• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Didn't think the CMs could get any better and then…

DVC-Landbaron

What Would Walt Do?
… They went and hired my daughter!!! :bounce:

How about that for NEWS!! It's no longer a RUMOR!! It's confirmed!! She just got her letter of acceptance for the college program. She will start in August.

To quote her:
Hurray!!! I'm going to Disney!!!

(now I'll have a spy in the organization!! ;))

Way to go Ms. Baron. Now, Mr Baron, is she a part of the solutions? :D

(now I'll have a spy in the organization!! )

Congrats to your daughter!

Unfortunately from my experience, spy reports only add to that insane Disney schizophrenia I believe we both suffer from. You get to more closely experience the highs from the wonderful stories that come from making someone else's day "magical" but there's that whole other side when you start learning that some of the "suspicions you hoped were inaccurate" are probably "truths."

They must not have done a background check! No matter how great or qualified of Disney lover she is, Eisner would never allow a 'Landbaron' into the fold. Did she apply under an assumed name?

Seriously though, congrats on the achievment. I hope it meets all of her expectations.
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Oh Scoop, I'm with you! Sorry Landbaron, but the thought of it is priceless!
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Thanks for all the wonderful PMs and posts. I thank you, my daughter thanks you…

...let her go! What is she meets Paul Pressler, is wooed by his renowned charismatic charm, and, suddenly, becomes Mrs. Paul Pressler....
Ahhhh! I'm a step ahead of you!! I have already briefed my daughter about the "evil-doers". I even gave her his picture so that he will be easily identified. It's my own personal picture of him and the only one I have.

parrotheads_paul.jpg

Hmmm. Maybe on one of my bad days I got a little carried away? What'd think?

;)

sorry for the late post. don't get on as often anymore. But congrats to your daughter. Mine (still in HS) will be jealous.

By the way, I think I saw that person on Buffy the other evening or was it Angel.

Perhaps the greatest thing I have ever seen Landbaron. Also if you or you daughter have any further questions about the Walt Disney World College Program or want some inside info on certain topics feel free to email or PM me. What area has she been assigned too? Be prepared for her to become a brainwashed disney cast clone just like be when she returns home.

Much congrats to your daughter!!! I know she'll make a great CM and have the time of her life!!!

Congratulations to your daughter and sending her a welcome to the family.

May she have a safe journey to Orlando.

Congratualations to your daughter. My son has just been told that he has a place on the International Program and flies out to Orlando on Aug 7th. If your daughter visits Epcot tell her to look out for a Brit wearing a silly costume in the UK at World Showcase by the name of Simon from Folkestone. She won't be able to miss him he's huge! Carolyn

What "role" will your daughter have? (I copied the following info from the WDW College Program website.)

- - - - - - -
Roles

Advanced Internship Listings

As WALT DISNEY WORLD® Cast Members, College Program participants play a leading role in one of the world's most exciting shows! All of our positions offer the opportunity for students to gain transferable skills and interact with people from all over the world. As a WALT DISNEY WORLD® College Program participant, you may be cast in one of the following roles:

Quick Service Food & Beverage:
With over 250 restaurants, fast food counters, snack bars and outdoor carts, we serve a lot of hungry guests. You may rotate among different stations as you fill orders, prepare and assemble food items, cashier, clean, stock, buss tables and interact with our guests. This is a fast-paced environment and may include working indoors and outdoors in extreme weather conditions.

Quick Service - Kitchen Only:
In this role, you will gain entry-level experience in the growing culinary industry. You will prepare and assemble basic food items in quick service locations, clean, stock, work with basic kitchen equipment, read and follow basic recipes and have the opportunity to meet and greet with professional chefs. This is a back stage role and will not include guest interaction.

Culinary Assistant Cook II:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in one of the full-service restaurants located in our parks and resorts featuring an á la carte or buffet menu. This role includes mixing, dicing, grillwork, sandwich and salad preparation and following basic recipes. Culinary education is preferred for most of these positions.

Full Service Food & Beverage:
The Walt Disney World Resort dining locations are among the finest in the world. Responsibilities include greeting, assigning and seating guests, handling cash, rolling silverware, folding napkins and some custodial duties.

Operations:
As an Operations Cast Member, you will be assigned to one of the three different positions that play a vital role in the experience of our guests:
Attractions:
You are the center stage as you greet guests, operate ride systems and assist guests on and off the rides. This role may include custodial duties and possibly short or long narrations given to large audiences.
Park Greeter:
As the first point of contact for our guests inside of the parks, Pleasure Island and Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex, you will greet guests, validate tickets and distribute maps and information. This is a high guest contact area and may include standing for long durations.
Parking:
At the Walt Disney World Resort, our parking lots hold over 100,000 cars a day. This role will include directing traffic, driving large vehicles, narrating to large audiences and performing custodial duties while working outdoors. A valid drivers license is required.

Vacation Planner:
As a Vacation Planner, you will have the ability to interact with hundreds of guests on a day-to-day basis. You will be responsible for a high volume of cash handling as well as operating different computer systems. You will assist in planning our guest's vacation by validating tickets, distributing maps and providing extensive information on all Walt Disney World amenities. Good communication skills and being able to work well under pressure will help you succeed at this role.

Custodial:
Disney is known for "world class" cleanliness and as a Custodial host/hostess, you will play a role in ensuring our guests' happiness. You will be responsible for cleaning all guest areas, bussing tables, cleaning restrooms, emptying trashcans and sweeping. You will also be working with chemicals and cleaning equipment. Many students enjoy this role because there is a high amount of guest interaction and allow a lot of independence. Custodial Cast Members often refer to themselves as "Super Greeter with a Broom."

Transportation:
As a Transportation host/hostess, you will load guests on and off vehicles, greet our guests and possibly drive certain vehicles. A valid driver's license is required for this role, to ensure the safety of both you and our guests.

Merchandise:
With hundreds of retail locations across property, indoors and outdoors, you will have the opportunity to combine Merchandise and Entertaining our guests into something we call "Merchantainment." This role is multi-task oriented and will require you to be outgoing and approachable, interact with many guests and seek out guest contact. Some of the operational responsibilities may include cash handling, package delivery, floor stocking, preparation of food/candy, and stroller rental.

Recreation:
In this role, you have the opportunity to perform multiple responsibilities that may include: marina operations, ticket sales, towel rentals, arcade attendant, slide operator, work in a children's activity center and custodial duties. High guest interaction is involved including safety instruction for our guests. Some roles may include additional certifications (i.e. CPR).

Lifeguard:
Working in one of our three Water Parks, Resort Pools or Marinas, your priority is our guests' safety. Be prepared for a high volume of attendance and physically challenging work. You will be required to pass a local swim test prior to your arrival on the College Program as well as pass lifeguard training and certification upon arrival.

Hospitality/Front Desk Operations:
This is a great opportunity for hospitality majors. Components of this role are front desk operations, which could include luggage services, guest services and our phones room operation. You can expect a large amount of guest contact, extensive cash handling, a computer based operation and the opportunity to resolve challenging guest situations.

Housekeeping:
This role allows a lot of independence while being a part of a large team. Working primarily day shifts, this role includes cleaning guest rooms and bathrooms, making beds, emptying trashcans, dusting, vacuuming, and using cleaning chemicals and equipment. This role has minimal guest contact and is all about attention to detail!

Entertainment
"Where else can the top dog be a little Goofy, a Lion be a King, and a Mouse be the biggest star of all?" As a Character Performer, you will portray specific costumed Character roles within your height range, perform atmosphere meet and greet sets with our Guests, have the potential to perform in parade/processional roles, perform during dining experiences across property, sign autographs, pose for photographs, and create miles of smiles and magical memories! Audition is required and details will be shared at the presentation.

Disney's Entertainment Recruiting team will be partnering with the College Program at the following schools this Spring (these are noted on the presentation schedule):
Pennsylvania State University
University of Hawaii-Manoa
University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras
College of DuPage (Chicago)

These will be for positions on the Fall or Fall Advantage Program. If you are interested in attending one of the auditions, please ask the recruiter at your school's presentation for an invitation with details about the audition date, time, and location.

Costuming
You could be working at one of our many wardrobe departments across property. You are the first person Cast Members interact with before they start their shift. You will perform basic computer functions for issuance and research of costumes. You will have the ability to learn cleaning and assessment techniques necessary to maintain show quality. Within this role you will gain a true sense of what goes on backstage before the show begins.

Hoppers
In this role you may experience more than one working environment within any one day, week, or month. This means that you will either "hop" to different locations within the same line of business (for example, you might be a Quick-Service Food and Beverage hopper and work in a variety of restaurants), or you may be able to experience more than one role (for example, you may work in both merchandise and quick-service foods). If you enjoy change and are able to adapt to it well, then this could be a great fit for you. Some of the benefits of this role include the opportunity to network with a diverse group of leaders and teams as well as the opportunity to develop time-management skills.

Guest Services Assistant
This role is an excellent opportunity for a student to provide superior Guest Service by answering and assisting all incoming WALT DISNEY WORLD® World Resort calls for both our guests and fellow cast members. In this role you will need to posses strong verbal communication skills as well as demonstrate proven computer proficiency. Previous telephone call center experience and multi-lingual skills are desired but not necessary. You must have your own transportation and be ready to dress professionally in order to be considered for this backstage role.
- - - - - - -

Congratulations on your daughter's being accepted into the college program. My daughter is an alumni.. she was on the opening team for AK. She first worked in outdoor foods and then drove Kil/Safari. She returned home to finish her degree and moved back down upon graduation. After a year of driving safari, she finally broke into a line of work that went along with her major (animal science) and her license (vet tech) . She is now a animal keeper at the hospital in AK. She loves the area, she loves Disney, and loves animals. She just had a house built in Davenport.
Sorry for the long post but my message to you is: if they go down on the college program chances are good that they will love it and that's where they will go when they graduate.. but things could be worse than having your daughter live and work at Disney. I always have a great excuse to get away for a few days.
Again.. congratualations to your daughter. she will have the time of her life!
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter