Deluxe room prices are outrageous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused as to how pool hopping managed to get into a resort pricing thread :lmao:, but the PP's are right. According to the rules 'round here, any discussion of pool hopping takes place on the Pool Use FAQ at the top of this board. And no debate is allowed on that thread, BTW. Any and all arguments on the topic have already been made, many times over, and I don't think anyone particularly wants to hear them again.

Let's please get this thread back on topic. I'd like to keep it open.

It is okay. Not once have I been told no. I never take up "chair" space. Disney is for everyone no matter what you pay!!! I have seen many people do it. It also not any different than going to the beach at Polynesian to watch the fire works or water parade. People on here just want to get things started. I think that why certain people come in here.

Disney is for everyone, everyone who pays for the trip, that is. And certain things come with a cost. The nicer the resort, the nicer the pool. Which is why Disney has signs up stating that you must be a guest of that resort to use the pool. To them, it is different than just taking up space on a beach.

You say you have never been told no. I'd wager you never came out and said "Hey, I'm staying at the Sports resort. Is it ok if I hop in this pool at the Poly?"

If you want to break the rules, that is on you. But please don't post false information that pool hopping is ok, which may get other people who don't know any better into trouble.

And don't think we are the only ones who believe this:http://allears.net/aa/aa022105.htm#ques1

Enough already.

Back ON topic: Deluxe room prices are outrageous!!!

I haven't done the math (yet) but there are only so many WDW Deluxe resorts with only so many rooms.

Let's say it is something like 8,000 rooms - that's almost 3 million room-nights per year. I honestly find it hard to believe there are that many potential WDW guests on the planet willing to pay that much.

Pricing will eventually reach a point where it meets resistance. It will even impact the duration of stays and the time between them. That's why I think at the current levels WDW only needs to experience a few months of reduced demand and those prices will change. Or be offset by increased discounts, but I don't like that....it's like charging $50,000 for a Toyota Camry but giving a $25,000 rebate.

I also wonder what effect all those "phantom" bookings have - you know, people who book a vacation on the hopes of discounts or free dining only to then cancel/modify their reservation.

That's got to give WDW false and inflated demand indicators.

$130 a night for a value resort in January seems kind of ridiculous too. I don't pay it, there's usually a discount to be had if one waits long enough. although now they have me thinking that $100 at Pop Century is a good price. Right now I suppose it is, and it's what I'm doing on the next trip rather than using one Saturday night's worth of DVC points.

Part of the problem is that there are so many fewer options for those of us with 3 kids. We can stay at a family suite, get 2 hopefully-connecting rooms, or stay Deluxe. (My 5'8" son will NOT fit on the Murphy/trundle bed at POR.) The cabins at Fort Wilderness are SO not my idea of a vacation. I realize that others love them. I don't.

I don't want to spend all that money-- it's at least $1200 in airfare just to get us to Orlando-- to stay at a Value. As I stated, my kids are water rats; I want a resort with a good pool.

If there were moderates that would work for my family-- if there were something at POR, for example, that could comfortably sleep 5, then we would give it a try. But there isn't. So, instead, we save for a few years, cross our fingers that we get a discount, and go Deluxe.

Obviously, that's my problem, not Disney's. They're obviously filling their rooms or they would make the changes that would get the rooms filled.

Just an FYI..we were at the BC/YC for dinner at Beaches and Cream..second weekend in Dec. There were many lifeguards at the pool checking people's room key. If you didnt produce a BC or YC room key they asked you to leave the pool area.

If I pay that high price room cost and there isnt room for me at the pool because other non staying guests were using it...well I would be totally ticked off

Well, since the pool hopping discussion continued after my warning, this thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter