Dining questions

Kkb0517

Mouseketeer
we are going on a February cruise on the fantasty and I'm trying to decide which night to book palo. I have some questions

At animators palace, the nights that it isn't the rotational dining menu do they still do the show stuff on the screens?

Are the enchanted garden lightening effects really cool? The rotational dining menu here is the one im least excited about.

The night we are in Cozumel the sun is suppose to set at 6:30pm, do you think we'd be able to see it from palo if we booked there at 6?

Thanks!

we are going on a February cruise on the fantasty and I'm trying to decide which night to book palo. I have some questions

At animators palace, the nights that it isn't the rotational dining menu do they still do the show stuff on the screens?

Are the enchanted garden lightening effects really cool? The rotational dining menu here is the one im least excited about.

The night we are in Cozumel the sun is suppose to set at 6:30pm, do you think we'd be able to see it from palo if we booked there at 6?

Thanks!
First night in Animator's is the Crush show. Second night in Animator's is the Animation show. If you're in AP for 3 times the second night is Pirate night, and the third night is Animation show.

I don't find the lighting effect all that awesome. In fact, if I didn't know about them, and purposely look up from time to time, I didn't even notice them.

Depends what side of the ship is facing west. Palo is on the starboard/aft side. Remy is on the port/aft side.

The only light show I noticed in EG was the flower lights opening and closing. If there was more to it, I didn't notice.

The only light show I noticed in EG was the flower lights opening and closing. If there was more to it, I didn't notice.
The flowers open and close, and the lighting itself changes from "dawn" to "dusk". But, yeah, it's not very noticeable.

From the DCL website:
During the course of your dinner, the restaurant's sweeping ceiling changes from a brilliant blue daytime color into the golden red of a setting sun, transforming finally into a captivating nighttime constellation of twinkling stars. Additionally, flower light fixtures "bloom" and become bathed in color, decorative wall sconces fall away to become folding fans, wall paintings project a dusky illumination and the centerpiece fountain is flooded with shimmering light.

"Brilliant" blue? Don't recall that.

"Golden red sunset"?

"nightime constellation of twinkling stars"?

Sorry, it's all a muted lighting configuration that I can see. I don't think the wall sconces fall away into fans either.

I also don't recall the "fountain flooded with shimmering light".

Last edited:
Gee, I don't remember any of that either, sounds nice though, wish I had seen it. Guess I'll have to book another trip on the Fantasy and try to notice it.

They do play movie clips on the screens during the animation magic night. And if you're there on pirate night, they have pirate stuff on them.

The lighting changes in Enchanted Garden are subtle. You have to be paying attention. Nothing the is a "not miss" type thing.

I barely remember EG at all. Each time, I try to remember to check the changes and each time I totally forget so it's obviously very subtle. Too subtle to pay attention to if you're eating and/or engaged with your tablemates. The whole restaurant is obviously too subtle for me if I barely remember eating there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter