Dining Rotation Question

tink2007

DIS Veteran
We've bee on two Disney cruises but for some reason I can't remember if I can find out our rotation before we board.

Well, technically yes. It will be on your KTTW card. :P

But prior to getting that at the port, no.

Well, technically yes. It will be on your KTTW card. :P

But prior to getting that at the port, no.
Can you request a particular order? I like to start in a certain restaurant to plan my Palo reservation...

Can you request a particular order? I like to start in a certain restaurant to plan my Palo reservation...

You, or your TA if you used one, can make a request for a specific rotation such as starting in a particular restaurant. It is only a request but DCL is usually pretty good at honoring them. Go to the dining change location on embarkation day if you don't get the requested rotation and they may be able to make it happen.

And then your request for the starting MDR is only good for that first night. How DCL does the rotation can change from cruise to cruise (but I assume for the normal Dream and Fantasy itineraries as well as Alaska are pretty consistent ) our last cruise was a 5 nighter and we had 2 nights in the first MDR, 1 night in the second and 2 nights in the third.

I have phoned up before to request a particular MDR for formal night and they have always been very helpful and given me the whole weeks rotation. My favourite is CLACLAC :rotfl2:

And then your request for the starting MDR is only good for that first night. How DCL does the rotation can change from cruise to cruise (but I assume for the normal Dream and Fantasy itineraries as well as Alaska are pretty consistent ) our last cruise was a 5 nighter and we had 2 nights in the first MDR, 1 night in the second and 2 nights in the third.
For cruises of the same itinerary the rotation stays the same.

For example, on a Fantasy eastern Caribbean itinerary the rotation is 1231231. And the order of the rooms is Enchanted Garden, followed by Royal Court, followed by Animator's Palate, followed by Enchanted Garten, etc.

1/3 of the passenger complement is started in each room (roughly half of that on early, half on late seating).

Rotations are
ERAERAE
RAERAER
AERAERA

While the rotation on a Fantasy Western (most of them) is 1231223
ERAERRA
RAERAAE
AERAEER

On the Dream the 4 night rotation is typically 1223. (ERRA; RAAE; AEER), but on occasion is 1233 (ERAA; RAEE; AERR).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter