DINKS--some more

Sounds like your trip has started off very well! You went on the rides DH & I typically love when first arriving at EPCOT (Living with the Land & Ellen's Adv. & now the addition of Soarin' since our most recent trip). Loved your pics, very cool especially the one with the lamp, can't wait to see the rest. Check out my TR in my siggie (shameless plug:blush: ), I too had a thing for light fixtures this last trip.

Can't wait to hear how you liked your room at WL.

Check out my TR in my siggie (shameless plug:blush: ), I too had a thing for light fixtures this last trip.

I really got into the shadows and way lighting played, especially on ceilings. It makes me want to get a better camera.

So, Wilderness Lodge...

First off, love the GPS on the buses that make the music change in response to where you're going to.

I just love the look and the grounds here, everything is so relaxed and makes you want to kick back and just enjoy.

DSCN0579.jpg

DSCN0580.jpg

Our room at WL was a complete surprise. Originally we booked a woods view and a king bed. The only kings they had were the handicapped ones, we said we'll take the queen beds. Boy or boy were we lucky.

DSCN0583.jpg

I have to think that the woods view rooms on the 6th floor might be the quietest and most private feeling rooms in all of WDW. It was really transporting. I know there were kids next door, but while in the room, they were non existant. Everything was just so quiet and private. Perfect for two adults....except for the queen beds.

We had a great nap (after I unpacked and organized...I'm one of those people), took the much needed shower (much needed), had my coffee from home, and headed down to Artists Point for a 7:30 dinner.

For Appetizers, I had the Mixed Green Salad and DH had the Portobello Soup. The Salad was surprising. I always love the combination of beets, blue cheese, and vinagerette...but this version was so subtle, it's hard to describe, but it was just surprising. The soup was amazing, wow, just wow. You all MUST get it.

I can't remember what DH got for the main course, though I do remember it was excellent. I got the scallops, and again, just so surprising. I mean, who uses corn nectar? delish. Nothing was overwhelming, it was all just such a subtle blend of flavors.

For Dessert I had the berries in muscat wine with a mint foam. More surprises! So refreshing, and just such an interesting mix of flavors. I wanted more!

For all the courses, I went with the recommended wine. I figure with all the master sommaliers WDW employs, the pairings must be good.

I got a chocolate martini to go. I love saying that.

Ok, good things to say. The chef was great. He came out to talk about options with me (the soy thing) and really took his time, not only in re. to the soy but also giving his opinions on the different dishes we were thinking about. He also told us about a new addition to his kitchen, an 18 year old girl who lives near where we are. He was so complimentary of her, talking about her natural talents...that made me respect him. Alas, he didn't know if she would be returning to Seattle in the future.

Our server was v. attentitive, had a lot of knowladge, and was just spunky without being too much. Perfect, in other words. It seemed the the resteraunt was perfectly staffed and everything went like clockwork.

Until that family arrived to sit next to us.

Which is what turned our dinner into a two and a half hour experience.

It's funny, we always complain about the loud kids, the ones that run around...these weren't those kids, no these were kids who had great parents who really saw this fine dining experience as an opportunity to educate their kids. So much so that they had our same waitress explain in depth every part of the meal service. Every part. Not just the food, but also the wine...even though the kids didn't have wine, they still asked her to explain to them why each wine went with each dish. Needless to say, suddenly the pace of the service dropped, and there wasn't extra staff to pick up the pace.

Our server felt bad, even started to bring full glasses of wine for both DH and myself instead of the wine flight tasting one. She was great and really tried to make up for the the sudden slow turn, I really felt bad for her.

We enjoyed our time, but had originally thought that a 7:30 dinner would let us walk out to the beach for the 9:35 boat parade...but alas, was not meant to be.

We did get back to our room (chocolate martini in hand) just in time for the fireworks. We had one of those fabled rooms with a fireworks view. It was just wonderful. There was a break in the trees where you could see all of the high up fireworks between the trees and the Contemporary. Loved it!

Then, we fell into bed.

Tomorrow...Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom EMH.

Day Two...

We woke up around 6:30am for a nice, hot shower in the stinky Florida water. Had our oatmeal and peanut butter, and headed out to Animal Kingdom.

btw, the entire trip, transportation was easy ...bus, boat, or monorail...didn't ever see any need to rent a car or complain. The only issues were ones that were our own fault.

So, on to AK. We got there in time for the opening ceremony...is that Mickey?!?!?! lol

DSCN0591.jpg

We were one of the first ones at Everest so we went ahead and rode it then...and wow, love it. Have to say, I was feeling a bit woozy after the backwards corckscrew in the dark. Loved it though, went back for more a day or so later.

Mike went for fastpasses, I went to Primevil Whirl....wheeeeeee I love spinning

wayback.jpg

there was no wait to get on, but wow, it really took THAT long to get the ride started? interesting.

From there it was to Dinosuar! which imo is a better ride than Indiana Jones at DL. No matter how many times I go on Dinosaur! I still get scared, Indian Jones is old hat after awhile.

On our way to Camp Minnie-Mickey, we stopped at Pizzafari as DH was in desperate need of protein. Yeah, that breakfast, airport worthy at best. Yuk. I'm glad that I just had the fruit.

DSCN0595.jpg

We made it to the first show of Lion King, it was pretty much empty audience wise.

lionking.jpg

Here was the scene of my first heartache for the performers. I have a good friend who used to be a solo dancer at a DL show. I've known other dancers of the highest caliber who have worked at WDW. These are all dancers capable of getting jobs at major ballet and/or jazz companies in the U.S. They went to Disney, though because of the pay, steady income, and *gasp* insurance. Who could blame them? But it's such a waste of their talents. Disney has some amazing, AMAZING talented performers, but they are wasting away from doing the same thing day after day without much challenge. The challenge isn't in the art, but in the keeping face up for the guests. Why can't there be both? The people who design the shows do a wonderful job and you see their talent evident, but the performers are just as talented, and it's a shame that it isn't truly shown. The public might think that they see it, but they don't, there is so, so much more there.

I say this after watching the solo dancers (the birds) in the Lion King show. Those two clearly had v. high caliber training, but what were they given to do? big lifts? thats it. I find it to be tragic that artists have to choose stability and insurance over artistic fullfillment.

Ok, off my soapbox now.

So, from Lion King to Pochonntas (I think she really was a cartoon come to life)
DSCN0610.jpg

and an overhead shot
DSCN0609.jpg

it was a v. cute show, she was an increadible singer and performer...but again, I keep wondering what else is under the veneer of theme park performance.

I also can't help but wonder what the mythical creatures land would have been like
DSCN0596.jpg

Later to come...Tusker House, Dawa Bar, animals, and more!

Day 2, Animal Kingdom....part 2

We headed to Africa to get a Safari fastpass. We then passed the time in the Dawa Bar while waiting for our Tusker House seating time.

George had a drink...
DSCN0619.jpg

and we watched the drummers and these guys...

Samson-1.jpg

sad to say that we missed the third performance group.

Watching the two groups that we did see, I kept wondering if these smaller groups are able to change things up more than their counterparts in the big shows. I would hope so.

In the Tusker House, we got a table in the tiny side room, a great example of just how easy it could be to attempt to at least have a small area for adults only.

Tusker1-1.jpg

I was dissapointed in the buffet. Of course, I went into it not liking the idea of a buffet. I love getting served beautiful dishes, I don't like filling my own plate and just guessing that the flavors will all work together. Buffets just aren't...artistic enough for me. lol, how crazy is that, but I think that thats the way it is.

I did love the ceiling of the main space, however.

Tusker4.jpg

tusker3.jpg

--Surgery in the morning, if I write anything in the next two weeks, I apologize, it will be drug induced...when I return, animals, I promise!--

Loved your two-day installment, the pics were great! Looking forward to hearing about day 3. Good luck with your healing process, hope the surgery went well!

Loving your report, and good luck with your surgery!

Thank you! twice over

Loved your two-day installment, the pics were great! Looking forward to hearing about day 3. Good luck with your healing process, hope the surgery went well!

Thank you, and I'm not even done with day two!

Hope you're doing well. :goodvibes

I'm doing pretty well. The first 24 hours were really, really bad. The painkillers weren't doing the trick, so the doctor ended up making a house call at 2am to give me a local in the joint. I got another local the next day at noon, and since then, things have been great. Right now any pain is completley managed with tylenol and ice. So, not bad. I'm actually lucid!
I've got my wheelchair, my knee scooter, and crutches, so I'm good to go. DH has been a trooper taking care of me.

...so....

Day Two part three

Animals!

giraffelike.jpg

giraffe.jpg

George's favorite

elephant.jpg

meerkat.jpg

dig the tunnel, dig dig the tunnel

DSCN0661.jpg

You know, I wish that they would either just drop the poaching story alltogether, or make it a much bigger thing. Right now its kinda half a***d. It's such a great ride without the extra story line.

more day two to come!

Day two...part four

Once again, we loved the Pangani Trail. We much enjoyed talking to someone about naked mole rats, as well as the gorillas. Last visit we talked to someone about how the gorillas would throw poo at missbehaving guests. Once again we found ourselves to be in the middle of a poo conversation.

For instance, one of the gorillas is very cunning with this. He'll stock pile his poo behind a bush, load up and hit a post on the bridge, when someone goes to see what it was, they get smacked by the second round. Now that's intelligence. They eventually planted a tree so that he couldn't do that anymore.

My favorite Tree of Life photo

DSCN0663-1.jpg

On the way to Asia
DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0666.jpg

Originally we were going to go to Planet Watch, but time was running short and we headed to Finding Nemo: The Musical! oooooo, yeah, and I see why they say to arrive 45 min. ahead. This was one of the few times that I actually thought 'yup, it's a busy weekend'.

I was so impressed by the creativity that went into this production. Just, amazing. The puppets were so surprising (especially that crab, wow). This is one of the few shows that looks like it would be challenging day after day, or at least take more time to get sick of as a performer.

Afterward, we headed to the Jungle Trek (where we actually witnessed an older cast member pitching a hissyfit because he didn't want to be in the tiger section).

DSCN0687.jpg

DSCN0694.jpg

DSCN0698.jpg

George!

DSCN0695-1.jpg

The last thing we did was use our fastpass for Kali River Rapids...and, meh, the que was cool. The ride was quite boring. Everyone laughed at us wearing our ponchos...though by the end everyone was jealous.

...and, of course, we manned the water canons at the end.

DSCN0677.jpg

So back to WL for a nap and shower before we head back to MK.

more to come...

More Day Two to come!

Great pics!!! Thanks for feeding the need for another installment. :) I'm glad to know the pain from your surgery is becoming manageable.

Day two...part what?

We headed back to WL, started to stand in line at Roaring Forks, said screw that, and went to get flatbread at the Territory Lounge. We both had the v. tasty pulled pork and coleslaw, I also had a RedHook. Yup, that got me drowsy enough for a nap. I'm sad that my picture of the ceiling in there didn't turn out, it was quite stunning.

We had a good nap, made some coffee, and made sure to wake up in time to go see the floating electrical light parade.

ooooohhhhhh

DSCN0701.jpg

aaaaahhhhhh

DSCN0702.jpg

yawnnnnnnn

I sort of expeted it to be lame. It was nice to experience it on the beach, however, that was enjoyable...except for the family with all the kids who kept yelling at their kids to sit down. Geeze, let the kids play allready, it's their natural state. They're been standing in lines all day, let them enjoy the cool sand and play time. They weren't bothering me when they were playing, they were bothering me when they were sitting next to me and pouting.

We headed back up to the room for a little bit, and we realized that we had a pretty good view of the parade when it's at them contemporary. Didn't watch it, though.

More coffee, and we're off to the Magic Kingdom. As much broohaha is made on the resort board about the boats, I loved them. Honestly, probably my favorite part of the whole trip were the boat rides. So relaxing, so calm...and very regular. I don't know what peoples problems are with them...because we never had an issue...and you have to admit, the water canal was pretty darn cool.

We got to the park around 11pm (joy, right in time to try and dance around the parade). We managed to beat it by walking through the right hand stores and we got to our goal with time to spare...Adventureland!

First off, my favorite, the Jungle Cruise. Alas, the skipper on this go round seemed to be getting tired after the long day, I understand. She wasn't bad, just not at her best. I will say at this point that the Jungle Cruise in WDW is so so much better than the one DL...no underground temples to go through in DL.

We rode magic carpets for the first time...oo ah oh...w/e. I'm glad we did it.

Pirates was next, which is so not as cool as the DL version. No swamp scene, the drops are too small.

We happily skipped the Tiki Room...as I hate the new one.

DSCN0708.jpg

There's a story there.

I used to be the sort of snob that hated all things Disney. I couldn't imagine that there was possibly any artistic merit in any of it. To me it was just juvenile with no redeeming value.

That was until I saw the Tiki Room under new management.

The horrors of the new version opened up my eyes to just how good everything else at Disney is. It showed me how everything else tows the line so perfectly in order to appeal to both children and adults...and the art and the difficulty is there, one just has to be willing to truly pay attention. Thank goodness the brillant original is still in DL.

Since it was an EMH night, we made our way clockwise around the park. BTMRR (always best at night), Haunted Mansion (love the refurb), Peter Pan (such an interesting difference from DL's...DL 's is a further away version, WDW brings you closer to the action), Philharmagic (first time, loved it), Snow White (terrified me as a kid),

The Carosel

DSCN0717.jpg

DSCN0714.jpg

George got to meet his hero

DSCN0723.jpg

Winnie the Pooh ( I think I like the one at DL better), and Mad Tea Party (DH refuses to ride with me).

I have to say, I really prefer the look of Fantasyland in DL. It's just so much more...fanciful. The insides might be the same, but the outsides are just an amazing visual feast.

We went on to the Speedway (fun, but only if you have 0 wait), Space Ranger Spin (again, I prefer DL because the controls are more movable...DH won by several 10's of thousands), and Space Mountain. Going on space mountain is like returning to the womb for me...truly...after that ride, my mom knew she was pregnant. Once again, though, I'm having to go with the DL Space Mountain. The approach and music track make it on top for me.

We valiently tried to stay until 3am, but at 2:30am we called it in and made our way back to the boat. A beautiful, calm ride back and a quick falling asleep in bed.

We'll be sleeping in tomorrow.

Okay, now I'm ready for Day 3, :rotfl: !

I feel the same way about the boat's, I love taking them and enjoying the fact that it's a very relaxing ride, not a quick way to get somewhere. But maybe that's because we don't have kids who are in a hurry to get somewhere?:confused3 Or we're just mellow people (okay, I know I just aged myself a lot on that comment:hippie: ).

I think it's great that you are commenting on the comparison's of WDW & DL. I've never been to DL, but if I go at least I will know what's the better version of a specific ride. I would love, love, love to see the DL version of Pirates of the Caribbean!

Glad to hear that that your doc made a housecall for you. I can just imagine the agony you must have been in. I remember the first and second night after my foot surgery (the second one), I cried all night long because the pain pills did nothing.

Hope all continues to go well with your recouperation!:woohoo:

Glad to see you're feeling better, and I'm loving your report! I have to agree about Snow White - that ride always gave me a recurring nightmare when I was little. I still have to talk myself into going on it today! :rotfl:

I also agree about Fantasyland in DL - it's MUCH better than WDW. As is Toontown. I've only been to DL once, and on the whole found WDW to be so much better, but there are just some things at Disneyland that cannot be touched - Fantasyland, Toontown. Thanks for the comparisons!

I feel the same way about the boat's, I love taking them and enjoying the fact that it's a very relaxing ride, not a quick way to get somewhere. But maybe that's because we don't have kids who are in a hurry to get somewhere?:confused3 Or we're just mellow people (okay, I know I just aged myself a lot on that comment:hippie: ).

I think it's great that you are commenting on the comparison's of WDW & DL. I've never been to DL, but if I go at least I will know what's the better version of a specific ride. I would love, love, love to see the DL version of Pirates of the Caribbean!

Glad to hear that that your doc made a housecall for you. I can just imagine the agony you must have been in. I remember the first and second night after my foot surgery (the second one), I cried all night long because the pain pills did nothing.

1-the boats, so true. Worst parent story of the trip. This dad on his cell phone, pushing a stroller is waving the boat down. The captain had already untied one rope, but he decided to be nice and wait. Took the guy forever to get settled, the captain started to unrope and the guy had the nerve to say that his wife was on the way. There wasn't anyone, anywhere on the dock, so she was clearly way way behind. It was a nearly full boat, how selfish was that family? I'm glad the captain said no, after all he had a schedule to keep.

2--as an adult, I love DL a little bit more than WDW. It's small and cozy, and you can get tanked up in Downtown Disney and be on It's a Small World in fifteen minutes....even better, the Jungle Cruise. Suddenly is funnier than normal.

3---I'm so sorry for you, it's truly painful. My doctor rocks.

Glad to see you're feeling better, and I'm loving your report! I have to agree about Snow White - that ride always gave me a recurring nightmare when I was little. I still have to talk myself into going on it today! :rotfl:

I also agree about Fantasyland in DL - it's MUCH better than WDW. As is Toontown. I've only been to DL once, and on the whole found WDW to be so much better, but there are just some things at Disneyland that cannot be touched - Fantasyland, Toontown. Thanks for the comparisons!

1--Thank you! So odd that as a child I could go on every rolleroaster multiple times, but hell to the no with Snow White

2--I didn't go to Toontown in WDW, I will next time, though.

More to come!

Day Three....part one

We most definetly slept in. The night before, we ordered the room service breakfast off the door hanger menu. It was pretty good, eggs, sausage, really really tasty potatos. I said no to their coffee, got the milk instead to go with MY coffee. mmmmm, coffee

We caught the bus and got to Hollywood Studios aroung 12:30 or so. We then proceeded to my only negative food experience of the entire trip. Now, I don't normally like ice cream, but I thought 'hey, I could go for a mickey head sandwich right now'. So we went to the ice cream place inside the dinosaur and discovered our sandwiches almost completely melted. We were on our way to one of the stunt shows, the ice cream line was long, we didn't go back to say 'hello, already melted'...instead, I just took it as a sign that I should stay away from ice cream.

We made the 1:20 car stunt show. Honestly, it's not really my thing, DH loves it though. The tricks themselves don't make me go oo, ah, oh...but how everything fits together in order to make a complete though. Don't get me wrong, I have the upmost respect for stunt people (one of my best friends is), I just don't enjoy it on an entertainment level.

I did, however, get a couple of great shots...

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0730.jpg

After the show, we went to that little bookstore for a snack (my one and only mickey head rice krispy treat) and wandered around the streets of america, which is always fun, just looking at all the details.

George even liked it...hey, is that San Francisco?!?!?!

DSCN0739.jpg

Next up was the backlot tour....an attraction I am not likely to ever forget , as I got doused with 1000 gallons of water. The guy is like, don't look left, whatever you do! Don't worry, dude, no problem there. However, I'm going to have an issue letting go of the grip bar in order to answear the phone. Who knew 1000 gallons of water would be that bracing? lol DH was on the other boat, apparently he got hit by a wave, I couldn't see it though.

It was a very interesting attraction. I love history in any way, shape, or form as well as I love seeing things like the costume shop. Just fasinating. They were filming something that day, so no Catastrophe Canyon *sad*, maybe next time.

We ate at the studio catering company, which was fine. I had the greek salad, which was fine. The sangria was tasty, though weak. DH really enjoyed his pulled pork sub.

Sitting at the Catering Company, I wanted to look around the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground, but I couldn't figure out where you got into it, oh well.

We skipped Star Tours (though the que and themeing is so much better there than at DL...darn it, didn't get George on a speeder), and got to Sounds Dangerous. I can see why kids wouldn't enjoy this attraction, however, I found it to be alot of fun. (Which reminds me, I forgot to mention the Jungle Sound booths at Planet Watch...loved it, want to nap there).

From there, we headed to (while wandering through shops) Beauty and the Beast. You know, this is the one show where I felt that the designers phoned it in. Nothing seemed to be that clever in how they told the story. Other shows (Nemo, Aladdin, Snow White, Little Mermaid) take the story and condense it, but use clever ways to make it a viable live stage show that can stand on its own without knowladge of the film. That was not the case with Beauty and the Beast, imo. That show looked engeneered, not imagineered. The dancers were fabulous, though.

....up next....Brown Derby and EMH

Really enjoying this so far. Thanks for posting! :)

Thank you! sounds strange, but this gives me a creative outlet while I'm laid up, so more will come!

Really enjoying this, thanks for all your effort!
We are going Sept. 08 for 14 nights.

THank you! Hope you have a great trip, I'm already starting to plan the next one...DH and both our parents in DL. :scared1: j/k, i'm not scared

Day Three, part deux

Onto the Brown Derby, where once again, group after group being turned away, as well as angry people who couldn't take their ECVs inside. Not sure what that was all about.

DH had the bisque (heavenily) I had the Market Greens salad (good and just what you would expect), I'm dissapointed in myself though, I didn't order the Cobb...next time? lol

For the main course, I had the salmon with recommended wine (the polenta and tapanade to die for) and DH the filet. The filet wasn't done enough, but did that ruin our mood? hell no. We politely asked the waiter (who immedietly said 'oh that's not done enough') and he took it back and brought it back out without an issue. It was tasty.

To me, that is the sign of great service. Mistakes happen, when both humans and a product with a short shelf life (like, say, food) are in the equation, mistakes will happen, it is to be expected. The sign of great service is how the problems are handled. For some people, a mistake is a sign of bad service, not to me, I judge by how it's handled.

anyhoo

Great Grapefruit Cake...wowzer, with le champaigne...the popping of a new bottle seemed to inspire others around us to take a bit o' the bubbly too. Glad to inspire! especially with booze!

So, dinner done and we spent the next 45 min. or so at the Walt Disney exhibit. If you haven't been, go. Unless you have no respect for history, then don't because you'll annoy the rest of your party (I'm looking at you, annoying pre-teens who were with their parents in the exhibit). It's really just fascinating....not one thing to focus on, just the whole thing is ...wow.

We ran out of time to do the animation academy, which I'm sad about, but I'm guessing that there's a similarity to the one at DL.

On to Little Mermaid, and I can't believe how much I liked it. The puppets were stunning, the way they made the inside of the actual theater appear underwater was magical, Ariel was spot on and fabulous. My only complaint, the Part of the World song was so rushed, and that's not Ariel's fault, I blame trying to make the show quick...but they didn't need to, it would be so much more magical if they slowed it down...and believe me, the kids will love it that way. Don't assume the kids need everything to be fast, they'll deal with it.

So, we avoided Playhouse Disney like the plague....

...and made our way to what is, imo, the most annoying ride ever in any Disney park.

DSCN0746.jpg

I would like it, if not for the live action parts. Just annoying, enough already.

I did enjoy the architecture of the buliding, though.

DSCN0747.jpg

and here come the lights

DSCN0745.jpg

DSCN0742.jpg

On we went to Tower of Terror, which, yes, is better in WDW. It's more three dimensional in the movement of the elevator.

Then on to Rock n Roller Coaster, I hate that we only go on this once every trip, but that line is just so long and we always fail to get fastpasses for it.

So, back to the hotel for a good nights sleep....because tomorrow, Epcot and drinking around the world!

Day Four...part one

We woke up easily after a great nights sleep. DH went down to Roaring Forks for breakfast and brought back one of the more disgusting meals we had on our trip. I think that I had the kids breakfast plus a fruit cup, he had pancakes and bacon. Yeah, we didn't go back for more the rest of the trip.

Dh got it into his head that he wanted to take the monorail to Epcot...sure, why not, we've got time.

Boat to Contemporary

DSCN0754.jpg

Monorail to transportation center
2nd Monorail to Epcot

DSCN0757.jpg

sort of like getting around any major city...right?

He decided that the bus would be just fine after that.

So, Drinking Around the World.

DSCN0756.jpg

Originally the plan was to hit the Canadian beer cart at 11am, but alas, they don't open until noon. So we skipped to France (we're eating at the UK later).

DSCN0758.jpg

George!

DSCN0760.jpg

We went to the patisserie and got the 'eh-ok' cheese plate, with the more than ok baguette, and delish strawberry tart. But, what's this, the booze cart doesn't open until noon? What is with this place? *sigh* after the snack, I watched the movie (thank goodness somewhere in the parks believes in beautiful classical music, it's worth it just for that) and DH walked around snapping photos as he would get ill with the 180 surround film.

Finally the booze cart is open, and I had champaigne to start the day!

On to Morocco!

DSCN0778.jpg

I love Morocan wine, DH loves mint tea...perfect. We wandered around, looking at the shops and museum pieces.

DSCN0776.jpg

these always amaze me

DSCN0771.jpg

how many people actually take the time to explore this area and learn about all there is to see and more

DSCN0780-1.jpg

DSCN0783.jpg

coming up next...Japan

Loving it! And I agree - the DL version of ToT isn't as great. It's like, you get on the elevator, get to the top, the doors open and you're dropped. Very little anticipation. But I guess that's because they had a limited amount of space to work with. I have to admit, though, that I hate ToT! I just hate that drop and the feeling you get. :scared1: That's probably why I liked the DL one less - they didn't give me a chance to 'prepare'! LOL LOL LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!