Destination D23 11/19-21 2021

If anyone needs a hotel for Sunday night November 21, we just canceled CSR - were able to book at CCV with our DVC points. BTW it looks like a fair amount of DVC availability for that night opened up this morning.
Indeed! We booked PVB for Sat night and will also be dropping out CSR reservation

Anyone else book Cirque after getting the email today? I did and I also got Very Merry After Hours tickets. Disney, just leave me enough to eat on.
I just booked. Hesitated a bit because the D23 txs were already pretty expensive, but I ended up caving and getting the $119 tier Cirque txs! Front row on the second level (mezzanine?). I wish I knew how the theater was set up, I worry about stuff blocking the view...

Not sure about the Very Merry After Hours, though. Really want to do it, but I'm ticked off that they don't let you into the park early...

Whelp, that didn't take long. Just caved and got the holiday after hours tickets. At least I was able to get the little DVC member discount and then 10% off that since my DGC was 10% off.

Whelp, that didn't take long. Just caved and got the holiday after hours tickets. At least I was able to get the little DVC member discount and then 10% off that since my DGC was 10% off.

I am still debating on the After Hours Tickets…we already bought four day hoppers and I just cannot justify the add on. However, I’m a sucker for anything Christmas related….

Last edited:
I just booked. Hesitated a bit because the D23 txs were already pretty expensive, but I ended up caving and getting the $119 tier Cirque txs! Front row on the second level (mezzanine?). I wish I knew how the theater was set up, I worry about stuff blocking the view...

Not sure about the Very Merry After Hours, though. Really want to do it, but I'm ticked off that they don't let you into the park early...
They let you in at 7pm with park closing at 9pm. The regular xmas party let you in at 4pm with a park closing of 6pm. So it's the same amount of early time.

They let you in at 7pm with park closing at 9pm. The regular xmas party let you in at 4pm with a park closing of 6pm. So it's the same amount of early time.
Yes, I realized this while reading the website and that did it for me. Had seen reports (WDWNT, I think) that said early entry wasn't happening, but maybe I'm confusing that with the Halloween party.
I am still debating on the After Hours Tickets…we already bought four day hoppers and I just cannot justify the add on. However, I’m a sucker for anything Christmas related….
SAME... can't wait for some holiday cheer :-)

ETA: oops, the wdw news channel I watch on YouTube is banned here, sorry! I'll remember to preview check next time

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is any drawback to letting my D23 membership pass before the Destinations event? I was set to renew in three days but don't think I will anymore, Disney is getting too greedy. Will it affect anything for this upcoming trip? I worry that they'll say we can't participate in certain activities. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is any drawback to letting my D23 membership pass before the Destinations event? I was set to renew in three days but don't think I will anymore, Disney is getting too greedy. Will it affect anything for this upcoming trip? I worry that they'll say we can't participate in certain activities. Thanks!
I thought I had to show my active gold membership in order to register/get my packet for the last Destination D. Mine had expired in October, and I had renewed it. However, they were taking their time sending me a new card with the updated dates. I had to get an email saying I was good to go, but my card ended up arriving the day before I flew to Orlando.

I thought I had to show my active gold membership in order to register/get my packet for the last Destination D. Mine had expired in October, and I had renewed it. However, they were taking their time sending me a new card with the updated dates. I had to get an email saying I was good to go, but my card ended up arriving the day before I flew to Orlando.
Hm. So it sounds like I might need to renew... Ugh, I just feel like Disney has enough of my money rn

Got up too late, unfortunately. I have hotel reservations until the 22nd but can only see dining through the 20th. I thought I should be able to book for the whole trip, no?

You should be able to book through your entire stay..that’s strange. I know I booked mine after the 60 day window, because I still had a resort stay.

Got up too late, unfortunately. I have hotel reservations until the 22nd but can only see dining through the 20th. I thought I should be able to book for the whole trip, no?
Are you sure that you were logged in? If it's on the web, click on MyDisneyExperience at the top right to ensure that you are really logged in. If you aren't, it will ask you to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!