our server gives us the whole buffet/character spiel. It was really cute. Minnie took photos with Tigger, Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore. EE got in there a few times.
WDWPics096.jpg
WDWPics094.jpg
WDWPics083.jpg

She even participated in the parade. It was fun for her.
WDWPics088.jpg

I have to comment on the food. All the salads were really yummy and fresh. I loved the salmon, I couldn't get enough of it.
WDWPics087.jpg
Bribbing Little EE with soda, so he'll sit and eat... always works!
After lunch we decide we're feeling pretty good and decide to head back to the room for a quick rest and then head to MGM.
It's about 1 pm and we decide to leave for MGM at 2:45pm. We head out to the bus stop and boom the first bus to arrive is... MGM! Whoo hoo!

Up next.... my $20.00 mistake and who's kicking me?

TinkNH said:
I had my everpresent baggalini with the lgmh on it everywhere including our strolls around the resort..but no I did not meet any other dissers :sad2: I felt like I was stalking anyone in lime green tho :lmao:
The former teacher in me pays more attention to the children around me than the adults plus my DD is also 4 and drawn to anyone her size...so when I saw the pics of your DD I do remember seeing her as we walked through the resort, because I remember thinking to myself how pretty she is. :goodvibes So at some point we must have passed each other ..lol...I think next time I will just tape a LGMH to my forehead :teeth:

Awww... thanks! How sweet. :goodvibes
:rotfl2:I did notice we were the only brown folks in the whole resort, so we weren't easy to miss! :lmao: :rotfl:

Love, love, love the MK pic with Waldo to one side, it really got me laughing :rotfl2:
Glad EE is getting his picture taken w/the characters :thumbsup2

Thanks for the pics of CP, this will be our 1st time eating there this coming Nov trip & your photos are really getting me in the Winnie mood!

Jean

I'm loving your trip report and see that I missed quite a bit while I was off. I'm so proud of you for not giving him the croissant from the floor. :rotfl: It restores my faith in humanity...

I can't wait to hear more.

P.S. I loved the BBB pictures of your daughter.... :goodvibes

Ok, could someone tell me when the opening show is for MK? I was there early three days on our trip, and have never seen it!!!

CP looks like soooo much fun!
How appropriate is it for 4 women ages 39-50 to eat there WITHOUT kids?!?
Would we be out of place?
Heck, I like the characters too! :wizard:

DisneyObsession said:

I am well over 40 & will be @ CP with DH, DS17 & DFIL. DS17 & DFIL have no idea characters are involved! Hmmm...I can just imagine that reaction :teeth: DS17 & DFIL are big buffet hounds, so I am sure that will help them get over it! :rolleyes1
DH is resigned to the fact (& it is written in stone!) that, I, Pooh-sized, older lady, will be dancing with Tigger, Eeyore & pals :joker:

Have fun ladies!
Jean

DisneyObsession said:

VERY appropriate! I believe as soon as you go through the turnstyles, everyone is the same age.
Isn't there a quote over the train bridge as you enter MK that says something to that effect? I'm going to DLR today to check out the new Halloween Time decorations, so I'm going to take a photo of the Walt Disney quote.
I say go for it. It really was fun!

cjnix29 said:
Ok, could someone tell me when the opening show is for MK? I was there early three days on our trip, and have never seen it!!!

I think they only do it on non-EMH days. I could be wrong! :confused3

Disneyland_Mama said:
VERY appropriate! I believe as soon as you go through the turnstyles, everyone is the same age.
Isn't there a quote over the train bridge as you enter MK that says something to that effect? I'm going to DLR today to check out the new Halloween Time decorations, so I'm going to take a photo of the Walt Disney quote.
I say go for it. It really was fun!

Thanks! I think I may just have to do that! :banana:

(Now to talk the other ladies into it!!!!) :teeth:

We jump on the MGM bus and I sit and start to look thru my lanyard to make sure I have everyones Key to the World. Well, I don't. I realize we used Minnies card to open the door and I must have left in on the dresser in the room. What to do? As soon as we stop at GF I ask the bus driver if I can get a replacement at MGM. He give me the :confused3 ! I decide to jump off the bus with Walt and take a Taxi back to the Poly and have that cab wait for me with Walt while I run up to the room and grab the card. I tell Joe it's easier this way, because he's better at lifting strollers, etc. out of the bus. Joes agrees and away Walt and I go. I do as I plan and get back to the cab in record time. The driver takes us to MGM and drops us off w/in 5 minutes of the others, who took the bus. Whoo hoo... and it only cost me 20 bucks! Don't tell Joe!
WDWPics105.jpg
WDWPics104.jpg

We head inside and make our way to the ToT and RnR. First we stop at a snack cart for uhhh... a snack. Minnie wants a pretzel and Little EE wants some strawberries. I'm waiting with my items in line behind a family of 5. The little boy (7yo?) gets himself between my stroller and the table of fruit/snacks. Well, his parents finish their business and leave. When they realize they left him behind, they call him and he almost falls on Little EE in his stroller. I catch him and ask if he's ok. I runs off and the parents give me the ol' stink eye. pirate: Like it's my fault. Get over it people.... watch your kid! Well the kid left his hat on the counter, so I pick it up and take it to him. They parents graciously take it from me and start ripping this poor little kid a new one. I mean, he didn't wander off, THEY left him. I felt so bad for him.
With snacks in hand we head over to grab some FP's for RnR and then head over to ToT. There's no wait for ToT, so we get a baby switch and Joe, Walt and I head on the ride. OMG!!! :woohoo: How can I express how much I love, love, love this ride??? It's soooooo much better here that DCA. I feel cheated with *our* ToT. I mean ours SUCKS compared to MGM. Ours just goes up and down. Whoopie! I need to write a letter to someone... we need *ours* revamped. We look at the photo and it's priceless! Joe's eyes are closed and he's trying to go into the fetal position. Walt's mouth is open and you can almost see the drool about to come out! Gross. I don't remember what I looked like :lmao: ! We did the baby swap and I ride with Waldo and Nini. Waldo is afraid of heights, so Nini is telling me to tell her when the doors open, so she can cover Waldo's eyes.???? Are you kidding me? First of all, how are you going to say anything to Waldo, who is hard of hearing, during the ride when ppl are yelling and screaming and second, how are you going to cover his eyes if he's a foot taller than you. :confused3 This, my friends, is my gene pool. :rotfl: Well, another great ride, even with the crazy parental units. :woohoo: You can imagine our picture.... Nini is attempting to cover Waldo's eyes, only to reach his shoulder area. And Waldo has his arms flailying about, attempting to shoo Nini's eye manuver away. It's priceless. :rotfl2: We meet up with Joe, Walt, and the kidlets and I show them the pic on the screen. Joe and Walt are in hysterics. It really was funny. Next we hit RnR. Joe decides to opt out, so Walt, Waldo, Nini and I head to the FP line, which is really lame, cause there is no line. We head inside and I really don't under the queue of this ride. Is it really necessary to section people off and then make you wait for the section infront of you to go before letting you in the next section? It really bothered me. I don't know why, but it did. Why not just let the line make it's way to the loading area? I think it's my OCD kicking in! :rotfl2: It's our turn to ride and away we go! :woohoo: This ride is soooo fun! I couldn't help but scream! I was more than I expected. It was as good as *our* Space Mountain! :lmao: Everyone loved this ride, even the seniors. :love:
We all decide to split up for awhile, since Walt and Nini want to see the Indian Jones show and Joe and I want to take the kids to see Playhouse Disney thanks to the recommendation of CJNIX29 :thumbsup2 . Waldo doesn't want to see either, so we give him permission to "wander" and meet up with us at the Great Movie ride in 1 hour. Comprendo?
Joe and I make our way to PD and I send him for a snack, while Little EE and I get in the non-existant line. Well Joe comes back empty handed and tells me the line was crazy and the ppl in it were crazier. :crazy: Ok, so we head inside and find a nice spot about 3 rows from the ride stage.
WDWPics106.jpg

It's not crowded, and there's plenty of room to spread out. Well, this family decides my behind looks like a good spot, so they plant themselves right up against my back. I mean I can hear them breathing, they're so close. Well, they have a baby who is learning to walk and the parents decide it's ok to use me as a balance beam, couch, kicking post. If you look closely you can see the baby standing behind me with some killer tennis shoes. Those things hurt! I keep turning around, you know in the nice way, to give them the "cut it out, your kid in bothering me" smile. Nothing..... not a word, not a "Sorry, Excuse me.." nothing. :rolleyes1 I mean c'mon ppl. I have children, so I'm not being insensitive... I do not allow my children in someone elses personal space. :furious: I finally can't take it any longer. The kicks are becoming painful, so I tell Joe, in a nice loud voice, ala Utahmama "I'm TIRED of being KICKED by this kid, so I'm getting up and we can stand at the back of the theater." I give the lady and her kid the mean smile and get up. The show was really cute otherwise. Little EE refused to dance, but Minnie danced enough for both of them. Queue bubbles and we're outta there. We need a quick potty break, so girls to their corner, boys the their corner. Minnie and I exit, I guess before the boys, which is odd, right. So we go collect the strollers and we wait for Joe and EE. No Joe and EE... we wait and wait. I try Joe's cell, no answer. I call again... again... again... no answer. Ok, has Joe's brain been taken over by Wandering Waldo? I'm getting really pissy now... is it ok to say pissy? Sorry, if it's not. Anyway, Joe finally emerges from the building and says "Where were you?" WHAAAAAAAT? I don't want to freak out in public so I just give him the ol' :rolleyes: and we move on to the GMR.
Surprise, surprise.... everyone is where they should be. What is this trip coming to? Waldo is following directions, I think I may be in heaven. :cloud9:
We enter the GMR and see the Naria coats. Minnie and Little EE love that movie... heck, I love that movie. We ooh and ahh over the coats and continue in the line. The line seems pretty short, but it's not moving... at all. We wait in this line for 20 minutes. Our longest wait yet... and for this??? :confused3 We finally get on the ride and are really enjoying it. Until.... we enter Oz and the ride breaks down. I'm thankful that we didn't break down during the Alien scene! We're stuck for a good 15 minutes. It's close to 7 pm and we're all getting pretty hungry. We decide on the Studio Flatbread place and as soon as the ride ends, we head over. What do we find... it's closed! Closed!! Oh man... ok, we're the map. We decide to find the nearest eatery, which is the ABC Commissary. I haven't read good thing about this place, but my stomach is starting to eat itself. I order the Cuban Sandwich with the plantain chips. The sandwich was yummy, but the chips were gross. They left a nasty film in my mouth. With full tummys we decide we're done for the day, so we make our way over to the bus.
WDWPics108.jpg

Of course not before a small shopping spree and a few pictures. I find my niece a cute sparkly WDW shirt, my other nephew a Pirates shirt, and I get myself a sparkly Mickey tee. I also buy a handful of blingy Mickey hairclips for $1 each! What a bargain. We finally make it to the bus stop and our bus arrives with in a few minutes and we are on our way to the Poly. I'm ready for another cocktail.
Coming up.... drama on the bus and Minnie's attitude catches up with her....

I'm First on YOURS! You were first on MINE!!!!

OMGosh!!! I got a snarky cameo!!! YEA! :goodvibes You sounded just like me!
:rotfl2: . That is such a good picture of you and your kids!

You all are soooo truly beautiful!

I always think it's a good plan to split up from time to time! To re-group later.

AND! We love Narnia too! I think that's what we'll be for Halloween! I'll be a plus-sized White Witch...cant wait!

I was surprised at how tiny the Lucy dress on display was (ok, it's at the Narnia attraction, I know!) She's just a little thing!

Those plantain/banana chips are good at first. Then they're weird.

Cant wait to read more, girlfriend!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter