"Designated Waiting Area" for Rider Switch?

wmjeffer

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

On our family's November trip last year, we used the Rider Switch option for a couple rides with my then 2 year old. Thinking ahead to another possible November trip (we're planning slackers!) and I noticed that on the Disney website, they say that the non-riders have to wait in a designated area while the first group rides. Is this a new thing from last fall? Or just an inaccuracy on the website (like 2 v. 3 people)? Or maybe just certain rides? Thanks!

No idea what they are talking about...we were there earlier this month and used rider switch at least 20 times in our 2 weeks. We often used the switch pass on a completely different day than when we received it. The passes are good until the end of the month- we only ran into an issue when we went on May 30, got the switch, and then didn't get back to MK until 2 days later when it was already June!

I think i remember hearing that.. but when we went the riders swap was just a ticket they gave you. You could come back whenever to use it.. it lasted a few days even.

Thank you ladies! I figured it might be one of those website inconsistencies since it didn't work like that last fall. Didn't want to plan on using them if my daughter had to wait for the first set of riders - for a 3yo, a 15 minutes wait could be considered torture :P

I think it is stated like that on the website to show people how it works back to back instead of having to explain that you can come back whenever and then how to do it again. It is easier to explain when you are going on the ride how it works as in 1 2 3.

The last time that we used Rider Switch (Granted, the 'baby' is 13 so it's been a while) Universal Studios DOES have designated waiting areas near the ride exits, but Disney does not.

It is stated on Disney's website, but they should have put a "for example..." type disclosure.

Rider swap passes are good through the end of the month. If you get the switch on September 1, you can use it on September 30. No designated area to wait.

Is rider switch only for children or can it be used for someone in a wheelchair who can't ride all the attractions?

Is rider switch only for children or can it be used for someone in a wheelchair who can't ride all the attractions?

It's intended for kids who are too small, because a parent needs to wait with the kid who can't ride. An adult in a wheelchair doesn't need to be accompanied while waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter