Did I do this correctly?

Livelovedance

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

I just booked a trip using my DVC points, and I just want confirmation that I did this correctly.

I have a September UY, so my banking deadline is April 30th. I booked a trip at our home resort for the summer to ensure that we will have a room, but my plan is to rebook at another resort at 7 months if possible. If I can, would that be considered a cancellation and new booking, or a modification? If it's cancelled or if the new booking uses less points, I would still get those points back as 2018 points, and still have time to bank any extra points since I'm making the chances before April 30th, correct? I'm pretty sure I have it figured out, but I just want to run it by someone to see if there's anything I'm missing!

Thanks!

With a September use year, you must bank by April 30, as you know. If you make a reservation using 2018 points, and then before April 30 you change the reservation to a different reservation that has less points, since you started off using 2018 points, when the points are the returned tto your account, they will still be 2018 points, and they will be bankable. As long as you cancel or change it before the last 30 days before the reservation. If you cancel or change it, even if it is just being modified, within 30 days of the reservation, the returned points will actually become holding points. Holding points are not bankable.

With a September use year, you must bank by April 30, as you know. If you make a reservation using 2018 points, and then before April 30 you change the reservation to a different reservation that has less points, since you started off using 2018 points, when the points are the returned tto your account, they will still be 2018 points, and they will be bankable. As long as you cancel or change it before the last 30 days before the reservation. If you cancel or change it, even if it is just being modified, within 30 days of the reservation, the returned points will actually become holding points. Holding points are not bankable.
Perfect, this is exactly what I wanted to know. I'm new to DVC so I just wanted to make sure my understanding was correct. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter