Deposit refund slow walk

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
*8 days ago I was notified that Disney took the contract and I asked for my deposit back. 3 days later (last Friday) I asked again because I hadn’t heard or seen anything. So I’m not sure that process was initiated when I originally asked. That day I got an email notifying me that I would be getting a refund and it would take 5-7 business days. Fine, but that still seems long, and not even a pending deposit yet 5 days later.

This is mostly just a vent. It just feels like it’s being slow walked this time. I probably wouldn’t even think much about it, except the last time I got a refund it was almost instantaneous: I asked for it, and 15 minutes later I had an email notification and a pending deposit on my card. I guess I just don’t get why with one title company I got such a quick refund, but this time it has to take so long. Also, when I put the deposit down last month, then it was really quick (pending deposit within the hour).

*Cue the Cruel Landlord violin music

Disappointing, especially since it's out of your control at this point. Looks like a difference between service levels of the title companies.

Disappointing, especially since it's out of your control at this point. Looks like a difference between service levels of the title companies.
Yep, nothing much to do but wait and whine. It's better to curse the darkness than light a single candle. :p

I just went through something like this and it was not the fault of the title company. They processed the refund, and sent me the receipt last Monday the 18th. I saw the refund as pending on my credit card that day but it dropped off the next day. The refund never went to pending again and It did not post until yesterday the 26th. My credit card is Citi and their policy is that is that it takes 5-7 business days to process a refund. They made sure to take all 7 business days to post the refund to my account. It was super annoying as I could never see a refund was pending or even received. I'm not sure any other credit card companies do it but I wish Citi would at least leave the refund pending.

I just went through something like this and it was not the fault of the title company. They processed the refund, and sent me the receipt last Monday the 18th. I saw the refund as pending on my credit card that day but it dropped off the next day. The refund never went to pending again and It did not post until yesterday the 26th. My credit card is Citi and their policy is that is that it takes 5-7 business days to process a refund. They made sure to take all 7 business days to post the refund to my account. It was super annoying as I could never see a refund was pending or even received. I'm not sure any other credit card companies do it but I wish Citi would at least leave the refund pending.
Good info. I swear though I used the same card last transaction a month prior and it was so much quicker. The only difference was the title company. :confused3

I agree, it's super annoying. I expect that all the sudden it'll just post one of these days. I don't understand why it doesn't show as a pending deposit.

Good info. I swear though I used the same card last transaction a month prior and it was so much quicker. The only difference was the title company. :confused3

I agree, it's super annoying. I expect that all the sudden it'll just post one of these days. I don't understand why it doesn't show as a pending deposit.
I agree that I had a refund post much quicker as well on my same card. The difference was this time was a higher amount and a different company. I'm not sure if the higher amount meant that my bank could take longer or would take longer but last time I believe it took no more than 3 days for my refund to post whereas this time was 8.

I'm going through this right now with the board's sponsor. I sent an email cancelling my signed contract within the 10 days of signing last Thursday and received a response on Friday saying my sales agent was notified of the cancellation notice. I sent a follow up email on Monday morning and the sales agent replied saying received the cancellation request. I sent another follow up on Tuesday morning asking when the refund would be processed or at least sent to the title company to begin that process and no response thus far. I can be a patient person when communication is good, but I get frustrated when I'm not getting answers to my questions. When I cancelled signed offers with another site and title company, I got notice the next business day that was refund was processed with a receipt. This whole process is making me think twice about using the board's sponsor / title company in the future due to the lack of communication when you rescind your offer.

I'm going through this right now with the board's sponsor. I sent an email cancelling my signed contract within the 10 days of signing last Thursday and received a response on Friday saying my sales agent was notified of the cancellation notice. I sent a follow up email on Monday morning and the sales agent replied saying received the cancellation request. I sent another follow up on Tuesday morning asking when the refund would be processed or at least sent to the title company to begin that process and no response thus far. I can be a patient person when communication is good, but I get frustrated when I'm not getting answers to my questions. When I cancelled signed offers with another site and title company, I got notice the next business day that was refund was processed with a receipt. This whole process is making me think twice about using the board's sponsor / title company in the future due to the lack of communication when you rescind your offer.
Got an email this afternoon with the refund receipt from the title company. Took a week from initial email to get the refund processed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter