dinner while watching the firworks

jltdone

Mouseketeer
I think i read some where that there is a resturant at one of the resorts that you can have dinner and watch the firework show?

I think i read some where that there is a resturant at one of the resorts that you can have dinner and watch the firework show?

Assuming you're asking about MK fireworks, there are a couple of resort locations where you can watch the fireworks from your table (maybe):
1. California Grill at CR (closing for a lengthy refurb) - some window tables and a viewing deck that guests are allowed to leave their table to go to.
2. Narcoossee's at GF - some window tables and a veranda that guests are allowed to leave their tables to go to.
3. 'Ohana at Poly - some window tables (I've never watched the fireworks from here, so I don't know how good the view is or how many tables there are).

You can't guarantee that you'll get a window table at any of these places. Some will let you ask/request one, but they won't promise it'll be available in time.

There is a viewing deck on the fourth floor of the CR that is open to anyone. Other popular viewing locations include the Poly beach and various locations at the GF.

That sounds like you're interested in seeing the Magic Kingdom fireworks from a restaurant. You can also do this at Epcot but inside the park, not at a resort.

California Grill (which is closing in February for a lengthy rehab) Narcoosees and 'Ohana have possible views of the Magic Kingdom from one's table where the Wishes show can be seen. Such a table is not guaranteed though. California Grill has an outdoor "observation deck" for viewing if your table doesn't have a view. Narcoosees has something similar but at ground level (a deck outside the restaurant). 'Ohana has no attached separate viewing area.

Another option is the Wishes dessert party at Magic Kingdom. We are hoping to do that this summer.

We once watched the fireworks from the walkway connecting Bay Lake Tower and the Contemporary. That was really cool. Perhaps the coolest was the boat we rented in Bay Lake. It was pricey, but not that bad since we split the cost with another family I met on Disboards. I would definitely do that again.

FIREWORKS VIEWING (rev 5/6/2012)

1) Illuminations restaurant viewing
. . . Rose & Crown - Excellent Patio View
. . . La Hacienda - Excellent Window View
. . . Tokyo Dining - Good Window view, Good Patio View
. . . Chef de France - Obstructed Window View
. . . Bistro de Paris - Partially Obstructed Window View
. . . Liberty Inn - Obstructed Patio View
2) Wishes restaurant viewing
. . . California Grille - Excellent table view, excellent balcony views
. . . Narcoossee's - Good view from only a few tables, good balcony view
. . . Ohana - Good view from very few tables
3) Non-Eating viewing
. . . Wishes: Wilderness Lodge employee parking lot - Good View
. . . Wishes: Poly Beach - Good View, with piped-in music
. . . Wishes: Fort Wilderness Beach - Fair view
. . . Illuminations: Boardwalk - Poor view, only high fireworks

NOTE: Tables at restaurants with views are highly prized.
. . . you may ask for a able with a view at the podium
. . . but, must take ANY seat when your ADR is ready
. . . whether there is a fireworks view or not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter