Dining Itinerary Geared Around 5 Year Old Princess

disnmooner2013

DIS Veteran
We will be bringing back our daughter for her 2nd trip in August 2020 for her pre-school graduation/5 /5th birthday celebration. So, most of our dining is geared around her. We will be staying at Pop for 5 nights. Do any Italian restaurants offer Raviolis for kids? What are somethings to do after Perfectly Princess Tea Party and 1900 Park Fare since both are at GF? Please give your thoughts and suggestions on our dining itinerary.

DAY 1 (Arrival Afternoon Swim at resort)
Dinner: Paddlefish (our daughter still talks about eating lobster on the boat)

DAY 2 (Daughter Princess Focus Day)
Breakfast: Light b-fast at Everything Pop
BBB princess makeover for Daughter at GF
Then Pefectly Princess Tea Party at GF
Dinner: 1900 Park Fare (Early Dinner)

Day 3 (MK Day)
Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table
Lunch: Casey's Corner (probably)
Dinner: Be Our Guest

Day 4 (Epcot Day)
Breakfast: Akershus
Lunch: Sunshine Season (probably for wife and daughter) Tangerine Cafe (for me)
Dinner: Via Napoli (My daughter loves raviolis and cheese pizza - Via Napoli has both)

Dinner 5 (Hollywood Studios Day)
Breakfast: Tratoria Al Forno
Lunch: Docking Bay 7 (Probably)
Dinner: Yachtsman Steakhouse

Dinner 6 (AK - Departure Day)
Breakfast: Everything Pop
Lunch: Rainforest Cafe (Probably)

Last edited:
Lots of great choices that you will enjoy, too! With that said, when my kids were 5, they would stand for 1 sit down meal a day. 3 is pushing the limits of most 5 year olds. I would consider on day 2 whether you really want to be at the GF twice in one day if you are not staying there. I would just get a quick bite to eat paired with the tea party at Gasparillas or at Grand Floridian Cafe, then do Disney Springs for your dinner. Day 3 looks good if you keep lunch to snacks or a quick serve. Day 4 I would drop one meal. (Lunch or dinner, eat lightly anywhere in Epcot). Figuring each table service experience is 1-1.5 hours minimum is what gives me pause here. But you know if your kid likes this kind of schedule.

I think if you are doing the tea, you won't need to do lunch on Day 2 - that would be lunch. You might consider Tusker House for lunch on you Animal Kingdom day. You don't have any Fab 5 characters in the other meals you chose

If you're going all in with the princess experience, have you considered the Snow White meal (Storybook Dining) at WL? There's also the Bon Voyage breakfast with Rapunzel, Flynn, Ariel and Eric at Trattoria al Forno. Not sure where you'd squeeze them in, but might as well consider all the alternatives!

I think if you are doing the tea, you won't need to do lunch on Day 2 - that would be lunch. You might consider Tusker House for lunch on you Animal Kingdom day. You don't have any Fab 5 characters in the other meals you chose
Definitely won't need lunch.

I agree that you have a lot of table service meals here. We have done Akershus breakfast/Yachtsman dinner many times and that has always been enough food for all of us (kids included) with perhaps a snack in between.

As others have said, 3 sit down meals a day seems like overkill with a 5 year old. I would definitely cut out the lunch on day 2 and day 4. I would also plan on QS or just a snack on days 3 and 5 for lunch and dinner.

That’s a lot of food! Plus you need to factor in eating time. Most TS will be around 90 minutes, so you are losing
4 1/2-5 hours each day.
Would definitely keep lunch simple and light with snacks or QS.

Since your daughter likes Italian maybe you could do Tony’s for lunch on Day 3 your MK day. On Day 5 at DHS I would recommend 50’s PTC for dinner.

We will be bringing back our daughter for her 2nd trip in August 2020 for her pre-school graduation/5 /5th birthday celebration. So, most of our dining is geared around her. We will be staying at Pop for 5 nights. Please give your thoughts and suggestions on our dining itinerary.

DAY 1 (Arrival Afternoon Swim at resort)
Dinner: Not Sure (Probably Just Eat at Everything Pop)

DAY 2 (Daughter Princess Focus Day)
Breakfast: Light b-fast at Everything Pop
BBB princess makeover for Daughter at GF
Then Pefectly Princess Tea Party at GF
Lunch: Either Teralina Crafted Italian (our daughter loves Italian especially Ravioli) or Paddlefish (our daughter still talks about eating lobster on the boat from our last trip)
Dinner: 1900 Park Fare

Day 3 (MK Day)
Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table
Lunch: Not Sure
Dinner: Be Our Guest

Day 4 (Epcot Day)
Breakfast: Akershus
Lunch: Coral Reef
Dinner: Yachtsman Steakhouse

Dinner 5 (Hollywood Studios Day)
Lunch: Hollywood & Vine
Dinner: Not Sure (can eat in or out of Park - not sure how late will be at HS)

Dinner 6 (AK - Departure Day)
Lunch: Not Sure (Probably Rainforest Cafe)

You've got a lot of food on day 2 and day 4. Would you consider doing your Italian dinner on arrival night? I just can't imagine eating breakfast, tea, a full lunch and a buffet dinner that day. On day 4, I would consider dropping Coral Reef if you are set on Akershus and Yachtsman. Again, that's a ton of food and a ton of time devoted to sitting and eating. Especially places like CRT, Akershus, Yachtsman - you are looking at 90 - 120 minute meals. On Day 5, I would consider doing Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage breakfast and then moving H&V to an early dinner so your daughter can meet Ariel and Rapunzel. Or do Bon Voyage on your departure day. On day 1, you may also want to consider switching 1900 to Storybook dining so your daughter can meet Snow White, since you will have breakfast with Cinderella at CRT.

My suggestion would be:

Day 4:
Breakfast Akershus
Dinner Coral Reef

Day 5:
Breakfast Hollywood & Vine
Dinner Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Way too much. Definitely seems to be pushing the limits of a 5 yo. Others have good suggestions for you to consider

I think you have way too many overlaps. Iam a huge character meal fan but I think that yu will be seeing way too much of Cindy and friends. If I wa planning around a 5 YO I would skip a few of the princess meals and add garden Grill for Chip and Dale, Crystal Palace for WInnie the Pooh and friends.

I also think Day 2 is way too much. Your Princess teas is lunch so you may consider cancelling your luncheon ADR that day.

You've got a lot of food on day 2 and day 4. Would you consider doing your Italian dinner on arrival night? I just can't imagine eating breakfast, tea, a full lunch and a buffet dinner that day. On day 4, I would consider dropping Coral Reef if you are set on Akershus and Yachtsman. Again, that's a ton of food and a ton of time devoted to sitting and eating. Especially places like CRT, Akershus, Yachtsman - you are looking at 90 - 120 minute meals. On Day 5, I would consider doing Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage breakfast and then moving H&V to an early dinner so your daughter can meet Ariel and Rapunzel. Or do Bon Voyage on your departure day. On day 1, you may also want to consider switching 1900 to Storybook dining so your daughter can meet Snow White, since you will have breakfast with Cinderella at CRT.

I think we might cut out Coral Reef lunch. Possibly do Disney Springs dinner on arrival night. That being said on our trip back in May 2018 with our daughter we had the deluxe dining plan and had a lot of table service meals with some day of 3 table service meals and our daughter did fine sitting (including Yachtsman, CRT, H&V on different days). Although she was free and just pretty much ate off our plates. Ariel and Snow White were at CRT when we went last May; but good idea about Rapunzel.

Last edited:
Everything i have read though about Perfectly Princess Tea Party is it is a snack not to be treated a a lunch. That is why I originally had a lunch planned for day 2? That is also why I am asking for the great suggestions here.

Everything i have read though about Perfectly Princess Tea Party is it is a snack not to be treated a a lunch. That is why I originally had a lunch planned for day 2? That is also why I am asking for the great suggestions here.
It's certainly not a heavy lunch, but it was more than enough for us. Small sandwiches, fruit and cake for dessert.

Did you book a pre-Park opening Akershus? We had 810 reservations and were able to be the first boat for Frozen Ever After. We had no wait time at all. When we got off of it there was a 15 minute wait so we rode it again, lol. So I highly recommend doing it before the park opens.

Cinderella Royal Table had many of the same princesses as akershus and I thought the interaction was better at Akershus. However my daughter was amazed at being in the castle.

The day you are going to CRT for breakfast and BOG for dinner I think you can just do a snack for lunch or a quick service meal.

Hope you guys have fun!

Storybook dining was so much fun!!! I definitely recommend that. We just got back from Disney and we loved that dining experience. Grumpy was so in character he was great. And the evil queen was fun. The food was really good too! Highly recommend

Did you book a pre-Park opening Akershus? We had 810 reservations and were able to be the first boat for Frozen Ever After. We had no wait time at all. When we got off of it there was a 15 minute wait so we rode it again, lol. So I highly recommend doing it before the park opens.

Cinderella Royal Table had many of the same princesses as akershus and I thought the interaction was better at Akershus. However my daughter was amazed at being in the castle.

The day you are going to CRT for breakfast and BOG for dinner I think you can just do a snack for lunch or a quick service meal.

Hope you guys have fun!

Thanks Jacq7414. We plan on doing CRT and Akershus when they open pre park opening. Cqn't book reservations until February. Our daughters favorite character is Belle so thought Akershus would be great. We all loved CRT breakfast and the character interaction their this past trip.

Thanks Jacq7414. We plan on doing CRT and Akershus when they open pre park opening. Cqn't book reservations until February. Our daughters favorite character is Belle so thought Akershus would be great. We all loved CRT breakfast and the character interaction their this past trip.
Magic Kingdom sometimes changes their opening times. I booked 805 CRT because the park was supposed to open at 9, then they moved the opening to 8 am for everyone. It was fine, but we would have had less of a wait on 7 dwarfs mine train if it wasn’t moved.

Belle is my daughter’s favorite too! She was in LOVE with the Beast’s castle. Definitely keep the BOG. So worth it. Make sure to meet Gaston too. The line gets long quick. We got there a little bit before his first meet & greet (10 am) and were the second people in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter