did you start buying your baby/toddler their own airplane seat before 2? (lap child free under 2 years old)

Did it once and never again!!! There is just no room for either of you to be comfortable sitting on your lap (and for us to go to MCO it's a little over 2 hours). It's impossible to get anything out of your bag from the floor in front of you so snacks and entertaining your little one is cumbersome. Videos and movies are great but often hard for little ones to hear while flying which always frustrated my two.

I think I only would've been able to have any of mine as lap children when they were REALLY little--like less than six months old. They're all squirmers and would spend the whole flight screaming if they were forced to sit on my lap the entire time. Or DH's for that matter (even if his bulk makes for a comfier seat).

Which is to say that we purchased OS his own seat and brought a car seat the one time we flew when he was under two. It was a huge load off--we knew he was safer, we knew he wasn't going to squirm and fight and scream, and as an unexpected bonus, that he had a familiar car seat kept him from getting anxious about the flight. It was unwieldy and a bit pricier but honestly worth it.

DSfirst flight was 9 mths we always got seats for the kids.

Kae

yes. I flew with my youngest at 16 months and bought him a seat on the plane. We used his carseat. It was a pain to lug around but well worth it. First and foremost, he is safer in the carseat. Secondly, he is already use to the seat and knows the appropriate behavior.

I flew with my oldest when he was 13 months as lap infant and I swore I would never do it again. Too fidgety for the small space

My kids always had a seat under age 2. Actually it was just one kid, wait 2 flew under 24 months. It was so much easier. Toddlers can be squiggly wiggly and holding them in that tiny seat and making sure they don’t kick the seat in front of them. Not to mention how many times things drop. Nope...I go for my comfort and deal with the extra $$$$ for a seat. But that’s me.

Under 1 we had them as lap infants, beyond that, they get their own seat(and if you think being trapped for 3 hours is bad, we often have 12 hour flights as part of our itinerary).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter