Diane's trip report day 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 & 8(going home)

dianeschlicht

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
Trip report day 1:
We got up at 4:30 a.m. and were only 10 minutes late leaving for the airport. I’m told it was my fault. Oh well, we had a VERY short line at security so no problem. Our flight even left a few minutes early and with a strong tail wind, we arrived in Orlando nearly 30 minutes ahead of schedule!

Since we only had one small carry on bag with our clothes, and a computer bag for each of us plus my oxygen machine, we were able to walk right from the gate and down to the National car rental Emerald Aisle. (thanks to Owner’s Locker)

We checked in at OKW and learned we were indeed going to be in our preferred area of 45/46, so we parked our car down there after picking up our very HEAVY Owner’s locker and headed to the Studios. We were inside the park and headed for Toy Story Mania by 12:30! The board outside TSMM said the wait was 60 minutes, but in fact the line only took 35. That is the shortest time we have ever waited at that attraction! We laughed at how close our scores were. Dick had 130,000 and I had 130,400. I usually beat him by more than that! Oh well, it’s only the first game of the trip, so we will improve with practice.

After leaving TSMM we went through the animation studio and did our first drawing of this trip….BOLT was the subject. After finishing our drawings it was around 2, so we called to find our room was indeed ready and we were assigned 4621. On arriving back at OKW and building 46, we discovered it was the exact same unit we had in January! How unusual is that??? We LOVE this location…great view and it’s very quiet. …Well except for the happy birds in the morning, but that’s one kind of noise I enjoy.

After getting our “stuff” put away, we headed over to the grocery store and then made our way to Wilderness Lodge for our dinner reservation at Artist Point. Dinner was wonderful as usual, and after a fantastic dessert of chocolate mouse, we headed over to Epcot to meet up with John at his Owner’s Locker meet in France. John is a great host, and we saw a lot of DIS/DVC folks whom we hadn’t seen for several years. After Illuminations, we headed back to OKW and fell into bed!!

Today is another day, and we aren’t even sure where we will go today. We thought maybe back to the studios and possibly AK later in the day. Who knows…we might just take the first bus that comes along! So much for trip planning. I like these relaxed schedules!

We just returned Friday from OKW and I am in such withdrawl - TRs always help!!! Thanks for posting!!!

Hey Dianne, glad things are working out so well with your trip so far. Can't wait to read more. It will bring back great memories of our stay at OKW last summer and get us ready for our upcoming trip back to The World.

Keep following that stress free plan you made and have a great time!

Marvin

What a wonderful start to your trip! Have a great time.

Bobbi:goodvibes

we headed over to Epcot to meet up with John at his Owner’s Locker meet in France. John is a great host, and we saw a lot of DIS/DVC folks whom we hadn’t seen for several years.

I was just getting caught up on my facebook page and saw that John posted the pics last from last night :thumbsup2

Sounds like your trip has started out beautifully. Oh how I miss building 46 and that incredible view. Have the time of your lives!! :goodvibes

Glad your trip started out so well. Have a great time!

Diane, you're making me homesick! This Jun it's BWV for the most part but I did manage to get my waitlist for our 1st night of vacation at OKW.

Enjoy yourselves, while we live vicariously through your trip report until we can get there! :yay:

Sounds like a great start to your trip! How long do you get to stay?

Have a wonderful time! :)

Sounds like a great start to your trip! Will you be at the OL wine event on the 12th? If so, maybe we'll see you there!

What a great start. I'm happy you got the location you enjoy! Keep up the winning on TSMM! :thumbsup2 Hope today was wonderful.

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! We were at Artist Point just two weeks ago for the first time and loved it! I wish we were back.

Enjoy your vacation!

Day 2:
We got up bright and early this morning and lollygagged around the unit enjoying the porch and view over the canal. After a nice oatmeal breakfast, we headed out to catch a bus. It was already quite warm, and we were tired, so we couldn’t decide where to go for the day. We changed our minds 3 times before the first bus came. When the first one came and was full, we changed our minds again. We finally ended up going to the Magic Kingdom and got there just a little after opening. We took advantage of the low crowds and did a couple of games of Buzz Lightyear just walking right on. The first game we got “stuck” with our car in the volcano room and discovered a “trick”. If you hit the target at the top of the volcano, it is worth 100,000 points! Dick ended up with over a million points! I didn’t discover it as quickly as he did, so I only had 600,000 some.

From there we did the old standard…Carousel of Progress. It’s hokey, but we love it, and we were just tired enough, that it was a good thing to do this morning. From there we ambled through Fantasy Land and took in Mickey’s Philharmagic. This had been closed in January. The Hall of Presidents was still closed, so no nap there. That left us at the Haunted Mansion. That was good for a few winks, and then we had a nice relaxing ride on the paddle wheeler. After that we were hungry, so we decided to go over to DHS for some lunch. We ended up just doing salads and took a couple more turns on Toy Story Mania. For some reason, we can’t seem to get much past the 130,00-150,000 level there. Tonight we are studying some “tricks” we found online to see if we can get higher scores. We caught the new stuff in “One Man’s Dream”, and then headed home to OKW to rest and get ready for our dinner at Turf Club. Once again, I had those wonderful ribs there! No room for dessert, so instead we went over and toured the BLT models at the DVC center. They still leave me cold. I wanted to hit DTD for a bit. I needed a hat to cover my very thin hair so my scalp wont burn.

We are making an early night of it and at 8 p.m. we are back home at OKW listening to the Twins/Baltimore game on the internet.

Writing this, I realized we sound REALLY boring!! Well, we’re old, so I suppose we ARE really boring….Especially when we are tired. Maybe by tomorrow we will be more rested and ready for action!

Tomorrow we have an early morning Garden’s of World Showcase tour, so we’ll be up and out early and plan to spend most of the day enjoying the Flower and Garden Festival and our favorite rides in Future World.

We have been pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowds so far this trip. I suspect the weekend will be much more crowded since it will be Mother’s Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter