Dining Plan Changes

Should the Dining Plan be changed to a dollar value?

• Keep it the same. I like the dining options. Even with some new rules the plan works for me.

• Give it a dollar value, around $50 /night. I want the flexibility.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I say leave it basically the same as is but they do need to look into the large percentage tip that is given a cast member at the buffet restaurants. It just seems a lot for someone bringing a glass of pop/soda. Also after my last recent visit from 6/24 to 7/3 not all cashiers were up to speed on what was included in the dining plan. Had this problem also when Disney had their previous dining plan.

I understand why sharing a meal could be a concern to Disney, but not sure why "treating" other guests who are not on the plan with the appropritate credits (child for child and adult for adult) is a problem.

That just means we'll be paying cash for other meals at some point.
Also, my daughter is 10 - and we will, of course, be purchasing an adult meal plan for her. There will be times when she will want to have a children's meal I'm sure. We had planned to ask if it was ok (because she is too old technically) and we would pay for that out of pocket and use credit another time. Thoughts on that as well?

I don't know if Disney cares. I think a lot of the current issues is really a way to handle the adult vs child credit issue.

If you're not allowed to treat other guests then those guests will pay cash for their meal. You might wind up having credits unused or you might wind up using them in less expensive restaurants. Le Cellier would probably prefer that your guests pay for their meal and you use your credits at a different restaurant.

The question is if Disney is giving you credits to use as you want or is really just giving some meals for your family to use. Guests on cruises and in all inclusive resorts aren't allowed to skip meals and compensate by treating guests to other meals.

Linda 441 said:
I understand why sharing a meal could be a concern to Disney, but not sure why "treating" other guests who are not on the plan with the appropritate credits (child for child and adult for adult) is a problem.

Also, my daughter is 10 - and we will, of course, be purchasing an adult meal plan for her. There will be times when she will want to have a children's meal I'm sure. We had planned to ask if it was ok (because she is too old technically) and we would pay for that out of pocket and use credit another time. Thoughts on that as well?

I voted keep it the same, I would like to see them add choices for children (even though it doesn't apply to me anymore) that would make it easier for parents wehn they want to stop for pizza, burgers, etc. Right now the plan is simple and fairly priced--I hope one of the changes would be the inability to mess with children's credits. It is also a plan that works well for many, but sometimes, if that isn't the way you eat you just have to opt out.

Linda 441 said:

there are a few reasons this would be a concern to disney. For starters, the people using the plan are supposed to have also purchased tickets and stay at a disney hotel. There's money coming in right there. If you're treating a friend to your package meal, they might not have bought the package and stayed at the disney hotel, so disney is losing out on money with that.

On top of that, it's possible (and likely) that you won't buy as much food as you will with the plan, you might end up buying a counter meal instead and that means less money.

tricia.

I voted to keep it the same. I do hope that they continue to allow sharing, as DH and I would probably share a lot of three-course TS meals. I can understand, though, why they wouldn't. Sharing takes up more room for less money and it seems that the TS restaurants are booked to the gills these days. Not allowing sharing would cut back on the number of meals a family can squeeze out of the DDP.

If they do disallow sharing, no biggie. We have DDE and will just go that route as we always have.

I do hope that they unpool or otherwise stop this buying-adult-meals-with-credits-purchased-for-only-$10.99-a-day nonsense.

I voted to keep it the same after all with the proposed changes one would come out better just buying a DDE card if the family likes to eat at such places as LaCellier where the meal can run around 150.00 for 2.

battricia said:
there are a few reasons this would be a concern to disney. For starters, the people using the plan are supposed to have also purchased tickets and stay at a disney hotel. There's money coming in right there. If you're treating a friend to your package meal, they might not have bought the package and stayed at the disney hotel, so disney is losing out on money with that.

On top of that, it's possible (and likely) that you won't buy as much food as you will with the plan, you might end up buying a counter meal instead and that means less money.

tricia.
I guess I can see that. In our case, they are staying and purchasing tickets, we just thought we would share and give us more flexibilty on our meals. We would budget the same total for out of pocket meals betweenthe 6 of us - actually I think with all 6 of us ont he plan eating taking full advantage of the meals, would be a better value for us all and that we would actually spend more money by sharing. Perhaps we are the exception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter