Dining Plan

No one knows for sure. Jan 1, 2022 sounds reasonable just because it makes certain things more convenient, but with lower capacity at restaurants still not resolved, who knows?

I noticed confectionery opened and nothing in the cases had the purple snack option so now curious what is going on. There has always been something that you could use a snack credit.

I noticed confectionery opened and nothing in the cases had the purple snack option so now curious what is going on. There has always been something that you could use a snack credit.
I think the popcorn did? Maybe the Mars stuff won't, & the plain rice krispy treats will? I'll have to keep an eye out.

Smart on Disney’s part. If they had a snack credit on the newly opened store can you imagine the grief the cm would get on an hourly, not even daily, basis? Easy enough to modify once the ddp comes back.

Smart on Disney’s part. If they had a snack credit on the newly opened store can you imagine the grief the cm would get on an hourly, not even daily, basis? Easy enough to modify once the ddp comes back.

The only thing we can reasonably safely assume from the lack of the DDP snack logos is that return of the dining plan in any form is not imminent. Then again, there really aren't THAT many total locations that accept DDP for snacks (using a Disney sized scale of things) that they couldn't update all the menu boards overnight when they're ready to roll.

The only thing we can reasonably safely assume from the lack of the DDP snack logos is that return of the dining plan in any form is not imminent. Then again, there really aren't THAT many total locations that accept DDP for snacks (using a Disney sized scale of things) that they couldn't update all the menu boards overnight when they're ready to roll.
Lots of those snack credit logos on other new menus though. I reckon towards the end of the year it will return.

I make our ADRs next week and wonder if I should reserve restaurants as if dining plan will be back. I hate to not book more pricey places then the plan comes back and restaurants get booked. We do choose more expensive places when on the plan than we normally would, and it’s a savings for us. How is everyone else handling reservations?

Personally I don’t think DDP will return until the staff shortage subsides and they can have all the restaurants up and running at full capacity. Right now there is a real lack of availability in ADRs. I don’t think they want to offer a dining plan and thus encourage more people to make reservations, that they can’t accommodate.

I make our ADRs next week and wonder if I should reserve restaurants as if dining plan will be back. I hate to not book more pricey places then the plan comes back and restaurants get booked. We do choose more expensive places when on the plan than we normally would, and it’s a savings for us. How is everyone else handling reservations?
I'll be honest and say this is what we did for our August trip. I booked as if the DDP could come back. We ended up cancelling our trip the month before and also cancelled our ADRs but like you@Dakota731, I didn't want the DDP to come back and then not be able to find the reservations we wanted.

I'll be doing the same for our January trip. Hoping we can go and hoping the DDP is back. If not I'll cancel as needed with plenty of time for others to pick up those reservations.

I have a feeling it may come back when things are slower like in January. There is a lot going on now, and Christmas is always so busy anyway. We may miss it this trip and there are certain restaurants I’ll go to even without it. But I hate spending mega bucks on character meals without a dining plan!

I'd book what you're willing to pay for...if it comes back next year, the plan make come back in "discounted gift card" form vs "credits" anyway...

Personally I don’t think DDP will return until the staff shortage subsides and they can have all the restaurants up and running at full capacity. Right now there is a real lack of availability in ADRs. I don’t think they want to offer a dining plan and thus encourage more people to make reservations, that they can’t accommodate.
Not only staff shortages but also supply shortages - food, to-go containers, paper products, freezers, plastic ware. You name it; it’s hard to get right now.

Watching some of the videos for F&W I see the snack logo next to the food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter