• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining plan with 2 rooms same family????

edk35

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the Poly in July for 2 nights before we move over to BCV. We have two rooms, 2 separate ressie numbers so can we add the quick service plan to one room that has 2 people in it and NOT have it for the other room that 2 adults are in?? Our kids are 18, 15 and 10. We have them in one room adjoining to us. We were thinking of doing the quick service plan but maybe just for them. Can we just have the one room with the plan? My name is on both ressies but I am in the other room with my husband? Makes sense????

Then if we wanted to say do quick service for them and the regular plan with table service for us..... could we do that too for our room???

Thanks

Yes, but only if you have separate reservations with separate reservation numbers (which you've said you have - that would be because one of your children is an adult and CRO would separate the reservations.)
If you asked for adjoining rooms, and what you really want is two rooms with a door between them, call back and make sure you ask for connecting rooms. Keep in mind that WDW will not guarantee connecting rooms for parties with multiple adults.

Yes, but only if you have separate reservations with separate reservation numbers (which you've said you have - that would be because one of your children is an adult and CRO would separate the reservations.)
If you asked for adjoining rooms, and what you really want is two rooms with a door between them, call back and make sure you ask for connecting rooms. Keep in mind that WDW will not guarantee connecting rooms for parties with multiple adults.

I am pretty sure they are both in my name. See what we did was this. We had one room with all 5 of us and I decided today that we are just too spoiled with having two bedrooms when we are staying DVC so I called back and added another room. She did them separate since the other one was booked quite some time ago. We are always on the fence about ever trying the dining plan because of my PICKY 15 year old and my 10 year old son who is now considered an adult and would not even order off the adult menu at TS places. SOOOOOOO...my thinking was to book their room with the quick service plan and our room with the regular dining plan. Then when we go to our two sit down places we could use our 4 TS credits right?? IS there a problem with having two sets of a dining plan when it comes to a counter service place. Can i have them scan both cards or would I need my daughter to be in line with me when we are ordering????

IF we go to WCC for dinner and I use 2 of the TS credits then I could use the other 2 say the next night at another TS dinner and then just pay for the rest of the food the kids order right????

You can only use a max. of 2 TS credits per meal. 4TS credits if it's a signature or 2 TS credit meal.

You would still have to pay money out of pocket if you are going to eat together.

You can only use a max. of 2 TS credits per meal. 4TS credits if it's a signature or 2 TS credit meal.

You would still have to pay money out of pocket if you are going to eat together.

So for if we ate at a TS place on of the two nights (we would have a total of 4 TS meals and 4 CS meals on this plan for me and hubby) and we have 4 credits to use and we all sat together making us a party of 5......we could use the 4 TS credits at one meal paying for one of them out of pocket? Can you choose which meals the TS credits go for if you are dining at a non buffet place. In other words....will they use the TS credits on the meals that are the cheapest or most expensive? IF my younger son got a 10 buck meal and the rest of us got a 25 buck meal....would they make us pay for the 10 buck meal or one of the 25 buck meals??? Thanks again

No they will not allow that.

Your KTTW card will have two adults listed on the card. They will only allow two meals to be paid for with the dining plan.

No they will not allow that.

Your KTTW card will have two adults listed on the card. They will only allow two meals to be paid for with the dining plan.

Okay then thanks for clearing that up for me. So if the kids are listed on the quick service plan for their room and we are on the regular plan....we can only use our TS credits for 2 people per day. We will pay OOP for the other three meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter