Direct Water Park bus service from resorts is back!

This is good news. We had a fairly easy trip TO Blizzard Beach in August since the BB bus was waiting for us at Animal Kingdom, but the way back took a long time. I decided that next time I go that I would uber at least one way, but now I might not have to.

Although the stop at Disney Springs might be welcomed for some people (if they don't mind carrying around wet items and having wet hair!)

To each their own. It didn't bother me much at all.
It was awful. A full bus trying to get back after a day at AK. Most of the time there would be NO ONE waiting for the bus at BB. But add 10-15 minutes to the trip. When there were folks waiting, there was standing room only on the bus, and they would drip on folks around them.

Almost every bus would turn in for absolutely no guests waiting all afternoon. So much better to have dedicated bus. The resort groups are the same as they do for other parks in the slower afternoons.

It was awful. A full bus trying to get back after a day at AK. Most of the time there would be NO ONE waiting for the bus at BB. But add 10-15 minutes to the trip. When there were folks waiting, there was standing room only on the bus, and they would drip on folks around them.

Almost every bus would turn in for absolutely no guests waiting all afternoon. So much better to have dedicated bus. The resort groups are the same as they do for other parks in the slower afternoons.
:confused3 10-15 minutes doesn’t make a ton of different to me. You just plan for that.

Disney has never seemed to really care much about transportation to the water parks for some reason.

This is good to hear. I was just telling DS that next time we will Uber to the waterparks. It's a pain to transfer.

HUGE improvement,but there will be some bus sharing and the buses will only service one Bus Stop in OKW and SSR and only one in each Moderate(with POFQ looking like they will have to "hoof" it on up to Riverside).

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-bus-routes-for-walt-disney-world-water-parks-2/

Some resort’s buses will stop at multiple locations picking up guests along the way. Below are the resorts that are bundled together in their transit to the water parks:
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
  • Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts, Disney’s Yacht Club, Disney’s Beach Club, and Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Resort – Jambo House and Kidani Village
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, and Disney’s All-Star Movies
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
Select resorts will have specific bus stops that service the waterparks:

• Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – Old Port Royale Stop
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort – El Centro/Stop #1
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort – Hospitality House Stop
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – South Bus Depot
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort (including Treehouse Villas) – The Springs Bus Stop
Does this mean if you are at Port Orleans French Quarter you have to walk up to Riverside to the South Bus Depot?

This is EXCELLENT news! We just dealt with the transfer in October going from Poly to BB and it was torture. As if the trip going to BB wasn't bad enough, there was a mob waiting at the bus stop BB to leave. People who were waiting first were being pushed and literally it became a free for all. I'm surprised fights didn't break out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter