DINKS--some more

5 Days!!!

So, I was packing today. Part of packing had to do with pulling out the bin of summer clothing to see if anything fit. Good news/bad news. Everything fit about the same, but all the skirts are still too small. I'm determined that by the end of the summer (after PT and in classes again) I will fit into all my favorite skirts. I refuse to get rid of them yet!

I used to live in the south, but it's so hard to remember what 75 in the winter feels like. I know it's not as humid, but what is it really like? 75 in Seattle is a normal summer day, I'm trying to remember what it's like in the south. Oy. Well, I overpacked no matter what, prepared for anything! I have my floral dresses, and I have my wool jacket.

Wow! 5 more days to go and you'll be at Walt Disney World!!:cool1:

I was just checking your forcast and you appear to be having the same type of weather we had when we were there 12/1-12/8. The first few days are upper 70's-80. Now being from the north 80 felt really warm, like I was sweating and felt too warm, if that's possible. It felt really good to be in warm weather, but touring the parks made it somewhat uncomfortable. I think you will be fine with your summer dresses, however the nights will be different, cover those legs and wear a jacket for sure. If the forcast holds true, your supposed to get mid 60's mid-week through the end of the week. It's definitely hard to pack with such a fluctuation in temps.

Here is the website I used for weather forecasts out of Florida:
http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-15day.asp?partner=forecastfox&traveler=1&zipcode=32801&metric=0

Oh I know! last time we ended up buying sweatshirts at the parks. Never again! I'm pretty much a master of dressing in layers (a necessary thing in the pacific northwest), but for that trip I wasn't prepared. Not this time! Most days we will be going back to the hotel mid day for a nap, so perfect time to switch clothing. I keep thinking that I'm overpacking clothing wise, but I'd rather be prepared for the weather, especially when I'm not sure how I'll react to it since we live in such a different climate.

4 Days!

this time next week, we'l be sleeping at WL.
Sweet.

and I don't NEED to work on a touring plan, but I just FELT like it tonight. Hince, 1am.

:cool1: :banana: :yay: 2 more days to go!!:yay: :banana: :cool1:

and DH actually packed by himself without my asking.

Amazing.

How the heck did you get him to do that!!?? My DH would never pack his own things, when I try to get him to pack he ends up asking me what he should bring. So it's just easier to do it myself. Of course then he cannot complain about what I packed him to wear either, hee, hee, hee.:rotfl:

:cool1: :banana: :yay: 2 more days to go!!:yay: :banana: :cool1:

awwww....ya beat me to it. lol
...and why do we love the banana so? who was the first to go 'hey, i know, a dancing banana!'

A couple of weeks ago I told him that if he wasn't packed at least a couple of days before we left, then it wouldn't be my fault that he didn't have any clean clothing to take. If he wanted to make sure he had clean underwear, then he better be packed by today, because today is the last chance for me to do laundry.

So....
Almost done with all the packing
I put the magical express and luggage tags on last night
I organized my carry on bag
...and I can't seem to stop working on touring plans.

I suppose there are worse ways to spend the evening.

awwww....ya beat me to it. lol
...and why do we love the banana so? who was the first to go 'hey, i know, a dancing banana!'

A couple of weeks ago I told him that if he wasn't packed at least a couple of days before we left, then it wouldn't be my fault that he didn't have any clean clothing to take. If he wanted to make sure he had clean underwear, then he better be packed by today, because today is the last chance for me to do laundry.

So....
Almost done with all the packing
I put the magical express and luggage tags on last night
I organized my carry on bag
...and I can't seem to stop working on touring plans.

I suppose there are worse ways to spend the evening.

Not sure about the dancing banana thing, I'm just really attracted to them, could it be a subconscious thing since their considered phallic symbols, banana's that is?:confused3 I just know I enjoy putting them in post occassionally;) .

Smart idea with the laundry & packing. DH could definitely pack his own underwear & socks, but I don't trust him with matching clothes. I think he may be color blind, it's amazing the combinations he comes up with when dressing to go out. I think they should bring back "geranimals" (sp.?) for adults. You know, the matching tags they put on clothing for children years ago. You may be too young to remember those?

Anyway I want to say HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!! And I hope your stay at the Wilderness Lodge is awesome! Will you be continuing this post with a report when you get back? I hope so!

I hope your trip is loaded with pixiedust: And maybe you will get lucky and the Dream Team will give you something fun!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Happiness is.....

DSCN0536.jpg

so I finally took a pic of the luggage! but it's better than just the luggage, because the Magical Express tags are on them! woooohoooo!

I'll definetly be doing many, many posts with trip reports and pictures and pictures and pictures. It might be a couple of weeks before I do, surgery and all. Although, with the drugs, it might make for an interesting trip report....

and 1 day!

I'm just about out the door.
I teach tonight and then meeting DH at my parents house (one good thing about my parents moving up here, they can drive us to the airport for long trips). It's my dads bday, so we'll have a meal together before heading out for our 11pm flight

So, bags are packed
I'm ready to go

See ya!

We're back! I should be able to get in a few posts before I go under the knife of Thursday. No time now, though I'll leave you with the photo that best sums up the trip...

DSCN0619.jpg

I'm guessing you had a great time enjoying tasty cool beverages?;) Hope it was a great trip, good luck with your surgery! Looking forward to hearing about the trip!:hyper:

Friday, Feb. 15th...Departure Day

DH, myself, and George (the elephant, aka our own travelling gnome) departed Seattle on AlaskaAir's 11:15 fligh on Friday night. My wonderful parents dropped us off after we met up at their home for my dad's b-day dinner (nothing like mom's meatloaf). The one good thing about a red eye flight is that there's such a short wait for security...only 20 minutes! sweet!

George is ready to go!

DSCN0538.jpg

This was also the first scene of overpacking issues. Because of DHs hypogyclemia, I make sure that we have lots of protein snacks. Somehow he forgets that we have said snacks and instead goes and buys peanuts and the like from the gift store at the airport. I had a hard time not saying things that my mom might have said.

The second overpacking issue would be that on the plane we most definetly did NOT need the coat and scarf. It always seems that I get so cold on planes...not this time, no siree.

Third overpacking issue, I brought too many books. oops.

The flight wasn't that bad, just a bit of turbulance. Flying always hurts the ol' ankle (feels like it's blowing up from the inside out), I don't know if it's because of the air pressure, or if it's because of sitting down for five hours straight...either way, we couldn't land that plane soon enough for me.

Something to take note of for those with back issues: Salonpas-Hot Capsicum patch is an amazing thing. Stick it on the bad area, leave on for eight hours. It helps tremendously when flying or driving for long distances.

One dissapointment for the trip (so far, haha) was that the person in our row who was by the window kept the screen down the entire time. Selfish of me, I know, but the other great thing about a redeye flight is seeing a truly beautiful sunrise. Living in Seattle, we don't get to do that alot. *sigh* oh well.

Anyhoo, off the plane...GET COFFEE WHILE I CAN...and on to magical express! I kept reading about horribly long waits for magical express, and maybe it's because of arriving so early in the morning, but really? no wait at all. Maybe five minutes and there was one other couple in our line. We ended up going to several different hotels because there were so few people waiting in the entire area. We didn't mind, we were dead tired and couldn't get to our room for seven hours anyway.

...but how much do I love the video they play on the bus? Cheesy, yes, but it helps create your story of your adventure to the World...which is cheesy fabulous and if you love Disney, then you must like it. Wonderful touch.

So, 8:30am (or so), we're at Wilderness Lodge checking in, and wow. What a beautiful hotel. I must say, I like the Grand Californian better for myself, by Wilderness Lodge is a close second.

We checked the baggage, I changed my clothing in the ladies room...

DH
DSCN0544.jpg

hung out with his favorite Disney character
duck.jpg

and off we were to EPCOT for breakfast...coming soon.

Epcot!

DSCN0546.jpg

granted, not the best of my Spaceship Earth pics, but it gets the point across of where we are now.

We headed straight to The Land for some breakfast. DH had something egg based--he liked it. I had a yogurt and fruit bowl--can I actually form an opinion on that other than it was or wasn't spoiled? I mean, it's yogurt and a fruit bowl, it does the job. Btw, I'm determined to try and be sort of healthy this trip. Sort of.

I did stay away from the coffee.

We originally planned to not even do Soarin', but we gave in and got a fastpass as we watched the line grow and grow and grow and grow. We then went to the ever enjoyable Living with The Land boat ride. I've loved that ride since the first time I went on it in the 80s. I was a geeky kid, I loved Epcot from the beginning. However, I don't remember the pumpkins being grown into Mickeys before, is that a new thing?

DSCN0548.jpg

We then headed up to Circle of Life, another thing that I love...again, I'm a geek. DH fell asleep, though, the redeye was getting to him. Me, I was on a third wind. I will say, however, that this particular pavillion needs a facelift and paint job. It feels old and dated. I would think with the current emphasis (rightfully so) with being green, that this could be transformed into an exciting pavillion using green products and having that be a big part of the focus.

Afterwards we headed to Ellens Energy Adventure!

DSCN0556.jpg

(sorry, no George in this pavillion)

Speaking of green, do any other attractions use solar power?

Ok, you would think that this would be naptime, but I love this ride...and who doesn't love Ellen AND Bill Nye?!?!?!?! especially Bill Nye. If you ever get a chance, try to catch him on an old Almost Live! it's hysterical, blowing up things for a late night audience.

...and good news! no one tried to leave so we got through the whole ride! It was even almost full, amazing.

We headed back toward the land, were sad for a few moments that Imagination was closed *sigh*, love the ride AND the playground.

DSCN0561.jpg

Back at Soarin', we hopped into the fastpass line...a bit sad that we couldn't participate in whatever flying game was going on on the other side of the wall...loved the breakaway chains when people try to sit on them...laughed in annoyance at the family who couldn't deal with the fact that a party of two could go in front of their party of six, hello, they're just filling in the gaps, deal with it, it's one of the benefits of being a party of two instead of having four kids.

I love Soarin', I'm glad we did it again...not sure about waiting for two hours, but it is wonderful.

......up next, Canada and Le Cellier!...

Nice report. I love the pics. Can't wait to read about your experience in Canada. :) Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

Thank you! and here you go...

We traded shooting pics with a nice family ...so here's our family and travelling gnome

DSCN0577.jpg

O'Canada! what is up with that final song in that movie anyway *yawn*. I hadn't seen it sine early 90s, so I'm thinking it's different from then? I did enjoy it, I must say. DH tends to get nausous in 360 movies, so he stayed outside and snapped some pics in 'Butchart Gardens'...

DSCN0569.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg

after the movie I snapped some of my own. The following isn't that great a photo, but please note the first appearence of a light fixture centered picture....there will be more to come as this sort of subject became my obsession.

DSCN0574.jpg

So

Le Cellier

le yum

This was the first time (and not the last at all) that we heard people being turned away from table service places. Thank goodness for planning!

Le Cellier was just what I wanted and thought it would be.

For me:

Tomato Stack was delish. I love the flavors of caprese salads, but it's so interesting to have it in a different way.

King Salmon. I don't see this on the menu on the wdwinfo, but I know I had it for lunch. There was such a complex but rewarding layering of flavors. It was surprising, but comfy at the same time. Word of advice, when someone from Vancouver recommends the Salmon to people from Seattle, it must be good...and it was.

The bread I couldn't have as it was made w/ soy.

I didn't go with the recommended wine because it was a St. Michelle Cab...which on a bad day is twenty minutes from us. I love it, but on vacation I want to try something new instead of the beloved home brew. I went with another Cab that the waitress suggested, it was v. good, but you wouldn't know it from first sip. It was one of those that needs to be paired with food for it to be understood and enjoyed.

For him:

I don't remember, but it was beef of some sort and he loved it. Protein!

As far as going again, we would both. There are many more things on the menu that need to be sampled. However, I wouldn't go at the expense of trying other new places. I do want to go again, though.

At Le Cellier we also witnessed the first near customer meltdown in re. to the dining plan...it would not be the last. One of the main reasons that we do not go on the dining plan. Too complicated.

---so, lunch is over, our room at Wilderness Lodge is ready...off we go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!