• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining with some people NOT on the plan

tommylicious

Earning My Ears
How does the following work: we go to dinner at a disney signature restaurant. 2 people are on the dining plan but the other is not. Does server get all in a tiff or is this easily handled?

It isnt a problem. Just let the server know they will do seperate checks. You will give the server your kttw card and the other party will pay oop.

is that the same thing that happens if dining plan members order a bottle of wine? you get a separate check for that? thank you.

Yes, you get a separate check for the wine and any other item that is ordered off-plan.

so we did back of the envelope for 2 adults...we eat 3 squares a day pretty much...brekkie room service, lunch wherever, and signature probably 4 out of 7 dinners. seems like we would burn thru the deluxe plan with the room service and signatures, but the premium isn't worth it either since we will be with the little one and not use the golf/etc at all. the little one eats only fries, pasta, strawberries, apples, and of course candy so we wouldn't get a plan for her. am i missing something obvious? thank you.

so we did back of the envelope for 2 adults...we eat 3 squares a day pretty much...brekkie room service, lunch wherever, and signature probably 4 out of 7 dinners. seems like we would burn thru the deluxe plan with the room service and signatures, but the premium isn't worth it either since we will be with the little one and not use the golf/etc at all. the little one eats only fries, pasta, strawberries, apples, and of course candy so we wouldn't get a plan for her. am i missing something obvious? thank you.

How little is the little one? If you are doing a regular MYW package, everyone in the room ages 3 and up must be on the dining plan.

If you get the dining plan, all the people on your room reservation have to get the plan if they are 3 years old and older. You can't pick some of the people to get the plan and some not if they are all in the same hotel room.

Edit: I am too slow typing my response. LOL. I didn't mean to repeat.

If you are not going to use the non-dining tours, events and recreation, the premium or platinum plans are not going to be worthwhile for you.

If the child is age 3 or over, you don't have the option to leave her off the dining plan. Everyone in the room gets the dining plan or nobody gets it. The only exceptions are kids under 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter