DHS: “Burner” FastPass & Runaway Railway?

Well, shoot! I’m kind of at a loss here... I just saw about MFSR being added to FP+ the other day. I was hoping I could change my morning Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster pass for that but the soonest it is showing a pass for Falcon is 5:20 PM... am I correct in assuming that keeping my three passes in the morning to finish them off as soon as possible is still the better option than tying up our potential for 4th, 5th, etc. FP+ picks just to have a Falcon pass? Correct me if I’m wrong or missing anything here. We also have a Slinky pass for our second day at DHS, but, it is probably best to keep that in our hands as well, correct?

Darn it all, I just feel like I’ve missed an opportunity...

Well, shoot! I’m kind of at a loss here... I just saw about MFSR being added to FP+ the other day. I was hoping I could change my morning Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster pass for that but the soonest it is showing a pass for Falcon is 5:20 PM... am I correct in assuming that keeping my three passes in the morning to finish them off as soon as possible is still the better option than tying up our potential for 4th, 5th, etc. FP+ picks just to have a Falcon pass? Correct me if I’m wrong or missing anything here. We also have a Slinky pass for our second day at DHS, but, it is probably best to keep that in our hands as well, correct?

Darn it all, I just feel like I’ve missed an opportunity...
Park hours just changed to 8am for Feb so keep checking and they MAY drop some that hour or you may catch people changing theirs around.

Last edited:
Park hours just changed to 8am so keep checking and they MAY drop some that hour or you may catch people changing theirs around.

Park hours for our trip in March are still listed as 9 AM opening... I mean, it may change to 8 AM (maybe even 7 AM??) too, especially considering Runaway Railway is brand new. I was actually fortunate enough to find a lonely straggling Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run FP+ for our first day at DHS for 11:35 AM – 12:35 PM, so I swapped out one of my other choices for that. A stroke of luck there!

So, anyway, if that’s the case and park hours change to an 7 AM or 8 AM opening... would it be advised to modify my FP+ choices that are hovering around the 11 AM to after 12 PM timeframes to be taking place in that first extra hour or two that opens up, if possible? That way we can get on with our day for extra FP+ selections all the faster??

That’s what I’m gathering anyway...

@Elias1901 sorry, edited to make clear it was Feb! Woohoo for the MFSR! We personally like as early FP as possible because then we can move on to refreshing for more sooner. I also am not sure the morning will be very empty with people getting in early for boarding groups at park open, but its hard to say where that crowd now that they’ll have FP for 2 toy story rides and MFSR or 3 toy story rides. You may have an extra element there in for early crowds March with MMRR.

I'm not there until April, and I know things will change by then, but we're keeping our early fast passes for now. Usually I start my FPs around 11 or 12 to take advantage of low morning lines, but there is no such thing as that at HS!!

Park hours for our trip in March are still listed as 9 AM opening... I mean, it may change to 8 AM (maybe even 7 AM??) too, especially considering Runaway Railway is brand new. I was actually fortunate enough to find a lonely straggling Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run FP+ for our first day at DHS for 11:35 AM – 12:35 PM, so I swapped out one of my other choices for that. A stroke of luck there!

So, anyway, if that’s the case and park hours change to an 7 AM or 8 AM opening... would it be advised to modify my FP+ choices that are hovering around the 11 AM to after 12 PM timeframes to be taking place in that first extra hour or two that opens up, if possible? That way we can get on with our day for extra FP+ selections all the faster??

That’s what I’m gathering anyway...

Exactly.

Grab whatever FPs you can for the 8-9 (or 7-9) time frame, assuming the 9am opening gets changed to 8am or 7am -- not so much for 4th FPs (which are likely to be much more scarce now), but because Standby waits during the earliest hour are loooong with so many people in the park already.

Keep checking for March hours updates through the end of February. No telling when they may occur. And then keep stalking for early FPs after that. Dropping of FPs for various attractions may slowly dribble out. For example, for one of our trips, it was on a Friday when Animal Kingdom opening changed from 9am to 8am, but the Flight of Passage FPs for the 8-9 hour did not drop until the following Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter