Delta online checkin

cinmell

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used Delta online checkin? We're thinking of doing this Friday and I just want to make sure that all I have to do is curbside checkin for luggage and walk to the boarding gate and had them what I printed and walk on the plane. Is this right?

My dh has done it for business once. He checked-in online from his office and then scooted over to Logan. He just had carry-on, so no curbside was needed. Then off to the gate. Let us know how it goes. We all had to get SkyMile numbers so we could do on-line check-in for our Aug. trip.

I believe this is all that is required. This is what I plan on doing for our trip in 10 days!! Just so much easier and no hassle.

Some airports only allow online check-in with carry-on only. Double check with your airport.

But when I go for business travel, I only have carry-on and use online check-in all the time.

However, right now Delta is having a "Kiosk Check-in" promotion so I've been using that lately. 500 extra miles the first check-in, 100 extra miles for up to 5 more check-ins

Not sure of the dates

I was wondering this also, since the traveller is responsible for taking your own luggage to the scanning/x-ray machine then checking it for baggage check-in. This didn't sound like something you can do with curb side check in....wondering how this is handled. The last time I flew was in November, since then you now have to have you checked bags xrayed??? Guess I'll find out in a couple of days.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

delta told me ,that i could check in curbside & then they take your bags from there...and then you go on through the x-ray machine with your carry-on....once you check in curbside---- you are checked in.

i see you live mass, well i was all set to use online check-in and when the 24hours came it popped up that on-line not available for this flight(delta out of logan). Then curbside told us they want to see us inside for this flight, not sure why as kiosk was ok to check in with and we already had seat assignments. Our return flight allowed online checkin.

So you can only online check in if you...

*Curbside check your bags
*Have carry-ons only

Is this right?

If so, that kind of removes the whole convenience of online check in. I know with NWA, you can check in online and if you have to check bags, they have a line just for people who check in online to check their bags at the counter.

you can only do on-line check in with carry on bags.
no checked luggage.

Delta will only allow on-line check-in if you have no bags to check.

On-line check-in works great if you only have carry-ons.

The Skymiles kiosk promotion runs through May 15, 2003. Unfortunately on my last 3 trips with Delta, they seem to be funneling all passengers to the kiosks rather than the ticket counter. So, the kiosk lines have been LOOOONG. I've ended up using the Medallion / First Class Check-in line for the sake of speed. I e-mailed Delta and let them know I wanted to use the kiosk to get the bonus miles but that their new policy (at least in Hartford, LAX, and Tampa) made the kiosk inconvenient. They comped me 1,000 Skymiles, which I thought was very nice of them.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for this post!

We are flying Delta out of Logan on Friday and were thinking about using the the online check-in since our flight is so early. We will have lots of luggage though so I guess we'll just have to stand in line......

-Amy

amy just be prepared to have to go inside like we did at logan. We were unable to use curbside or online with delta at logan.

Originally posted by disnurse
amy just be prepared to have to go inside like we did at logan. We were unable to use curbside or online with delta at logan.

When were you not allowed to do curbside at Logan?

We have always done curbside check in at Logan with Delta and AA. I find this pretty darn convenient so I'm happy.

We've never encountered a long line and we've never been told to go inside and get in the check-in lines in there. We just give the skycap our luggage, eticket, and ID and then he gives us our boarding passes and then we tip him (generously so he'll take care of our luggage!) and then we're off to the gate (after going through security, of course).

Sounds like, at Boston anyway, you can only use the online check-in if you have no luggage to be checked...that will NOT be happening for us any time soon for a trip to WDW (family of 4) for a week!!!

(copied from another forum)

A small number of passengers preselected for a more thorough security check have been denied use of on line check in.

Apparently such preselection occurs randomly and you are sometimes tagged before check in day. FOr those getting a boarding passes at the counter, the boarding passses used to have a red "S" written on them but nowadays they use some symbol or code that is not so blatant to the next person in line.

If I knew in advance that I was going to be searched more thoroughly I would be tempted to use the medallion or premier or elite or first class line and beg that agent to check me in so I avoid the "non-fast-pass" airport check in lines. This will allow more time for the search itself. No guarantee though.

There was one anecdote about a family where only one member, a child under 5, was preselected for a thorough search. (Airport not named.) The searcher (near the X-ray machines?, they didn't say) said loudly and not looking at anybody, "I don't do children" and the search consisted of no more than five seconds of staring at the child. No guarantees for your family, though.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

We were denied on-line check-in and curbside on saturday april 13th. It was a pm flight and the airport was empty. We never had the head to toe search or anything. Never figured out why we had to go inside when we went in we were directed to kiosk and everything was fine.

We used online checkin for our outbound flt last Thurs and it was a pleasure! The kiosks were not available at MCO yesterday, but I was able to bypass the very long line at the tkt counter for a line with one person ahead of me. We only had carry on bags and were directed to the "special" line when I inquired about the kiosks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter