Designers in training..Photoshop elements newbies

Hi. I'm Juliet - not a nurse though. Haha! By day, I work for the state of LA, by free time, I design. I have CS4 and love to do my own clip art...can't stand bad res on downloads so I just recreate it myself. I'm very new to DISboard and the "forum talk" so trying to follow along and understand all the acronyms has been a new challenge. Anyway, how can I get more info and/or join as a DISigner? Thanks!

Se the FAQ sticky and that should give you all that you need. Start a thread with some DISigns and people will be posting request before you know it. I just updated the DISigner listing so I won't be doing that again for a couple months. However, feel free to jump in and start offering DISigns. The best way is to see people request something in a new thread (not a DISigner's thread) and do their request. Have fun. :flower3:

I still dipping my toes in the water. Doing as Penny suggested and just doing request that I think I can do.

Still to scared to start my own thread but so happy for the newbies who have jumped all the way into the DEEP END of the DISign pool!!! HUGS

Hi Guys-
I'm in-I'm working my way through PS10 as well. MusicMouse got me hooked with her beautiful autograph book she made and I vowed to make my own. I've become completely obsessed with digital scrapbooking sites and Disneyana clip art. It's a slow process for me. I think about something I want to do and then get bogged down trying to learn what to do to do what I want. I don't know the proper terms for things and I try to google to get my answers, get frustrated and give up! I have downloaded several "brushes" and "styles" and have no clue how to install them into my PS. I've tried using instructions and I must be doing something wrong. There is so much to learn! Our trip is in January so I have a little time-but time goes by so fast-I have to get moving!

I'm in.

Bought the download from amazon.com last night. Stayed up until past midnight fooling around with it. I used to do a lot of digital scrapbooking with Microsoft Picture-It until MS stopped making it, and I lost all the CDs involved. I want to get back into that, and do some name fills as well.

Once DH gets off the computer.

it is addictive I use to spend hours on here! Had to quit cold turkey for a little while!

I am trying to prepare for our families trip to WDW as well as creating t-shirts for our families Autism Speaks walk in October. How do I make contact with designers?

Thanks so Much,

Jennie

If you check out one of the threads below, it will have a list of different designers, and what they do, plus it will have the link to the specific requests. Some have certain info they need.

Good Luck

Does everyone use Photoshop? I have starting trying on MS word and Publisher but can't get anywhere close to some of the AWESOME designs other can do:eek: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

Does everyone use Photoshop? I have starting trying on MS word and Publisher but can't get anywhere close to some of the AWESOME designs other can do:eek: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

Welcome!

I don't know if any of the DISigners use the full Photo Shop product, which starts at around $600+ and goes up in price as you add on features. It's on my dream list.

Take a look at the fourth post on this sticky (found near the top of this board)
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2430262

Many of the DISigners use Photo Shop Elements (PSE), Paint Shop Pro (PSP) or PhotoImpact (PI) to create their beautiful disigns. All are available for purchase online or you might find them at your local software or office supply store. you can usually find them for under $100 online.

This thread was started to help new DISigners using Photo Shop Elements 10. RustManFan and some others have graciously shared various tips to help us learn the software. :worship:

So I d/l the Elements 10 trial and after 6 hours, I still can't figure out how to make a pluto image I saved on my computer a "background" so I can layer it. Everytime I add it to the project it keeps coming up as an 'index'. I'm so confused. :sad1:

So I d/l the Elements 10 trial and after 6 hours, I still can't figure out how to make a pluto image I saved on my computer a "background" so I can layer it. Everytime I add it to the project it keeps coming up as an 'index'. I'm so confused. :sad1:

I am using Elements 5.0 so I am sure things have changed quite a bit but in mine, this is how you change it.

Up on the top menus, choose Image>Mode>RGB Color. This should change the indexed picture to a picture with RGB color.

I hope this helps!

Hi! Im Katie. Ive been digi-scrapping since about 2007. I took 2 years off while in nursing school but now I'm back at it full force!

There are other programs that people use to scrapbook besides Photoshop. I use Photoshop Elements (which is different from CS4, CS5...) I know some people use a program called Creating Memories and ive heard of a free program called Gimp. I worked with a woman before who used ACeeDeeCee (spelling?). I really only have knowledge with PSE. I started with version 6, upgraded to 8 after nursing school graduation. I recently bought 10 but honestly havnt even installed it yet... From what i can tell from the adobe website there arnt too many changes from one version to the next.

I someone is interested in digi scrapping and has never done so before, i usually start them at scrapgirls.com They have a free e-book about how to get started in digi-scrapping.

When i started i read a book called "the missing manual" it helps a lot but was more geard towards photo editing than scrapbooking.

I recently found a website/forum/store called mousescrappers.com this WHOLE forum is all things disney and scrap booking. They offer links to digi stores, tutorials, templates, and people post their pages for others to view and "scraplift".

If you want to get into scrapping there are THOUSANDS of websites/blogs where people create beautiful kits and templates that you can use not just for disney but anything! And there are tons of freebies around too!

to search freebies try: digiscrapdepot.com

I saw a post where someone had mentioned they had downloaded brushes and scripts/actions. These can be amazing add ons to what PSE can do however, it can be a little challenging trying to install and use these tools especially if you're new to PSE and dont really know your way around the included tools yet.

Hope this helps some of you with questions!! :)

Katie Ann

So after having a few things created I decided to try this whole thing. I downloaded a trial of PSE10 & went at it. I am so stuck & lost :crazy2:. I watched the tutorial that someone had posted, but it only helped a little.

I am doing a name fill and I have the word selected, but I don't see a way to float in PSE10. I am stuck & google hasn't helped. My husband is a graphic designer, but he doesn't use PSE10, so he can't/won't help (unless I start using InDesign).

I am hoping that some super sweet & helpful person on here can tell me what to do next!

Thanks in advance, y'all rock!

Dumb question I'm sure...but How do I save something so it is editable later? everytime I save it merges everything... I'm using paint shop pro at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter