Dining Decision & Childcare

risy

DIS Veteran
We are preparing to celebrate our 10th Anniversary :bride: :groom: and would like too select a nice restaurant. We are AP holders and will probably just go for the day/night.

Problems: DD5, DD8, DD3(almost 4) !! We have no source of childcare at home, so they get to come along...as always...

If we choose a restaurant in the Grand Floridian, can they attend the GF Mouseketeer Club? Or is that only for GF guests?

Even using Disney's kid clubs, we can't stay out for 5 hours (at $30/hour).

Any suggestions on how we can negotiate a night "out". The last time we celebrated our anniversary, I was pregnant with our oldest. :p

TIA for any advice!

If you will be staying overnight check with "Fairy Godmothers" at (407) 969-9847 and toll free 877-611-4314. They provide bonded "older" (usually 40+) sitters who will come to your room. They will usually bring toys and games prober for the children's ages. If you give them permission, they will take them from the room to other places in the resort.

I have never used them, but have heards lots of good things aobut them on RADP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone can use the children's clubs but your child must be 4. If she turns four before the trip that would work fine.

Good luck!

Jordans' mom

If you dine at Blue Zoo at the Dolphin, you get 2 hours of free childcare! They can stay longer but then you have to pay for the extra hours. I think they also offer it at Shulas. They have a kids club like they do at other Disney hotels. :cool1:

They do offer it at Shula's as well--I believe two hours free at the Dolphin's kids club.

Anne

LindsayDunn228 said:
30 freaking dollars an hour?! Good grief.

It is $10 per hour per child -$30 in our case. Sorry if this was misleading!

Wow - BlueZoo sounds great!!! How does the childcare compensation work for that??

risy--the first question is how old will the youngest be when you visit? that answer will guide which options are even possible for you.

Anne

Will your little one be 4 by the time you go? If not, then he/she will not be allowed to stay in the kids clubs, so you may want to look into the Fairy Godmothers who will come to your room and stay with your kids.

If your child will be 4, then you can book them into the Mouseketeer Club at GF (you don't have to be a guest of that resort), but it is a 4 hour minimum stay at 3 kids times approximately $10 per hour per kid...whew... you will pay more for that then your dinner! I think your most economical choice would be the sitter service.
Good luck in your decision!

Youngest will be 4 (and a day!)

And I thought it was a 4 hour Maximum stay ?

Think we are leaning toward the bluezoo . . . great menu

We have tried all the kiddie clubs at Disney, my kids loved the Neverland Club the best, and so didn't we. My kids are now 15 1/2 and 11.
My daughter just stopped going to the Neverland Club on our last trip.
They will now be going to Downtown Disney to DisneyQuest.

The Babysitting clubs range from 8.00 hrly each* and with the Neverland Club that includes dinner/activities which are crafts/singing/and videogames.
Best option.* Seem to staff with mature staffing vs. college kids.

Also used the Dolphin Kids Club. Great value, kids enjoyed that also.

Years ago at the WL their kids babysitting club had real live animals, my son loved it! By the time my daughter was able to go and enjoy it they stopped bringing live animals in, liability, etc etc. Too bad it was a great experience for the kids and the animals had trained animal handlers so nothing to worry about! Oh well, times change I guess.
You can also call around to each hotel that offers the kids clubs they will tell
you.

O'Hana's would be a great place to celebrate an anniversary if you were to take the kids as well. Call the Poly and speak directly to the mgr or staff @ the Poly to see what they would charge for your kids (it's all you can eat dinner) explain your situation, I wouldn't think that a young child would be charged 24.95 each-they eat hardly anything. I do believe they have kids prices, we went last year and I am trying to think..
They also have hawiian coconut races*for the kids as well as the kids get up and hula dance and the staff gets up and hula's with the kids as well as a staff member is playing the ukilalea==sorry if it's mis spelled.
My daughter who is 11 as well as my son who is in HS, football player and all*
cannot wait to go on vacation as well as going back to O'Hana's.

Good luck and Happy Anniversary!! :cheer2: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter