DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

It's so quiet on here all the time these days. I'm really missing the Dis Boards! It seems like no one is ever on anymore though. I mean Facebook is nice and handy, but the DIS used to be lots of fun too! I remember coming here after a day of work and having to read through 10 pages because something exciting was posted. Now, one or 2 posts a week?? It's crazy!

It's so quiet on here all the time these days. I'm really missing the Dis Boards! It seems like no one is ever on anymore though. I mean Facebook is nice and handy, but the DIS used to be lots of fun too! I remember coming here after a day of work and having to read through 10 pages because something exciting was posted. Now, one or 2 posts a week?? It's crazy!

I know what you mean! I think since everyone is on their phones, Facebook is just easier to use/access. :confused3 I do miss those days of adding 6-10 pages a day!

Yes, I wish it was a bit more active here since I have no access on working hours to my fb. :surfweb: I am glad they haven't blocked me on here and so I have time inbetween to come read and get excited.

Beth good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. :wizard:
I have my follow up with the oncologyst for results of some blood work tomorrow. Mine should be painless compared to what you will be going through. :eek: I have been there done that and don't want to trade you places.

Hi everyone!

I'm really never on the DisBoards anymore other than to check stuff on the first page of our thread. Truthfully, I find it a dangerous place for me to be. I always want to start planning a trip as soon as I come here and read everyone else's trip plans/room deals/ticket deals/flight deals/dining deals. Must. Stay. Away. Lol! :rotfl:

But yes, the trip is just around the corner - YAY! :banana:

Hope everyone has their UnChristmas attire ready. :santa: ;)

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Bethy. :hug:

And I'm so excited about the new t-shirts, Mel! :woohoo:

Hi everyone!

I'm really never on the DisBoards anymore other than to check stuff on the first page of our thread. Truthfully, I find it a dangerous place for me to be. I always want to start planning a trip as soon as I come here and read everyone else's trip plans/room deals/ticket deals/flight deals/dining deals. Must. Stay. Away. Lol! :rotfl:

But yes, the trip is just around the corner - YAY! :banana:

Hope everyone has their UnChristmas attire ready. :santa: ;)

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Bethy. :hug:

And I'm so excited about the new t-shirts, Mel! :woohoo:

I know right. I continuously look for new deals, and such. :surfweb:
I have my outfit all picked out and I am going to start putting things in a bag this weekend. Let the packing begin. :cool1:

Hi Divas! I don't get on here often unless I am planning a WDW trip - hopefully that will be soon. But I had to get a look at my countdown! We are in the home stretch now. We'll be arriving on Weds the 26th. YAY :cheer2: I may even get out my suitcase and start to get some things together! I've been looking over the schedules and trying to plan our days out. I don't usually have much of a plan when going to DL, but with group activities and meals, I need to.
I see that alot of attractions will be down. Darn. Well, with no kids in tow for the first time since I was a teen, I want to check out all the little things that I always miss this trip. Also, we've missed out on Carsland and Little Mermaid so at least we have some new things too.
Getting excited!:goodvibes

Looking into booking a flight home now instead. Who's headed to the Orange Co airport that Sunday evening? Who's going to the parks?

Just wanted to post here that I put a PDF of the trip itinerary on our FB thread so you can download it. If you are not on the FB thread or have issues with the download, you can send me a PM here with your email address and I will send it to you that way!

Less than a month away!!pixiedust:

WOW…The Diva weekend is a month away and I am counting the days.

I am mostly on Facebook….our Scavenger team is very active there, but I do check this board about once a week.

I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers!

28 days from right now I will be at Kandace's house starting to think about getting some sleep so I can get up the next morning at the you know what crack of dawn to catch our flight! So excited!

Hi! I can't wait for the trip!

Good news is my work actually approved my Friday off (and leaving early on Thurday) but bad news is I didn't sign up for the M&G because I was almost positive I get my request for time off denied.

Oh well. I'm super excited to be staying at the Grand for the first time and to see everyone again.

I ran the Tinkerbell Half Marathon on the 19th. I'm sure you all saw the pictures my mom posted on FB.

Hi! I can't wait for the trip! Good news is my work actually approved my Friday off (and leaving early on Thurday) but bad news is I didn't sign up for the M&G because I was almost positive I get my request for time off denied. Oh well. I'm super excited to be staying at the Grand for the first time and to see everyone again. I ran the Tinkerbell Half Marathon on the 19th. I'm sure you all saw the pictures my mom posted on FB.

Aw! I didn't get to see you at Tink this year.

Just dropping in to say hello!! :wave:
Hope everyone is doing well. I was finally able to eat something other than mush last night after having four teeth extracted last week. That's my big news here. lol :p

Tomorrow is Friday! Yay! :cool1:

Then Saturday is February 1st and we can all shout, "I'm going to Disney this month!!" :hyper:

And, of course, Sunday is the Super Bowl. I know we have Divas rooting for both teams, but I just have to say.... GO SEAHAWKS! :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

Glad you are healing quickly Beth! I bed mushy food gets old pretty quickly!

I could really care less about football. Although I do like the half time show and eating junk food...so go Bruno Mars! :cheer2:

Woo hoo! It'll technically be Friday in 15 minutes! :cool1:

I'm super ready and excited for this trip, I need a break from work so much. I put in my request exactly 1 month prior (that's the earliest I can as a contractor) and I don't see any possible problems as my manager is pretty chill and is cool guy. Also, one of the perks of being a contractor over an associate, I don't have to worry if someone else is requesting off the same dates (which I highly doubt). I was going to also ask to leave early on Wednesday to get to DLR around 8pmish but I don't want to push it.

I could always ask that same week, so we'll see.

I filed my taxes via turbotax last weekend so I hope to get my federal return one to two weeks before the trip (that'll definitely be nice!).

Hope you're all doing wonderfully this Thursday evening. Tomorrow is pay day and Friday, double Woo!:dance3:

Its Friday and less than 30 days before I am back in the Happiest Place on Earth meeting new DIVA friends.

I am excited but nervous at the same time, people I have told about what I am doing think it’s very brave (and maybe kinda crazy) of me ~~ getting on a plane to hang out with a bunch of ladies who are complete strangers...

It is totally out of my comfort zone – I am a real introvert which is why people think its courageous of me to do this

In other stuff, our family trip in May had to get an additional day added to it! WestJet canceled our Thursday night flight home from LAX so our only option was fly out of LAX at 11:30am on Thursday (ya, right!) or extend to fly home on Friday night! I did have to buy another night hotel but so worth the extra $$$$$ to spend an additional 24 hours at DL!

Its Friday and less than 30 days before I am back in the Happiest Place on Earth meeting new DIVA friends.

I am excited but nervous at the same time, people I have told about what I am doing think it’s very brave (and maybe kinda crazy) of me ~~ getting on a plane to hang out with a bunch of ladies who are complete strangers...

It is totally out of my comfort zone – I am a real introvert which is why people think its courageous of me to do this

In other stuff, our family trip in May had to get an additional day added to it! WestJet canceled our Thursday night flight home from LAX so our only option was fly out of LAX at 11:30am on Thursday (ya, right!) or extend to fly home on Friday night! I did have to buy another night hotel but so worth the extra $$$$$ to spend an additional 24 hours at DL!
LOL! Jennifer! That is how all of us felt the first time.

My kids thought I was nuts. They couldn't believe that I was actually going to meet up with people I had met on the internet. My sister said to me, "Melody, how do you know that a weirdo might really be a man, dressed up as a woman?" :rotfl: I had to reassure them all, that after talking with these nice ladies for months, and had seen pictures of them, know their kid's names, what they do and so on, that they were all normal. :rolleyes1

So here I am, a veteran from the first year making my 6th trip. Is it 6 or 7 Beth?

Anywhos, have made some wonderful friendships with so many of these ladies. :grouphug:

I'm sure you will too! :thumbsup2

LOL! Jennifer! That is how all of us felt the first time.

My kids thought I was nuts. They couldn't believe that I was actually going to meet up with people I had met on the internet. My sister said to me, "Melody, how do you know that a weirdo might really be a man, dressed up as a woman?" :rotfl: I had to reassure them all, that after talking with these nice ladies for months, and had seen pictures of them, know their kid's names, what they do and so on, that they were all normal. :rolleyes1

So here I am, a veteran from the first year making my 6th trip. Is it 6 or 7 Beth?

Anywhos, have made some wonderful friendships with so many of these ladies. :grouphug:

I'm sure you will too! :thumbsup2

Same here! And my daughter said almost the same thing!! I think this is #7, and I've been here for all but one. I am so glad I met this group and I'm so thankful for the friendships I've made!! I know I can at anytime say I'm going to Disneyland and someone will be there with me!!! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter