delivery Fee Question

I'm saying that it will go up in the near future. Disney/DVC uses the "frog in hot water" so we accept the changes/cost increases. A small cost now and an increase once get used to it.

:earsboy: Bill
That’s what I thought you meant. And I agree.

I don't see the difference between delivering groceries and delivering luggage. Bell Services are Bell Services...it would be the same as driving to the resort with a large group and having bell services tote the luggage from your car up the stairs (at OKW) to your room. You'd tip them, but the resort wouldn't charge you a fee. Or, if you arrive with groceries in your car, and have them take them from the car to your room, I doubt they'd charge you a fee.

And assuming we all pay for Bell Services base salary through our dues, why isn't DVC exempt? Are they going to start charging us a "check-in fee" for taking up the front desk CMs time next?

Soon, it will be cheaper to rent a car for a day or uber, go have a nice meal offsite (costing Disney money), and go to Publix to pick-up your own groceries.

I think Bell Services may see far fewer tips, as people will assume this charge replaces tipping.

Last edited:
There are some legalities that prevent Disney from charging us to park when using our points. Otherwise, I'm sure they would zap owners along with hotel guests. Parking fees are 100% profit back to Disney.

Delivery of groceries etc to our rooms are outside of a bellhop's normal services rendered which is to move luggage about. Seems to me that Disney may be considering, or has hired an additional person to take care of these deliveries and hence the charge. It would make sense if this position was to be given a unique title to differentiate it from bell services and any confusion caused by what you mentioned.
I think the question is though is 100% bell fee service being charged back to owners or are owners only responsible for the costs not associated with delivering groceries. I find the latter hard to break out so they would maybe treat it like the parking revenue collected on breakage and it is a profit back to the association.

For instance SSR/OKW all rooms being DVC means members pay 100% the cost of the Bell Services so if the members don't see that $6 profit back to them, but see the full 100% cost of bell service, including delivering groceries then it would seem Disney is double dipping, which is perhaps the question @zavandor is asking? Though I think they will charge only the DVC share of bell services less their share of the $6 fee's... Just a thought since they do something similar for revenue on parking.

... if the members don't see that $6 profit back to them, but see the full 100% cost of bell service, including delivering groceries then it would seem Disney is double dipping, which is perhaps the question @zavandor is asking? Though I think they will charge only the DVC share of bell services less their share of the $6 fee's... Just a thought since they do something similar for revenue on parking.
I don't think Disney will be double dipping. Sounds like something being created that will be located at bell services but when delivered, it will be under a different accounting code, one that has the ability to charge accounts for service. Bell services will stay the same, it's just all those long walks or golf cart runs to the rooms with 15 bags of groceries won't be on their to do list anymore.

I don't think Disney will be double dipping. Sounds like something being created that will be located at bell services but when delivered, it will be under a different accounting code, one that has the ability to charge accounts for service. Bell services will stay the same, it's just all those long walks or golf cart runs to the rooms with 15 bags of groceries won't be on their to do list anymore.
I’m not sure they will double dip too. But if they aren’t clear on how they are removing the time spent on delivering groceries from the salary we pay, people will question. Though I agree Disney will either separate the time spent as you suggested (though this is probably significantly burdensome for bell services to keep track of their time to this high of a degree, perhaps they plan on creating a different department specifically only in charge of groceries) or as I suggested through an income line on our dues, just like we see for parking.

I really would like an explanation about how this fee will be managed.
I can see two possibilities:

- The fee is pocketed by Disney. In this case they should explain how they intend to not double dip. Have they hired someone at each resort just to manage deliveries which will not be paid by dues? Will they keep records of how many hours people working at Bell services will spend receiving deliveries and that workforce cost will be deducted from the resort management cost paid by members?

- The fee is not pocketed by Disney but will go into offsetting MF.
But in this case, does it mean we're going to be nickel and dimed from now on? Because if we pay an extra fee for something that is within the normal work made by Bell Services, why not pay separately for other services? Are we going to pay a daily resort fee? Will we have to scan the MB every time we board a bus so they can charge us a ticket? Are we going to pay for the MB we receive at check in? Are we going to pay a check in or an housekeeping fee like with other timeshares? Will the lifeguard at the pools scan the MB to see if we've purchased the "safety package" when rescuing someone, otherwise they'll let us drown? (ok, this is an hyperbole).

Last edited:

Will this fee apply to having your Owner's Locker delivered and picked up. I have a split stay coming up and delivery and transport between resorts could cost me $24.

Will this fee apply to having your Owner's Locker delivered and picked up. I have a split stay coming up and delivery and transport between resorts could cost me $24.
I'm betting there will be some wiggle room on these fees, particularly when the item is only a single tote that has been ready and waiting for your arrival.
Say you were to come in and store your carry ons with Bell services while waiting for your room to be ready. Once the room is ready they'll deliver your luggage stored with them to your room, no fee. If you mention that you have a OL tote there too I'm betting 99/100 times you won't be charged for its delivery. (I may be wrong, but this is what I expect to happen)

When they say per item? With regards to groceries, and if we have a lot how do they determine that or is it $6 for the whole order?

According to the Owners Locker facebook page, the fee doesn't apply to them, but it's Disney and that could change. I don't see them charging the fee when they transfer your luggage between resorts.

When they say per item? With regards to groceries, and if we have a lot how do they determine that or is it $6 for the whole order?
It's a $6 fee per grocery delivery, not per item.

Wait until they tell you to get clean towels you have to bring your dirty towels to a specific location near the front desk on your fourth day.

So does it mean we don't have to tip them when they deliver the grocery to the room? We usually do but now that Disney is charging for it. I wonder if the bell service staffs will actually get less than before.

So does it mean we don't have to tip them when they deliver the grocery to the room? We usually do but now that Disney is charging for it. I wonder if the bell service staffs will actually get less than before.
Bell Services is a tipped position. You need to tip them just like you tipped them before. If you used to give them $1 a bag, you still give them $1 a bag.

is the new delivery fee $6 a bag / package or $6 per delivery? If I order 2 bags / boxes of groceries plus a case of water is it 1 charge for $6 or $18 ($6 per item)??? It does not seem clear to me?

is the new delivery fee $6 a bag / package or $6 per delivery? If I order 2 bags / boxes of groceries plus a case of water is it 1 charge for $6 or $18 ($6 per item)??? It does not seem clear to me?
It's per trip to your room. So say you order 3 cases of water from Nestle Waters and have 4 more bags from Walmart delivered, providing they're all brought to you at the same time it is one $6 fee.

It's per trip to your room. So say you order 3 cases of water from Nestle Waters and have 4 more bags from Walmart delivered, providing they're all brought to you at the same time it is one $6 fee.

thanks for the quick response. Was this confirmed? That does not seem clear from what Disney posted. They specify its per package?

wdw-receiving-mail-fee.jpg

thanks for the quick response. Was this confirmed? That does not seem clear from what Disney posted. They specify its per package?

wdw-receiving-mail-fee.jpg
Disney did not post this at all in response to the grocery delivery. This has been on their website for many years. The blogs/DIS/etc are posting this as an "announcement" from Disney regarding grocery delivery and that is wrong. This has been a policy for a while now and is in relation to mail delivery only and deals with the Front Desk, not Bell Services different parts of the resort. It has little to do with the rumored/reported Grocery Fees as they were exempt previously when this policy was stated before. The only thing updated on that section of the site was an increase in the fee from $5 to $6, literally just that one number. As of right now Garden Grocer (I believe) is the only source that has been stating anything and they said it was per order and would only matter if Bell Services delivered to your room (you picking up at Bell Services would have no fee). Unfortunately until we have first hand reports we won't know how it will work; however, we can safely say that image shared by the blogs isn't accurate.

I don't see the difference between delivering groceries and delivering luggage. Bell Services are Bell Services...it would be the same as driving to the resort with a large group and having bell services tote the luggage from your car up the stairs (at OKW) to your room. You'd tip them, but the resort wouldn't charge you a fee. Or, if you arrive with groceries in your car, and have them take them from the car to your room, I doubt they'd charge you a fee.

And assuming we all pay for Bell Services base salary through our dues, why isn't DVC exempt? Are they going to start charging us a "check-in fee" for taking up the front desk CMs time next?

Soon, it will be cheaper to rent a car for a day or uber, go have a nice meal offsite (costing Disney money), and go to Publix to pick-up your own groceries.

I think Bell Services may see far fewer tips, as people will assume this charge replaces tipping.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-charge-for-bell-service-delivery.3743540/page-11#post-60472704

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter