Dinner Reservations

John I Haggerty

Earning My Ears
In general, how difficult will be to get dinner reservations (9/10 -9/23) with a two or same day notice?

I don't want to plan too specifically, after all I'm on vacation. I'm thinking of eating out for dinner maybe 2 or 3 nights.

In general, how difficult will be to get dinner reservations (9/10 -9/23) with a two or same day notice?

I don't want to plan too specifically, after all I'm on vacation. I'm thinking of eating out for dinner maybe 2 or 3 nights.

Unfortunately, that is during the Free Dining promotion where all Sit Downs book up really heavy.

If you are really flexible and only a party of 1 or 2, you should be able to find something, but for the more popular places at popular times you will be out of luck.

Also, the restaurants that don't accept the dining plan or Signature Restaurants where you will pay a bit more for your meal may be easier to book.

Make a few advanced dining reservations. If you go..you go. If not, then cancel. Without a few more specifics it's hard to say. If you're trying to get into a popular spot..the same day..it's unlikely you'll get in. There are always food courts available to you at any of the moderate resorts..you won't starve.

It all depends on the resturant you are trying to eat at. Some are booked solid 90 days out like LeCellier and others never fully book. If you don't want to be like me and excessively plan and book everything at 90 days out then you better be flexible and dont get you hopes up for a certain place.

Having said all that there are allways cancellations and you may get lucky. My advice is start calling every hour or so once you know what you want and if its still not avail just try walking up. If you still get turned away then try another place. There are so many choices if you stay away from the 5 most poular ones you should do better.

I agree with Flametamr, it totally depends on where you want to eat. LeCellier is a lost cause (even slipping the maitre de a $50 won't get you in! Though it has worked at Chefs de France ;) ), but some thing like the sit-down in Morocco seems to always have openings. The buffet in Norway is another example, because the menu is a bit adventurous for most. Sit downs in MK, AK and DHS are all in short supply to begin with, so you are probably out of luck there and might do better to check out resort dining near those parks and you may get lucky. I would make contingency plans.

:santa:

I agree with Flametamr, it totally depends on where you want to eat. LeCellier is a lost cause (even slipping the maitre de a $50 won't get you in! Though it has worked at Chefs de France ;) ), but some thing like the sit-down in Morocco seems to always have openings. The buffet in Norway is another example, because the menu is a bit adventurous for most. Sit downs in MK, AK and DHS are all in short supply to begin with, so you are probably out of luck there and might do better to check out resort dining near those parks and you may get lucky. I would make contingency plans.

:santa:

Nah, the buffet in Norway is perpetually full with all the mini princesses. All princess meals all the time, blech!!! (No offense to all of you with little Bibbidi Boppity Boutique little princesses, and if I ever have a grandaughter will probably be there with bells on, but it's not for us right now.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter