Dining rotations and menus.. newbie cruiser very confused!

MrsPotatoHead

Mouseketeer
We'll be on the 7 night western cruise in April of 2003. We're first-time cruisers and have learned a lot from these boards. But I'm still very confused about the dining rotations. I understand the basic rotation LAPLAPL, or PALPALP, etc.. but what do you eat each night at each restaurant?

I checked out the menus on Dave's and Barb's sites. But on special nights, such as Tropical night, do you get the Tropical menu no matter which dining room you're in that night? If you're at Animator's Palate that night, do you have to choose only from the Tropical menu, or can you also choose from the Animator's Palate menu? And what is lobster night?

Appreciate any help!! :)

hi there,

On the "theme" nights (Tropical, Master Chef, etc.) every dining room has the same menu, and only that menu. You'll only see the "Animator's" or "Lumiere's" menu on one night - the night you're in that particular dining room when it is *not* a theme night. You'll be in each dining room once on non-theme nights (3) and then have 4 theme nights for the total of 7 menus.

Lobster night is usually the "Captian's Gala" formal night. Again, a theme night, the menu will be the same in every dining room and you can get the lobster then. :)

HTH,
Julie

Thanks for the quick reply! This makes a lot more sense now. Do we know yet which nights will be themed nights on the Western cruise? Or will we need to wait till the first group gets back in May to hear about it? I'd like to figure out which night to try for ressies at Palo's, and I'd like to try for a formal night since we'll already be more dressed up that night. (On non-formal nights I'll just be a sundress-and-sandals kind of girl... don't want to have to put on pantyhose any more than I have to on vacation!!!) So if I can coordinate Palo's with a formal night, I'll only have to dress fancier on 2 nights. :)

Any word yet on the themed nights for the Western cruise?

I don't believe there's any official word yet... we could do some guessing though. Just not sure how accurate it would be. :)

More than likely, your first night on board will be one of the old rotations. Not everyone has their luggage by dinner time and suggested dress is "casual." The first formal night on the Eastern has been Sunday night (Captian's Gala - sometimes also called Captain's Welcome Aboard) but on the E. route, that's a sea day. They may choose to have the sea days on the W. be the formal ones.

As for Tropical night, that's usually the night you're in your first tropical port - St. Maarten. On the W., they could do this on either Cozumel or Grand Caymen night, but might do it Key West night.

So, long story short, there's really no way to tell. :) My GUESS... and this is only a guess (so please, no one plan by this) -

First night - regular rotation
Second night - regular rotaion
Third night - formal (Captain's Gala) - at sea
Fourth night - Tropical night
Fifth night- regular rotation
Sixth night - formal (Master Chef) - at sea
Seventh night- It's a Small World

Just really have to wait and see what they say closer to the date, I suppose :)

Julie

So pleased everything is running again!

It might be posted, but I can't find it. For the current E. Caribbean, what is the rotation with the special dinners. I have figured out that the Captain's Gala is Sunday(?), Tropical is St. Maarten night. When is Master Chefs? And what is the catch about whether or not Animator's Palate changes colors?!

Trying to decide on which night to make Palo ressies!!

Leave in 9 days!!

Thanks,
Susan Bryan and Grace:bounce:

We have done 4 day and 7 day E. Caribbean. Both cruises we did Palo's on Friday night the last night of the cruise. It kind of made things special the last night on the cruise without the teenagers. They didn't care, they went to dinner without us and had a blast with other teens that the servers let them sit in our places. The teens think this is really cool to have a fancy dinner without Mom and Dad. Just a suggestion, my vote is Friday night. Also, you will do Animators Palate your first time in that dining room unless it is a formal night, then it will be your 2nd night in Animators Palate. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by mom2grace

For the current E. Caribbean, what is the rotation with the special dinners. I have figured out that the Captain's Gala is Sunday(?), Tropical is St. Maarten night. When is Master Chefs?
Sunday: Master Chef Series (same night as Captain's Welcome Aboard Reception).
Tuesday: Tropical Night
Thursday: Captain's Gala
Friday: It's a Small World

What is the catch about whether or not Animator's Palate changes colors?

If you have APLAPLA rotation, your "show" is on Saturday.
If you have PLAPLAP rotation, your "show" is on Monday.
If you have LAPLAPL rotation, your "show" is on Wednesday.

You'll be in Animator's Palate either 1 or 2 times in addition to your "show" night, but you won't get the "show" on those other visits.

Thank you! Thank you!

Now I feel confident we will have the "complete" dining experience!!

Susan Bryan and Grace

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter