Delighted yet Disappointed

Thanks for writing back and understanding that all our concerns for you were coming from the heart and NOT a place of judgement. You sound like you have both grown a lot from this relationship and continue to do so.

Know in the future that if you ever need to vent or need an ear..we'll be happy to assist in any way we can!

:grouphug:

Thanks for writing back and understanding that all our concerns for you were coming from the heart and NOT a place of judgement. You sound like you have both grown a lot from this relationship and continue to do so.

Know in the future that if you ever need to vent or need an ear..we'll be happy to assist in any way we can!

:grouphug:

I heartily second that! You won't find a much nicer, kinder bunch of Disney fans than us here on the Disneyland board. :thumbsup2 Good folks over here.

Thanks for writing such a thoughtful, clear post about your family circumstance. I was worried when I read your first one this afternoon- but I can see more clearly now. I hope y'all can continue to work on your relationship so that it can be more equitable, and poutiness is fleeting.

Best of luck to you all- I'm glad that overall your family enjoyed the special DREAM trip!

I'm sorry the party was such a disappointment!! I had read all your posts on here about it, and knew you guys were so excited for it. I'm so surprised that they didn't have anything special for it. Did they have any "rare" characters out for it, like they do for the WDW special-ticketed parties?

Yes, there were a few rare characters! King Louis, Baloo, Pirate Goofy, plus the fab 5 and all the princess, Capt. Jack, and perhaps a few I didn't see. Here are some pics:
KingLouis.jpg
Baloo.jpg

princesses.jpg

DLRMagicMaker5-8-08035-1-1.jpg
DLRMagicMaker5-8-08038-1-1.jpg

DLRMagicMaker5-8-08012-1-1.jpg
Pluto.jpg

Mickey.jpg
Minnie.jpg

I totally understand you sweetbrat, my hubby is the same way.... hes not verbally or physically abusive but hes a whinner and takes hissy fits!!! :laughing: he would to the same thing if i wanted to do something go somewhere or do something he would take a hissy fit, and i like you would choose not to deal with it at disneyland as we are there for fun!! I uset o be like fine we won't go there blh blh blh but now when we are at home i just tell him i'm doing this you don't like it go and sulk over there lol!!!!!! :rotfl: I'm just lucky that my hubby knows how much i love disney and i know so much about it that he would just back down and let me take total control over the trip!! But i could totally see him trying to be like i don't want to eat here or now i wanna do this... and i would be like :rolleyes1 ok... lets do that just to make him " think" he had a little say in what we were doing, which at disneyland he wouldn't :laughing: ....... I totally understand where your coming from my hubby is the same he comes from a diffrent country and they do things diffrently there........ the first little while i was more ok go with the flow but now i'm like buddy your in canada now and things work diffrently, and slowley but surelly they come around, you can't expect a 360 in a day!!!!

Yes, there were a few rare characters! King Louis, Baloo, Pirate Goofy, plus the fab 5 and all the princess, Capt. Jack, and perhaps a few I didn't see.

My older kids said they saw Capt Jack Sparrow and had pix taken with him. We also saw Buzz Lightyear, Stitch, Mickey (Minnie came out as we were leaving to replace Mickey so we missed her), Donald (Pluto came out as we were leaving to replace Donald so we missed him), and there were some princesses out. That was who we encountered. My son, Levi, really wanted to meet Chip N Dale and Pluto, but the lines were too long for him to make it through again to meet Pluto. Never did see Chip N Dale and we could not afford the character breakfast like I was hoping. But that just gives us something to hope for NEXT time.

It was much the same as when the park was open during the daytime, only not the long lines for all the rides. They had most of the shops and rides open. It was very nice to walk on the rides for the most part. However, it was so late that my little ones were already tired and then when there was no cake or party like they were expecting from the build up...we took them on a few rides and then had to carry them back to the hotel. It kind of reminded me of Grad Night at Disneyland.

I did not expect us to win anything else, for us just the trip was so special. But I honestly wanted to hear who won and what their special story was. I feel confident there were people there who had MUCH greater needs of dreams to be fulfilled.

To be honest, it seemed like my little kids were more excited about the "magic" the hotel made for them with the autographed pix and balloons than anything else about the trip! They also LOVED the waterfalls.

The CMs were all very friendly and helpful nonetheless. Yes, we met a couple on the trip who were not cheerful, but most of them were incredibly helpful and delightful. I was shocked to read differently. My three year old keeps trying to do all the dance moves she saw in the parade. LOL!

For me, it was fun to see my kids react to meeting Mickey. And watching my seven year old on Star Tours, since being a Jedi has been his thing for many years.

You know, my DBF is similar to your dh. On one of our last trips he threw a hissy fit so the girls and I just left him alone, after a couple hours of solo time he was "all better" and we were able to enjoy the rest of our day. :)

I'm also glad that you and your dh seem to be in a good place together with a solid understanding. I hope you know that we all consider this a "family" of friends and that is where our concerns come from, none of us are judging you, we all have to make our own decisions. But we do want you to know we are here for you if you need anything. :)

Ohhh I definitely did not take offensive any of the concern expressed in this thread. With so many people trapped in abuse that need support to get out of it...I think it is AWESOME that y'all were so tender and concerned.

This board is really a sweet blessing. It helped us meet budget for one. And next time, I will know so much more about planning out our visits to attractions.

Also, Suisun City is close to me (we have some really good friends that live over there). In fact, this weekend I am moving from Vacaville to Fairfield.

So back to packing up our house...blessings to all of you!!!

I have lived in both VV and FF. :) I love Suisun though, even though it's the same it's still different. kwim? Have fun (???) moving. LOL

So many DISer's from our area!!!!! (I'm in Fairfield) Hmmmm... Maybe we should plan a Solano County trip and caravan down together! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter