DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plans also mention that the existing entrance to DHS will be closed permanently.

So if they are going to close the main entrance that they have now, will they no longer have the boat option from BC/BW/YC? I am not sure where the new entrance will be at.

Thanks to @DanBoris for this find in bid documents.

6/15/2018 - Limited access to the new DHS entrance
9/1/2018 - Full access to the new DHS entrance
12/17/2018 - Most work done on the Victory/Osceola portion of the project
11/1/2019 - Work complete on the World Dr portion of the project.

The plans also mention that the existing entrance to DHS will be closed permanently.

These dates are related to the road construction project at the intersections of Victory/Osceola and World Drive/Osceola.

Does anyone know what will happen with the facades behind the walls near MV3D? Part of me thinks they may keep the facades and develop them into a whole Muppets area? Any thoughts?

Does anyone know what will happen with the facades behind the walls near MV3D? Part of me thinks they may keep the facades and develop them into a whole Muppets area? Any thoughts?
The facades that are still standing are staying and will become part of a corridor that will lead you to Star Wars Land.

Did they say anything about Toy Story Land today? It looks a lot further along than Star Wars Land but us Disney fans never know when something will open

Has anyone heard an approximate year that Star Wars Land might open?
Obviously not set in stone, but I caught the tail end of a top-o-the-hour news update on NPR the other day, and they said slated to open in 2019 on both coasts. If they are letting it be reported, we can hope!

Obviously not set in stone, but I caught the tail end of a top-o-the-hour news update on NPR the other day, and they said slated to open in 2019 on both coasts. If they are letting it be reported, we can hope!
Yes 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter