DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
img_0607-jpg.216463

Arrow on left points to DHS parking lot entrance. Middle arrow points to the construction conveyor belt that runs across the road. Right arrow points to Toy Story Land.

Cypress Mound which is protected by environmental law.

On going road construction going on in relation to DHS.

Top arrow is ESPN WWoS, Middle is showing DHS construction staging, blue is ramp into DHS, right yellow is more surrounding road construction to make the roads better for when additions at DHS open.

Utility work in the DHS parking lot.

then those?

Anymore questions?

Cypress Mound which is protected by environmental law.

Anymore questions?

I believe they are incorrect about that. According to Disney's land use documents that area is a wetland, but it NOT designated as a conservation area. It's considered marginally suitable for construction so they could potentially build on it some day.

I believe they are incorrect about that. According to Disney's land use documents that area is a wetland, but it NOT designated as a conservation area. It's considered marginally suitable for construction so they could potentially build on it some day.
Interesting. Thanks!

The contractor list and address correspond to Toy Story Land. I am a little surprised they are bothering with a tower crane for that project, although I could definitely see it for Star Wars Land.
Likely using it for the coaster. They shouldn't need it for anything else.

Thanks to @DanBoris for this find in bid documents.

6/15/2018 - Limited access to the new DHS entrance
9/1/2018 - Full access to the new DHS entrance
12/17/2018 - Most work done on the Victory/Osceola portion of the project
11/1/2019 - Work complete on the World Dr portion of the project.

The plans also mention that the existing entrance to DHS will be closed permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter