Despicable Me Character Breakfast with the Minions - Do I Have Time?

Love_the_Mouse

Mouseketeer
My family and I REALLY want to eat breakfast with the Minions and crew the morning that we leave Universal. However, I received an email from Southwest this week stating that my flight will now be leaving at 11:25 am instead of the original 4:40 pm time. That is my only option as there are no other flights available.

If we book the 8:00 am breakfast, do we have enough time to make our flight at 11:25 am at MCO?

We're staying at HRH. So that morning we would check out and bring our bags with us to Royal Pacific and ask that our bags be held at the desk. We would be sure to arrive at Royal Pacific by 7:40 am. Then after breakfast, we would collect our bags from the hotel and Uber to the airport. Uber estimates about a 30 minute trip and I would hope to be picked up by 9:15 am at the latest.

Do we have time? Do you think there will be any issue with Royal Pacific holding our luggage for use while we have breakfast?

Thank you!!

You’ll have no problem with RP holding your bags.......

The breakfast itself takes around an hour or so.....you line up first for pictures, with Gru and the minion, then inside to eat. The line was long when passed two weeks ago.

The next breakfast is 9.30 so I imagine you’ll be out by 9 for them to get ready for the next lot in.

We just did the breakfast on Saturday. We had a 9:30 reservation. Even with lingering after we met the characters, bathroom break, quick look at gift shop, speaking to attendant about parking, walking back to car, loading 3 children into the car (buckling car seats) and setting Google Maps, we were on the road by 10:50.

For an 8:00 breakfast, you will be done with characters before 8:50. There is no bill to settle since you prepay. (I did ask about tip and was told it was optional, you don't receive a folio at the table or anything)

We just did the breakfast on Saturday. We had a 9:30 reservation. Even with lingering after we met the characters, bathroom break, quick look at gift shop, speaking to attendant about parking, walking back to car, loading 3 children into the car (buckling car seats) and setting Google Maps, we were on the road by 10:50.

For an 8:00 breakfast, you will be done with characters before 8:50. There is no bill to settle since you prepay. (I did ask about tip and was told it was optional, you don't receive a folio at the table or anything)
Not OP but curious, how did you like it? Also considering this before my cruise and was on the fence if we wanted to do this or just enter the parks until 1030-11?

Not OP but curious, how did you like it? Also considering this before my cruise and was on the fence if we wanted to do this or just enter the parks until 1030-11?
We enjoyed ourselves and I'm glad we did it as a last day thing, but once was enough, if that makes sense. For us, we really didn't want to go to the parks on our departure day (hard to get the kids out and DH was needing us to leave early ,which is good because our 6.5 hour trip home took 9.5 hours with traffic and stops!) but we wanted something special instead of just driving off, that is just no fun.

Cons:
--The buffet is limited
one side is: bananas, watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes (with peppers and onions), bacon, sausage links, pancakes
Cereals: corn flakes, raisin bran, fruit loops
Pastries: bagels, bread, donut holes (glazed and jelly), 2 mini muffins, 4 danish type items
drinks: coffee, tea, water, milk, orange juice, apple juice
condiments: ketchup, syrup, hot sauce, cream cheese
All items were fresh and tasty, though
(We don't have food restrictions so I can't comment on what they would do for that)
--You are seated with another family (the tables seat 10 or 12). The other family were not native English speakers, so I am not sure they understood that tables would be shared. They were seated first and just sat willy nilly around the table (leaving chairs between them), so our servers had to spend a lot of time explaining to them that maybe they should sit together so we could sit together. Awkward!
--Characters do not sign autographs and really you only see them for a few minutes to take pictures (they come next to your table for pictures, but they aren't mingling and having conversations, which they can't talk since they are not face characters), there is no "character parade" or extra interaction time

Pros:
--Food is fresh and tasty
--They keep two sides to the buffet and seatings are limited so there is not a long fight or lines at the buffet
--The Tahitian room is a lovely space (I think a wedding reception would be lovely here)
--Characters are cute and you do get to take pictures with all of them, since there are seating times and the space is confined, it is not random, you know when the characters are coming
--There are a lot of characters...Gru, a few minions, all 3 girls
--It is prepaid (including tip) and not as expensive as some character meals
--It is an easy in and out in terms of time

We enjoyed ourselves and I'm glad we did it as a last day thing, but once was enough, if that makes sense. For us, we really didn't want to go to the parks on our departure day (hard to get the kids out and DH was needing us to leave early ,which is good because our 6.5 hour trip home took 9.5 hours with traffic and stops!) but we wanted something special instead of just driving off, that is just no fun.

Cons:
--The buffet is limited
one side is: bananas, watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes (with peppers and onions), bacon, sausage links, pancakes
Cereals: corn flakes, raisin bran, fruit loops
Pastries: bagels, bread, donut holes (glazed and jelly), 2 mini muffins, 4 danish type items
drinks: coffee, tea, water, milk, orange juice, apple juice
condiments: ketchup, syrup, hot sauce, cream cheese
All items were fresh and tasty, though
(We don't have food restrictions so I can't comment on what they would do for that)
--You are seated with another family (the tables seat 10 or 12). The other family were not native English speakers, so I am not sure they understood that tables would be shared. They were seated first and just sat willy nilly around the table (leaving chairs between them), so our servers had to spend a lot of time explaining to them that maybe they should sit together so we could sit together. Awkward!
--Characters do not sign autographs and really you only see them for a few minutes to take pictures (they come next to your table for pictures, but they aren't mingling and having conversations, which they can't talk since they are not face characters), there is no "character parade" or extra interaction time

Pros:
--Food is fresh and tasty
--They keep two sides to the buffet and seatings are limited so there is not a long fight or lines at the buffet
--The Tahitian room is a lovely space (I think a wedding reception would be lovely here)
--Characters are cute and you do get to take pictures with all of them, since there are seating times and the space is confined, it is not random, you know when the characters are coming
--There are a lot of characters...Gru, a few minions, all 3 girls
--It is prepaid (including tip) and not as expensive as some character meals
--It is an easy in and out in terms of time
Thanks so much for the review!! I am so torn, it does sound nice and it would be relaxing just to do this and head to port but the pull of the parks is also so tempting! Haha the only thing about the food is I imagine the cruise’s breakfast would basically consist of something similar which is what we’re having the next 7 days! Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!