Dining suggestions for first timers :)

WDWINJUNE!

Married My Prince Charming at Sunset Pointe
I'm trying to decide on some dining reservations for our August trip and am looking for some help. There will be myself DH, DD11, DD9, DS7 and new baby. DD9 and Ds7 have never been to WDW. So far I've only got reservations for breakfast in the castle. I'm looking for suggestions on places (maybe new places that we've never tried) that have good food and the kids will also enjoy. DH and I will also be celebrating our 1 yr. anniversary (4 months late due to new baby coming :love: ) and we're thinking about the Yachtsman (we had a delicious reception dinner there after our wedding last year :cloud9:

Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated!:thumbsup2
Laura

Hmmm... there are so many great places to eat at WDW! Here are some of my suggestions:

-Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary (my fav character meal, especially for breakfast)
-Garden Grill at the Land in Epcot
-Coral Reef: it gets mixed reviews on DIS but it has great atmosphere
-Ohana's at the Poly: I have never been there but it gets good reviews on here
-Crystal Palace at MK: another character meal at MK with Pooh and Friends, especially good for dinner

Hope these help! I am sure you will get lots of advice!

If the kids are sports fans, go over to the ESPN Club at Boardwalk. You can't do reservations there. They have special sports guests on certain nights.

Chef Mickey's for Breakfast
Beaches and cream -- for lunch
Ohana's for dinner (they also have a kid menu)
Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Whispering Canyon Cafe (a fun place :) )
Hollywood and Vine

We have been to all of these with the kids and they have enjoyed them :) Good Luck :)

Just a few off the top of my head, my brain is just about to go to sleep here :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well we really liked chef mickeys. and 1900 Cafe. well we are actually debating on which resturants and such to go to. we went last year. and we havn't figured everything out.. any suggestions? well we were thinking of chef mickeys agian or donalds restorantus. or whatever. and then there's crysal palace which would be nice. and we are for sure going to once apona dream with cinderella. we know that. it looks beautful and has good reviewsprincess:

Our three favorites from our Free Dining trip:

* Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary (we did breakfast)
* Crystal Palace in the MK (also breakfast)
* Boatwright's at Port Orleans Riverside (BEST meal of the week!)

I suggest Liberty Tree Tavern! It is a great character interaction meal, and the food is fantastic! My DH and I agree it was the top or one of the top meals we had all week! We prefer it over Chef Mickey's. Chef Mickey's would be a good choice as well.

Below I listed a few choices that haven't been mentioned my family and I enjoy - with the emphasis on younger diners enjoying the experience and food......

MGM - I would say try the Sci-Fi for lunch (only lunch in mho) - the food is ok and the milk shakes are great! great envirnment for the kids. 50's Prime Time Cafe - fun dining experience as well.

AK - Donald's Breakfastasourus - Busy, noisy but fun! Schedule an 8:00 AM seating on a NON-EMH morning - this way you will finish breakfast and be one of the first in line to ride Expedition Everest.

All the other mentioned choices are excellent as well!

Well thanks for the great ideas. i think i have alot in mind. and yea i heard the sci-fine in mgm the milkshakes were amazing. i guess we will have to by them! and i think we have alot in mind. of where we are planning. and i am so excited. thank you guys<3 :earsboy:

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions :goodvibes

I'm thinking definitely go to Chef Mickey's and probably the Crystal Palace. I may also have to try the Sci-Fi and their milkshakes!

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions :goodvibes

I'm thinking definitely go to Chef Mickey's and probably the Crystal Palace. I may also have to try the Sci-Fi and their milkshakes!

Your kids will love Sci-Fi! We didn't like Chef Mickey's, for us it was just an overpriced buffet with average food at best. Characters made it a little better, but not enough to go back, JMHO.
We also love CP for an early breakfast before the park opens.
Have a great time!

Boma - fantastic buffet, kids loved the little desserts
Chef mickey for breakfast or crystal palace - kids loved pooh bear.
Cape May - good buffet
Morrocco - very yummy and they have a belly dancer for the kids to dance with.
the take away iny Japan at Epcot( thro the little garden and over the bridge)- we love the shogun combi there and is good value.
Love the smoked salmon in norway.
:)

a must do but expensive and not really kid friendly food, Le Celliar in Canada

ITA with your suggestion but wanted to point out that they have a great kids menu at LeCellier. Its been my dd's favorite since they were 4 and 6!

Some of our other favorites are:

TS~
50's Prime time at MGM - we prefer lunch
Boma at the AKL for dinner buffet
The Plaza at MK for sandwiches usually lunch
Fresh at the Dolphin for breakfast/brunch, awesome!
Blue Zoo at the Dolpin for something special (sans kids)

CS~
Columbia Harbor House - MK
Tusker House - AK
Cantina De San Angel - Epcot, Mexico
Yakatori House - Epcot, Japan
Yorkshire Fis - Epcot, UK

Just in case you haven't stumbled upon it yet you can find all the menu's here:
http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#epc

TJ

I am also a first timer tripper this summer with my 7 year old daughter. After reading lots of posts and learning from all the DISers I finally choose the following with their great reviews and advice:
Ohana,
Cinerella's Royal Table (CRT),
50's Prime Time,
Chef Mickey,
Grand Floridian Cafe (the Cindy/Pr. Charming meal usually at 1900 Park Fare), Akershus,
Spoodles,
Le Cellier,
Hoop Dee Doo
and a small out of pocket (OOP) lunch at Sci Fi Theatre.

We wanted Coral Reef (mixed reviews always) but we will spend a day at Sea World and we hope to do the Shark Tank meal there. Good Luck with your choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter