Digital Camera help in Florida

jwhiting

Mouseketeer
We are off to the Sunshine State in 9 days time :cool1: and this year for the first time we will have use of a digital camera.

We only have the internal memory and a 64mb memory card and I expect to utilise both in a short space of time, especially as we have a hot air balloon ride booked for the first Saturday.

Ideally we would like to download the digital pics onto a CD somewhere in Orlando, maybe even email them home as well, thus freeing up the memory for yet more pictures of Mickey and friends.

Can anybody point us in the right direction to finding such a place?

We are staying on International Drive but have a car and are therefore able to travel without a problem. There must be plenty of internet cafes etc but off the top of my head I haven't a clue where they might be....

Any help would be much appreciated... :grouphug:

Thanks

Julian

I don't know what type of camera you have but have you thought about bringing extra cards? I have sd for mine and you can get cards for reasonable prices on the web. Two I have used are:

www.valueflash.co.uk
www.photoglossy.com

I bought a new 512MB card last week and it arrived in a couple of days recorded delivery. Might be something to think about.

Equally, I am sure you can do as you are wanting and someone else here will be able to advise.

Nick

You really need a bigger memory card.

You can burn it to CD in all of the theme parks and virtually any of the one hour photo places. Almost any CVS, Eckarts, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, probably even the supermarkets.

jwhiting said:
We are off to the Sunshine State in 9 days time :cool1: and this year for the first time we will have use of a digital camera.

We only have the internal memory and a 64mb memory card and I expect to utilise both in a short space of time, especially as we have a hot air balloon ride booked for the first Saturday.

Ideally we would like to download the digital pics onto a CD somewhere in Orlando, maybe even email them home as well, thus freeing up the memory for yet more pictures of Mickey and friends.

Can anybody point us in the right direction to finding such a place?

We are staying on International Drive but have a car and are therefore able to travel without a problem. There must be plenty of internet cafes etc but off the top of my head I haven't a clue where they might be....

Any help would be much appreciated... :grouphug:

Thanks

Julian
Hi julian if you go on Walmart website ,and you can see they will download your photos very cheap into pictures.Also the other option is to buy one of their digital cards as an extra as they are half the price than here.
Hope this helps!

We downloaded ours to CD at both Walmart and Supertarget on the 192. Walmart was very slightly cheaper but we preferred the quality of Supertarget as they used Kodak.

Sam

Thanks for all your replies guys.

We would be willing to get a bigger memory card and from looking at the Walmart website I can see they are extremely cheap. I have a Kodak Easyshare DX4330, do I have to buy a Kodak memory card or are there cheaper alternatives that will be compatible with my camera?

Any recommendations on which make I need to look out for in the USA would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Julian

p.s. Thanks for the info on downloading to CD as well. This option might still suit us.

You can buy any brand of SD or MMC card for the Kodak :)

Try here for new cards:

7DayShop

256Mb SD Cards are £14.99
512Mb SD cards are £25.99
512Mb MMC cards are £29.99

Hi Tim,
WOW, they are seriously low prices. :rotfl2:

Have you actually used these memory cards without any problems?

Shame the 256mb are currently out of stock...only got 8 days to get here!!!!!!!!!

Julian

Just a word of caution, one of our fellow forum members, Cazzie, used a photography shop on International Drive. Transferred all her photos on to a cd, she came home and discovered the disc didn't have any on and she had lost 500 pictures. Also I have read over in the American forum that some people have found pictures go missing in the transfer.

I have gone down the track of buying some more memory cards. I had a record of how many pictures I took last time and worked on that. Remember also you can reduce the size of your photos and get more on to a memory card. I always use the best quality ones because I never know which photos I will want to blow up.

I have bought memory cards from Amazon which have not been well known makes but have had good user reviews and not had a problem with them.

Remember also to keep your camera dry. I lost my digital camera last year through a very heavy downpour and water seeped through the zip of the camera bag. I bought a waterproof bag from Aquapac which allows you to use the camera inside the bag and actually underwater (not that I have tried the latter), it is also supposed to float if you accidentally dropped it in a river (and I have not tried that either :) ).

Hope you have a lovely time.

Thanks for the advice Wicket, I think that makes my mind up to get another memory card. :teeth:

You mention Amazon and the countless cards available on their website. Do you have any recommendations? I normally stick with proven names i.e. a Kodak camera takes a Kodak card but it is £36 for a 256mb card on Amazon, where as there are some available for under £20.

I hear countless stories of non readable cards, people losing pictures due to cheap cards etc....do I go for the brand name or take a gamble?

Is saving £15+ worth losing memories for??? :rolleyes:

Julian

jwhiting said:
Thanks for all your replies guys.

We would be willing to get a bigger memory card and from looking at the Walmart website I can see they are extremely cheap. I have a Kodak Easyshare DX4330, do I have to buy a Kodak memory card or are there cheaper alternatives that will be compatible with my camera?

Any recommendations on which make I need to look out for in the USA would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Julian

p.s. Thanks for the info on downloading to CD as well. This option might still suit us.

ive got the dx4330 and i have used non-kodak make memory cards and re-chargeable batteries in it without any problems
i have brought from ebay in the past and you can get some good deals on there ( check the feedback 1st tho )

hth :)

I've purchased Compact Flash cards from 7DayShop amongst other things (printer cartridges etc.) with no problem.

The are based in the Channel Islands so postage can take upto 7 days :(

I don't think Kodak even is the manufacturer of the memory they sell. If you want name brands Lexar, Toshiba and Scan Disk Ultra II are good choices as are numerous other brands. Most of the brands are made by one of the larger companies.

At least in the US you can tell by the warranty. A very short warranty is usually a sign that the memory is either one that isn't intended to be sold to the public (OEM) or one that didn't meet the manufactures standards and is being branded by a lower name brand and dumped.

Just remember you have to format your new memory in your camera before it'll work right.

If you buy in the US most of the prices you see advertised are after a mail in rebate. You probably won't be able to get the rebate mailed to you back in the UK.
http://www.fatwallet.com/t/24/478499/

jwhiting said:
Thanks for the advice Wicket, I think that makes my mind up to get another memory card. :teeth:

You mention Amazon and the countless cards available on their website. Do you have any recommendations? I normally stick with proven names i.e. a Kodak camera takes a Kodak card but it is £36 for a 256mb card on Amazon, where as there are some available for under £20.

I hear countless stories of non readable cards, people losing pictures due to cheap cards etc....do I go for the brand name or take a gamble?

Is saving £15+ worth losing memories for??? :rolleyes:

Julian

cath1954 said:
Hi julian if you go on Walmart website ,and you can see they will download your photos very cheap into pictures.Also the other option is to buy one of their digital cards as an extra as they are half the price than here.
Hope this helps!

Not so sure on this, I priced up the Fuji XD card and this was way cheaper in 7 Day shop than it was in anything i could find in the US online.
Give them a try

Bought a 512mb CF card from 7dayshop for our last trip to DLP. It worked a treat, although we still needed more memory :rolleyes:

Reid

I know in the parks they now can put the photo's on a CD for you. I think it's 12 bucks.

jwhiting said:

I bought an Integral from Pricestorm on the net which has worked fine. The other card I bought was a Viking one from Amazon which had lots of good reviews. I have not actually used the latter because I bought it for Orlando. I am going to buy another one but will have a look at 7dayshop.

Anyone recommend a compact flash card from 7dayshop?

I bought a pack of two 128Mb CF cards from 7DayShop a number of years ago and they are still working fine :)

The cheaper CF cards work fine, but tend to have a slower read/write time than some of the more expensive well know brands (Lexar etc.).
You would only find this a problem with a large megapixel camera that produces huge files :)

Thanks Goofyish, I will have a look at the site later on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter