• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Digital Camera help in Florida

If anyone is still looking for camera memory and needs it very quickly try www.crucial.com/uk
They are based in East Kilbride and include delivery by Royal Mail Special Delivery (next day).

I have used them several times for PC and for camera memory and really can't fault them.

Thanks for all your advice - I've just ordered a memory card on 7dayshop at a bout a quarter of the price of argos, hopefully I've ordered the right one I'll have to see when it gets here!

I think there's supposed to be places around Disney you can download onto a disc - maybe they have placs where you can then check the disc and only delete the pics that come out OK. We had a 128mb camera and used medium quality resolution, fitted over 120 pics (actually wished I'd taken more). BIL used max res on his and filled it up with 80 pics, then transferred very successfully at Walmart.

Or buy a laptop cheap and transfer the pics to the hard drive :rotfl2: :rotfl: (another bright idea from someone who can't spell "economy" :blush: )

Prints over here seem to be around 29c each in most places. They will also burn your pics onto a CD for $2.99. I just had some done in Walgreens so that my kids could file all there character pics!
It adds up though if you get alot done as they don't seem to reduce price per pic for getting more printed.

I'd recommend logging onto Snapfish (snapfish.co.uk) before you go and prepaying for some prints - you can get them 8p each, or 10p if you pay as you go - then just get your pics on discs or memory cards and when you get back download them to Snapfish. They store your pics for ever (as long as you log on once a year) and you can order prints, mugs, t-shirts etc. I got a great set of coasters for my mum's birthday, she was really pleased with them. I've used them several times and been really happy with the results. :teeth:

A long term solution can be found here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006M5URK/qid=1117969572/202-0939192-1829430

An [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1][size=+1]Epson P-2000 Multimedia Storage Viewer

If you have large files this is perfect, a 40GB hard drive and screen. It also stores and plays MP3's and video files.

I bought mine to use in place of my laptop.

The image can be watched as a slideshow on a TV. You can buy a lot of memory cards for the price but it does have some major + points

[/size][/size][/font]

That is one nice toy. Pity we are going on holiday in 5 weeks as I would have given this serious thought :rolleyes:

Reid

Along the lines of the Epson mentioned above, we've got an iPod photo and used that on our most recent trip. Stored around 1000 pics at 3mb plus with very little fuss indeed. A lot cheaper long term than buying 1mb compact flash cards which will only take around 280 pics at the resolution we use.

As far as using cheaper memory cards, I always think of the phrase "you get what you pay for" - the cheaper cards are cheaper for a reason I reckon.

Also, the other thing to consider, is that any camera pachake/set up you've got is only as good as the cheapest/weakest element, so if you've got a good camera, but buy cheap memeory cards, then I think you'll adversely affect the quality of the picture - not scientific I know, but just my opinion.

Matt

Boss Hogg said:
As far as using cheaper memory cards, I always think of the phrase "you get what you pay for" - the cheaper cards are cheaper for a reason I reckon.

Also, the other thing to consider, is that any camera pachake/set up you've got is only as good as the cheapest/weakest element, so if you've got a good camera, but buy cheap memeory cards, then I think you'll adversely affect the quality of the picture - not scientific I know, but just my opinion.

Matt

According to this month's Computer Active, who have just tested memory cards produced by Crucial, Kingston, SanDisk, Sony, Fujifilm and Olympus, there was no performance advantage gained from buying branded cards. Sometimes the data transfer speed was faster with the cheaper cards than with the more expensive ones. Their opinion is that the cheaper brands will do the job for you just as well as the your camera's manufacturer's ones. Just thought you could save yourself some money. :)

Last time we went with a pair of 512 MB CF cards (one Kingston, one Crucial) and two cameras. Although I did cheat by taking a laptop as well...

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

Is a site you may find useful. You will find a test of many compact flash cards in a wide range of cameras.

Remember that no matter how fast the card is capable of transfering data many cameras cannot keep up. My Cannon 10D sis one such case. While I can transfer pictures of using USB2 thw camera limits the write speed

jjpenguin said:
I know in the parks they now can put the photo's on a CD for you. I think it's 12 bucks.

I have done this at the park, however they process the disc as a Kodak Photo Disc. The images are tweeked automatically by software and stored in a compressed format. Some may like this, I don't

I recommend

http://www.picstop.co.uk/

For fast delivery, good service and excellent prices

I've just got a Kodak picture CD for some of DS photos and there is some really annoying software included that makes it very difficult to actually do ANYTHING with the pics OTHER than share them! (Makes it difficult to save them elsewhere, print etc.)

Once I uninstalled the Kodak software I had no problems playing with the piccies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter