Dinner Review -9/28 - 10/3- Kona's, Concourse, Le Sellier, Narcoosee's

sleeping beauty 2

Mouseketeer
Just back from the best vacation at Disney ever. We enojoyed staying at the GF and being on the DDP. Although eating sooo much food is difficult and requires a lot of planning. Don't know if I will do it again, but we experienced some fabulous dinners for our family of 5 - myself, DH, DS9, DD7, DS2. (Note that at check-in they suggest using the kids service for adult meals and paying out of the pocket for the adults. We did this a couple of times, but it is difficult eating so much food anyway.)

Note that the kids had either Pasta or chicken nuggets, or hamburgers. The only feedback there is that my 9 year old son voted Le Sellier with the best chicken nuggets, and my daugter voted Narcoosee with the best pasta.
2 1/2 year old was picky about everything, but loved pasta every place.

Kona's - Great way to start our trip. I had the crab cakes, and the Mahi Mahi. My husband had the PotStickers (which were great) and the Prime Rib. Creme brulee for dessert and the upside down icecream cone were the most memorable.

LTT - the worst dinner I have ever paid for. It may have been that we weren't in the mood for turkey dinner, but none of the meat (ham, beef or turkey) was very good. The gravy was lumpy. the only one to eat much, was my 9 year old son- who likes Stouffers mac n cheese. The only highlight was the un-birthday cake that we got. At least that lightened the mood. But I wouldn't recommend spending ~$90 for a party of 4 to eat here. WE picked this because it seemed like a good start to MNSSHP, and althought the characters were cute in the Halloween costumes we were very disappointed.

Concourse steak HOuse - meet friend at this restaurant. The Ribeye was good - except for the BBQ sauce that they put on top. Filet mignon and the salmon got good review from my husband and friend. The Butterfinger cheesecake was superb. Kids got a sugar cookie to decorate with paint brushes and sprinkles, which was more fun than good to eat.

Le Sellier - what more do I have to say. It lived up to expectation and beyond. I had a great shrimp cocktail and my husband had the Salmon Crab timbale, which he thought was a bit smokey tasting. Since the kids didn't want their appetizer we also got a small tasting of the cheddar soup, which was also very good. We both had the Mushroom filet mignon, which was excellent. After all this food, we still squeezed in dessert - Chocolate whiskey cake, the creme brulee sampler, Campfire smores, and the Chocolate "Moose". My 9 year old also had the Northern Lights (not part of the DDP - but he wanted the red glow cube-which you can purchase separately as we had to for my 7 year old).

Narcoosee's - romantic restaurant for those who can slip away from the children. We couldn't - but the kids were extra good and there were many tables with children, so we weren't alone. The Crab cakes were mostly crab meat and very good. However, the Mussels were the best. We both had Surf& Turf and it leaves up to the reviews that I have read. The Key lime creme Brulee and the Raspberry Mint Mousse were good. Be prepared to spend close to 2 hours for dinner - which can be long if the kids aren't cooperating. Ours wanted to go swimming after - so they behaved.

Already planning our next trip in 2008.

I'm glad you had a nice time! We love Narcoossee's and LeCellier, we always have a nice time and great food at those places! I haven't tried Kona yet, but I am sure I will soon! Thanks for the reviews!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I enjoyed the mussels and key lime brulee to at Narcoosee's . It is a nice place.

Thanks for sharing your reviews, sorry you were disappointed with LTT. I'm looking forward to trying it in January, hope it's good! :figment:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter