Digital Membership Cards?

That is what I think. You will scan your MAgic Mobile and it will automatically apply the discounts If eligible. There will no longer be a need to show a card so it takes it out if the CMs hands.

Only piece may be when an eligible family member is there to activate an AP without owner present?

But if we are seeing at least one with a ND vs a Y, I’d say that is a good indication it means No Discount.

Of course if it is, I bet there will be some memberships that slip through and have the wrong code applied.

I don’t think the digital card design you choose makes a difference because I can choose a non DVC one.

I just checked mine and it was ND and I am a resale owner :) I think this may be the indication.

And... when I tried to delete the MM pass from my wallet and re-add it, I no longer have the DVC card option.

Perfect.
I did this following to “fix” this same issue for me (another user also did the same and said it worked).

First — remove the card from your wallet.

Next — In the MDE app go to your profile / account settings. Remove your cell phone and save settings. Go back into account settings and add the cell phone back and verify it (it took a minute for the verification code to get to me).

Next — Wait a few seconds and go back into MagicMobile. You SHOULD now see the DVC design (and AP if you are an AP). Add the card. It should add to Wallet with the DVC design and any affiliations you have.

Finally — never touch MagicMobile again as I assume it would break the affiliations.

I am white card and mine is showing DVC Y, but I had it loaded to my MM months ago. we’ll see if it changes between now and my next trip !

I am white card and just added card to my wallet. It's allowing me to choose the DVC blue card everyone has posted. When I click the 3 dots though it just has guest name and ID number with the scan code. There is no line that says DVC affiliation.

I am white card and just added card to my wallet. It's allowing me to choose the DVC blue card everyone has posted. When I click the 3 dots though it just has guest name and ID number with the scan code. There is no line that says DVC affiliation.

Thanks for sharing. I think that may confirm that the design doesn’t matter but affiliation is what will be needed to trigger the discounts?

I also wonder if those who already added it before today are the ones that slip through if this is how the discounts will work.

I did this following to “fix” this same issue for me (another user also did the same and said it worked).

Next — In the MDE app go to your profile / account settings. Remove your cell phone and save settings. Go back into account settings and add the cell phone back and verify it (it took a minute for the verification code to get to me).

Next — Wait a few seconds and go back into MagicMobile. You SHOULD now see the DVC design (and AP if you are an AP). Add the card. It should add to Wallet with the DVC design and any affiliations you have.

Finally — never touch MagicMobile again as I assume it would break the affiliations.
Had to do it twice. The first time, the affiliations showed up even though I didn't have the DVC MM image option. The second time, MM automatically offered me the DVC image AND populated all of my affiliations.

I agree … i am trying to think of how explain this to my parents, who are in their 60s and relatively tech savvy… in the end they will just give me their phones and tell me to do it :laughing: I can’t imagine this rolls out smoothly and that the majority of members figure out how to add this.
We'll be at WDW in May with our son and DIL. We are all DVC and Scorcerer AP's...we'll let them "fix" it. I can see my blue card on the phone when I click on DVC, otherwise don't know where to find it. DH gave up!

Thanks for sharing. I think that may confirm that the design doesn’t matter but affiliation is what will be needed to trigger the discounts?

I also wonder if those who already added it before today are the ones that slip through if this is how the discounts will work.
I'm pretty certain you can make the MagicMobile picture whatever you want it to be just as long as your DVC account is linked to MDE. I had my MagicMobile as a Star Wars picture and when I check the details in my Google Pay wallet it says "DVC ND." I am a white card member with only resale contracts.

I added through my magic mobile into my wallet with the default Mickey hat card image. My affiliation was DVC Y (I am direct/blue card). I went back to change the pass image to the DVC one. When I did that, the affiliation went away. I deleted and readded the pass mutiple times and the affiliations didn’t return. After removing and re adding my phone number to my profile I was able to add the pass back to my wallet with the DVC Y affiliation although now it doesn’t show the DVC pass image as a option to change to.

We are blue card direct owners and when my husband looked at his it just says DVC...no DVC Y or ND and no DVIC..which if it means Disney visa cardmember..we are so what gives?? Ugh..i agree with a few other posters..this is too complicated for my taste.

I added through my magic mobile into my wallet with the default Mickey hat card image. My affiliation was DVC Y (I am direct/blue card). I went back to change the pass image to the DVC one. When I did that, the affiliation went away. I deleted and readded the pass mutiple times and the affiliations didn’t return. After removing and re adding my phone number to my profile I was able to add the pass back to my wallet with the DVC Y affiliation although now it doesn’t show the DVC pass image as a option to change to.
Looks like after some time the DVC image pass became an option again and when I selected it the affiliations were again gone. If I switch back to a non DVC image card the affiliations still do not repopulate. FWIW.

And... when I tried to delete the MM pass from my wallet and re-add it, I no longer have the DVC card option.

Perfect.

This approach worked for me, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter