DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

WebmasterJohn I know you won't announce what the june 1 activity will be. so I can request the proper time off work are you attempting to get a daytime or evening event? Trying to minimize my time off work so if it's daytime I don't want to put in for june 2nd. Also if it's nighttime, I'm thinking of doing a 1 night stay which I want to book soon as well.

Just no details to share yet.

Not trying to be cute or tricky I just have nothing worth even mentioning.

Even the current "fun in the sun" promotion is showing a little bit lower rates for GF and BW. The AP rates are even lower than that. So I'm confused.

Again - our rates are better than rack but not necessarily better than any current promotion.

Keep in mind promotions are also based on availability.

My advise - book the best rate you can find.

The room category in our contract says 'standard room'.

Our groups rates are definitely better than rack but there is nothing that says they will be better than an already available discount. If your AP rate is better by all means book that.

Thanks for this info John! :-)

Booked Pop for 27-29. I know it's before the anniversary, but my wife is a teacher and can't take off, so we are flying in for a 3 day weekend.

Please schedule some events for that weekend. :D I'd love to participate.

40% off rack rate for POP is awesome. Much better than I could expect from any other promotion.

John (WebmasterJohn) - I hope Dreams schedules more of these exclusive group rates throughout the year. I don't "need" a travel agent but would love to use you guys more often. I go with the cheapest agency rate I can find as I don't use any other services that TAs offer, so I unfortunately usually book with another agency. :worried:

Last edited:
Booked Pop for 27-29. I know it's before the anniversary, but my wife is a teacher and can't take off, so we are flying in for a 3 day weekend.

Please schedule some events for that weekend. :D I'd love to participate.

40% off rack rate for POP is awesome. Much better than I could expect from any other promotion.

John (WebmasterJohn) - I hope Dreams schedules more of these exclusive group rates throughout the year. I don't "need" a travel agent but would love to use you guys more often. I go with the cheapest agency rate I can find as I don't use any other services that TAs offer, so I unfortunately usually book with another agency. :worried:
Usually group rates are only for when the Dis/dreams/disunplugged has events in the area. Group rates aren't booked through dreams themselves but rather Disney group travel so that's why I wouldn't think dreams would do group rates when they don't have an event.

Just no details to share yet.

Not trying to be cute or tricky I just have nothing worth even mentioning.

I didn't expect much but I appreciate your reply. Let me ask this another way, is there any plans to schedule other things the day after or is June 1 going to be the conclusion of the anniversary event?

I didn't expect much but I appreciate your reply. Let me ask this another way, is there any plans to schedule other things the day after or is June 1 going to be the conclusion of the anniversary event?

That's what I was trying to decide. I have a limited number of days I can be there. I wish I knew if the 1st was going to be the start, middle, or end of events. :/

Usually group rates are only for when the Dis/dreams/disunplugged has events in the area. Group rates aren't booked through dreams themselves but rather Disney group travel so that's why I wouldn't think dreams would do group rates when they don't have an event.
Sorry Ryan but this seems to me to be kind of circular logic. If it would bring more clients to Dreams, why wouldn't they do group rates even if there isn't an event?

Sorry Ryan but this seems to me to be kind of circular logic. If it would bring more clients to Dreams, why wouldn't they do group rates even if there isn't an event?
But do they make money off the group rates since they aren't actually booking them? Isn't it booked through Disney group travel not dreams? I feel like this would hurt their income but I might be off.

But do they make money off the group rates since they aren't actually booking them? Isn't it booked through Disney group travel not dreams? I feel like this would hurt their income but I might be off.

I certainly an unsure of the business model behind it, but the other agency with similar group rates handles the making of reservations with the Disney groups team.

I'm assuming they do make some money off group rates but I'm not familiar with either Disney or Dreams actual business practices.

I am in shock! I never look at the dates of these things since we live in Australia and only get to visit WDW every 2 years and dates are always dependent on my work. We booked to be at WDW for 2 weeks, and includes these dates!!! We are so excited to meet the team as I am obsessed with DIS Unplugged, the Daily Fix and all the other great things you do. Keeps us connected to Disney, and you all have become family (at least it seems that way.). Looking forward and very excited for our trip in May/June.

Sooooooo happy!! We are booked now at Pop for 5/29-6/3 for the event. My goddaughter is going with us. She went to the last DISapalooza at Diagon Alley and when I asked her if we wanted to go she said YESSSSSsssss!! Now waiting to hear what the event will be and to start planning. Morgan and I have decided on annual passes for us and a park hopper for Mom.

Just received our first report of how the rooms are booking and we are almost sold out of some nights/dates already!!!!

I will ask for an increase in our room block but if you are on-the-fence about this I strongly suggest you get your room now - I wouldn't want anyone to get shut-out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter