Dining reservations with a toddler

We used to do a ton of character meals like that and loved it. Until our third child was born - she is afraid of characters and spent all the character meals hiding under the table clinging to my leg for dear life. So I say it looks great but caution that you just don’t know with kids. If the first one doesn’t go well you may have to replace those with QS meals.
So far I doubt fear of characters will be an issue. She has shown no fear of Santa, the Easter Bunny or any of the sports mascots she has met. She is very out going.

That seems an aggressive number of long meals with a child that age. But, you know what your child can and cannot tolerate.
Definitely a concern. The ability to cancel is a relief.
That many meals is going to be hard on her grandma even more than her though.

Definitely a concern. The ability to cancel is a relief.
That many meals is going to be hard on her grandma even more than her though.

Eh we do two sitdowns a day with my crew typically...make sure there is something to keep the kiddo occupied if she gets restless. We bring a coloring book and some crayons. That occupies my 2.5 and 6.5 year old.

Does anyone no if we are going with our three year old twins is it ok for them to share a meal at sit down restaurants and just order one meal

i think sometimes one each could be to much

I get you can’t if it’s a buffet but if it’s not

I'd skip Ohana, recent reviews have just been brutal, and it's quite expensive.

I'd also skip Garden Grill, which was the worst meal I've had at Disney.

Hollywood and Vine lunch is my personal favorite for this age, because you get seasonal minnie and mickey, and the buffet is shockingly good. But, if your little one is into the Disney Junior, breakfast might be better. I'd make sure you know what characters that is. If you don't care much about Vampirina, maybe not worth the cost for that one.

Otherwise, love these choices. I think Tusker House and BOG are good breaks in the parks and good experiences.

Does anyone no if we are going with our three year old twins is it ok for them to share a meal at sit down restaurants and just order one meal

i think sometimes one each could be to much

I get you can’t if it’s a buffet but if it’s not

You're welcome to order as much or as little as you'd like at restaurants that are not charged "per person" (places like 'Ohana, character meals, CA Grill, Be Our Guest, buffets, etc). I often split with my husband when we aren't that hungry - your twins would be fine to split.

Check the cancellation policy for Hoop Dee Doo. Since it’s prepaid, I think you have to cancel farther in advance to get your money back. Can’t remember whether 48 hours or longer. ‘Ohana should be the same as other restaurants i.e. 2 hours before, but check the confirmation to be sure.
As I think somebody noted, characters aren't back til later this month but I had just looked into Cinderella's Royal Table for next week and it's prepaid too.

Last year, my kids liked the dancing at OHana where they could prance around the restaurant, and all the adults really enjoyed the food. None of us liked Tusker house even though we are all adventurous eaters. The food and service just weren’t good. We did like Hollywood and Vine and Chef Mickeys was okay. We hope to do CRT this trip!

Unless it's changed, 'Ohana is not a character meal at night. I wasn't clear if the OP was thinking it was or not.

As long as it's not a buffet, prix fixe, or AYCTE place.

Last edited:
Can our three year old twins share a meal at space 220 or is that per a person set meal
Depends on whether your ADR is for the Restaurant or the Lounge.

In the Restaurant, everyone age 3+ pays for a prix-fixe meal. Your kids could not share.

In the Lounge, each person can choose what to order, whether the prix-fixe full meal or something from the Lounge menu, so your kids could share there.

As you might suspect, the Lounge ADR is much more difficult to get, because of the flexibility.

We had an AMAZING character breakfast at Cape Mays! The character interaction was the best we've had and it wasnt too busy that I had to worry about screaming toddler haha

I wouldn't hesitate to do that many - 4 is a great age for character meals IMO. I much prefer Topolino's over all the other character meals but think if you're staying at BLT, you should do Chef Mickey's at least once.

Worst case scenario - it doesn't go well, and you cancel them day of.

Topolino's was the BEST character dining that we had on our trip

Depends on whether your ADR is for the Restaurant or the Lounge.

In the Restaurant, everyone age 3+ pays for a prix-fixe meal. Your kids could not share.

In the Lounge, each person can choose what to order, whether the prix-fixe full meal or something from the Lounge menu, so your kids could share there.

As you might suspect, the Lounge ADR is much more difficult to get, because of the flexibility.
Is there enough food for a meal in the lounge? The menu seems kind of sparse and I don’t see anything listed for kids?

I'd skip Ohana, recent reviews have just been brutal, and it's quite expensive.

I'd also skip Garden Grill, which was the worst meal I've had at Disney.

Hollywood and Vine lunch is my personal favorite for this age, because you get seasonal minnie and mickey, and the buffet is shockingly good. But, if your little one is into the Disney Junior, breakfast might be better. I'd make sure you know what characters that is. If you don't care much about Vampirina, maybe not worth the cost for that one.

Otherwise, love these choices. I think Tusker House and BOG are good breaks in the parks and good experiences.
Thanks.

Hollywood and Vine breakfast has one goal and that is hopefully she gets to see Doc McStuffin

I only picked Garden Grill because I read Akershus was closed. I believe it is open so that is an easy switch.

Unless it's changed, 'Ohana is not a character meal at night. I wasn't clear if the OP was thinking it was or not.

As long as it's not a buffet, prix fixe, or AYCTE place.
We had planned for breakfast there on our free day

We could try a character breakfast at any resort in its place though.

Is there enough food for a meal in the lounge? The menu seems kind of sparse and I don’t see anything listed for kids?
Sorry, I can’t help there. It was just DH and I, and we both decided to order the prix fixe lunch (and enjoyed it) rather than ordering from the Lounge menu which is basically appetizers. I have read reports from guests who ate in the Lounge with kids but can’t find any at the moment and can’t remember if there was a kids’ menu that isn’t shown on the website. You might want to start a new thread with subject line “Space 220 Lounge with Kids” and ask that question.

We had planned for breakfast there on our free day

We could try a character breakfast at any resort in its place though.

Gotcha. I wasn't positive and just didn't want you to be disappointed if you were planning dinner and wanting characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter