Dieting on DDP

mommymonster

Mouseketeer
Is it possible to eat healthy using the DDP? I am on WW. I just started 2 weeks ago and have lost 5.8 lbs so far. I am not going to Disney until September so I am hoping by then I will have lost a lot more. I want to lose about 25 lbs total so I have 20 to go. If I use the DDP will I at least stay on track or do you see me gaining like 10 lbs back? Is it possible to lose weight and go to Disney or at least not gain any? When I went to DisneyLand last year I gained about 5 or so lbs in a week.

Lisa

I think it depends on how active you normally are. If the walking at Disney is much more than your current activity level than you will probably maintain or even lose a little bit. If the walking is less than your current activity level than you will probably gain a bit, but then lose it fairly quickly once you get back into your normal routine.

As far as the dining plan goes, try to share as much as possible. Only take a couple bites of all the desserts and treats. Make 'smart' choices (i.e. no full sugar soda, limit fried foods, more salads and fish instead of pasta and beef). Don't limit yourself too much, you are on vacation, but don't go 'hog' wild.

The hardest part will be getting back into the routine when you get back. As long as you look as this as a 'vaction' and keep it up when you get home you should be OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter