• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Plan? 2 Resorts at Once?

k_k_100

Mouseketeer
I posted this on the DVC Community Board but thought I might get some more responses here... :)

I’m looking @ this “Free” dining plan.

We have 2 studios @ BWV (using rented points) for 4 adults & 1 child(3). Since we are staying on DVC Points we can not purchase the dining package at all.

A room @ a value resort is $79/nt. & DH needs to purchase 2 days worth of tickets (has 3 days left from last year)

If we rented a room at a value for the 4 nights we’d be @ Disney – Registered the 4 adults in the room. Never used the room but took our keys and used the Dining Plan – The “package” wouldn’t be a problem since we have to purchase 2 park days anyways?

1) Does Disney care if you pay for a room but never use it?
2) Would the computer go nuts if the same guest was registered in 2 different resorts @ the same time?
3) Is there something I’m missing? $79/day sounds like a good deal for the dining plan for 4 adults.

By the way… for us this is just hypothetical – we aren’t going till Dec. – but are hoping they might continue the free dining offer. It sounds like a great deal for DVC members going during the current promotion!

well, the first problem i see with it is that for each adult over 2, you would have to pay an add'l fee (of $25 per person per night) so that would increase your nightly rate by $50!

the second problem is that the computer may in fact freak, although maybe not if you book one ressie in your name and the other in your dh's...

thirdly, you would have to go over to the value resort to check in and check out... i know for me, if i were only spending four days at wdw, the time alone would "cost" more than the actual monetary savings, kwim?

what you could do is book two adults and one child (3yo) in the value room for the four nights, getting the free dining and using the child's credits for adult meals... for $79/night x 4 nights ($316 + taxes) you would get 12 TS credits, 12 CS credits and 12 snacks... then you'd have to ask yourself if those meals are worth approx $400 + time? also, you would have to purchase tickets for *each* person registered in the room... which will increase the price... those one day tickets are mighty costly (four one days are significantly more than one four day) which you would have to add to the equation...

imo it would be worth it for a longer stay, but for four nights, probably not...

does disney "care?" don't have a clue... is it ethical? that's up to you!

gigi1313 said:
well, the first problem i see with it is that for each adult over 2, you would have to pay an add'l fee (of $25 per person per night) so that would increase your nightly rate by $50!

ahhhhh... THAT's what I forgot! Extra fee per adult. I also wasn't sure on the "rules" for the package. I also need tickets for the entire stay (5 days) but was hoping to purchase a non-expiring 10-day pass so I could use the remaining next year. This is all so confusing :crazy: I'm not going to worry about it until they extend the plan (that is IF they extend the plan)

Thanks!

if you want non-expiry ten day tix, you can also get those w/the package, just upgrade your tix once you arrive...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter