delete

The lights are so gorgeous!! The canopy looks absolutely amazing! Christmas at Disney World is so amazing. I'm so sad I didn't make it to the lights in January...I know I made the right decision to get sleep before the half marathon...but your pictures made me super jealous!!

The lights are so gorgeous!! The canopy looks absolutely amazing! Christmas at Disney World is so amazing. I'm so sad I didn't make it to the lights in January...I know I made the right decision to get sleep before the half marathon...but your pictures made me super jealous!!

With as early as you were up, I'd say you DEFINITELY made the right choice then. :rotfl: I do so love these lights though. You've got to check them out someday. :thumbsup2

The next day was planned to be mini-golf day. As always, we didn’t stick to the plans. Instead, we all slept super late and decided to skip it. We could always come back later for this, and no one was terribly bothered. Besides, I had a few stops to make in Tampa on our way home, and Andrew was back to school the next day. His winter break wouldn’t be starting until the next week.

After our lazy beginning and some breakfast, we did take some time to explore Pop Century. It was a perfect opportunity for the boys to run free and burn some energy before the drive home.

CIMG6014.jpg

Andrew was taking his picture. :)

CIMG6016.jpg

CIMG6019.jpg

It also gave the adults a rare chance to walk hand-in-hand and a moment to discuss our Disney future. Had we not dealt with so many issues on our last Pop stay, I know we would’ve already had APs on this trip. Having a few freebie days tucked away at home made putting those off a little easier. (I totally left out the part where we picked up the ticket I had to buy at DTD, didn't I?)

Oddly, we would leave Disney happy to be AP-free this time and not going back soon. Life changed so much when Andrew started school and the break was really needed. We made our temporary plan to hold off until the boys’ birthdays the next June. We weren’t even planning APs for then at the time!

We all know this didn’t exactly work as planned. :lmao: (Shocking, I know!)

CIMG6023.jpg

How thrilled is Blake to have found the potato heads?? Haha!!

CIMG6026.jpg

CIMG6029.jpg

When Andrew wasn’t quite two years old (BB = "Before Blake" Days ;) ), I told him to stop growing. He was just breaking my heart and he needed to stay small instead. Andrew replied, “But I have to grow up, mommy!”

But, my sweet boy, you’re doing it way too fast for me! I can't help but remember that moment when I look at this one. He looks so big in this picture!

CIMG6038.jpg

We walked. We talked. We all had a pleasant, uneventful goodbye to Pop Century. For the first time ever, we even walked across that bridge.

CIMG6040.jpg

CIMG6045.jpg

The bridge was taken over by birds and needed cleaned. “Very badly,” as the boys would say. It was pretty gross. We did enjoy peeking at the progress of the new resort anyway. I’d love to stay there but I doubt we ever try the family suites. They just seem to pricey for what they are. Maybe the mermaid rooms later on. :)

CIMG6046.jpg

CIMG6051.jpg

CIMG6053.jpg

CIMG6057.jpg

CIMG6066.jpg

The End!

Hooray for updates on boring days at work! :rotfl:

What a nice, relaxing end to your weekend. It is so much fun to explore Pop!

I love Blake's arms up in the air when he found the potato heads.

I totally agree about the familiy suites. I would have loved to try Art of Animation in July, but the Mermaid rooms won't be ready. Oh well, something to look forward to in the future!

Hooray for updates on boring days at work! :rotfl:

What a nice, relaxing end to your weekend. It is so much fun to explore Pop!

I love Blake's arms up in the air when he found the potato heads.

I totally agree about the familiy suites. I would have loved to try Art of Animation in July, but the Mermaid rooms won't be ready. Oh well, something to look forward to in the future!

I'm hoping to possibly work the Mermaid room into our Christmas visit this year. I forget when they'll be finished? I'm assuming the bridge will be open between there and Pop, right? I really just want to see the place more than anything else. The rooms aren't that exciting to me.

I think the plans you have right now are awesome though! :thumbsup2 We'll be checking out those royal rooms at POR in just 36 days! (I think. My counting could be off. :rolleyes1) We're in planning mode for the boys' birthday now and can't wait! I'm dealing with the same cake battle yet again. Do I or don't I? :lmao: Oh well. It'll all work out. Right now I'm stressing over what John and I will do when the boys go to the Neverland Club at the Poly. :confused3 Planning is half the fun, right? (Even if you don't stick to it!)

Great report, as always!

I totally agree with you about the Osbourne lights! Well worth the admission. That is why I completely can't give up I getting passes. We will be back a Christmas time!

Nice walk-around of Pop Century! Always nice to have some time to do that and to visit the good ol' Potato Heads.

That's awesome that your stay in the Royal Rooms is coming up so soon! :cool1:

I hope you will be doing a new trip report for us to read??

Are you starting your annual passes for the boys' birthdays? These few weeks will go really quick.

Yes to a cake!

Planning is so much fun. Just wish I wasn't planning for so long away!

Great report, as always!

I totally agree with you about the Osbourne lights! Well worth the admission. That is why I completely can't give up I getting passes. We will be back a Christmas time!

Christmas has got to be the toughest time to try to skip the parks. Glad you're not going to give it up! I missed Disney enough when we didn't get to see the Halloween decorations last year. :( We were sooo close to getting them in October. :laughing:

Nice walk-around of Pop Century! Always nice to have some time to do that and to visit the good ol' Potato Heads.

That's awesome that your stay in the Royal Rooms is coming up so soon! :cool1:

It's super close! We're going to try to avoid going to WDW in May and wait until their birthday trip to go back. I don't know why, but it seemed like a good idea last night. Blake and I are making a countdown calendar today! :yay:

I hope you will be doing a new trip report for us to read??

Are you starting your annual passes for the boys' birthdays? These few weeks will go really quick.

Yes to a cake!

Planning is so much fun. Just wish I wasn't planning for so long away!

I'm kinda divided on a new TR. We've done some fun new things, but a lot is the same. I haven't exactly been taking the same detailed notes about our visits either. :rolleyes1 I'm not in a rush to start one, but I'm sure I'll miss doing this soon enough.

We started our APs in February! :cool2: Waiting until June would've been crazy tough after John got me the exchange cards for Valentine's Day. I didn't last very long at all. We've done seven days on our new set already!

Still thinking about that cake! We're not really eating anywhere that I'd order one (ADRs @ Sci-Fi & T-Rex right now), so I'm looking into getting it/them at the resort perhaps. Hoping to discuss this with John tonight! :thumbsup2

Anyone still interested in another year of Andy-Roo and Blakers?? We are just about a week away from the big birthday trip for 2012! If there's interest, I'm thinking about starting year three when we're back. Any title ideas? :confused3

I'm currently in cake mode.. again! I think we're definitely going with a Disney cake this year, but I've been a little lost on what to order. Tonight, I was considering a basic cake, with lots of Mickey sprinkles, and adding some figurines myself that the boys could keep. :confused: I'm calling tomorrow anyway.

My searching did bring me to these..

Disney Showcase Collection Mickey Mouse Birthday Figurine

Sooo cute!! I wish I'd found them about six years ago! :laughing: I doubt I start anything like it now. It would seem a little odd with the boys turning 4 and 6 this year. Anyway... I do know there are at least two of you out there with, or soon to be with, teeny ones. I thought I'd share in case you'd never noticed them and might be interested in starting something. ;)

Back to trip planning.. :surfweb:

I for one would love to read about another year with your family. I am at WDW right now and tried CHH on your recommendation. My DNiece6 and I really enjoyed it. She had the kids tuna and I had the shrimp basket. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time and were lucky enough to be upgraded to one of the newly refurbed rooms with an awesome view of the fireworks from MK. I can hardly drag her away from the resort there is si much to do here.

Anyone still interested in another year of Andy-Roo and Blakers?? We are just about a week away from the big birthday trip for 2012! If there's interest, I'm thinking about starting year three when we're back. Any title ideas? :confused3
I am!! I am!! I was just thinking yesterday about how much I miss your updates! This post brought me great joy as I fed Caden his morning feeding (which was two hours earlier than normal so I needed a little joy)

I'm currently in cake mode.. again! I think we're definitely going with a Disney cake this year, but I've been a little lost on what to order. Tonight, I was considering a basic cake, with lots of Mickey sprinkles, and adding some figurines myself that the boys could keep. :confused: I'm calling tomorrow anyway.

My searching did bring me to these..

Disney Showcase Collection Mickey Mouse Birthday Figurine

Sooo cute!! I wish I'd found them about six years ago! :laughing: I doubt I start anything like it now. It would seem a little odd with the boys turning 4 and 6 this year. Anyway... I do know there are at least two of you out there with, or soon to be with, teeny ones. I thought I'd share in case you'd never noticed them and might be interested in starting something. ;)

Back to trip planning.. :surfweb:

Thanks! I actually found these while nesting and intended on getting them for Caden and totally forgot! Thanks for the reminder! Gonna go order the 0 now!
My mom got me "birthday girls" while I was growing up. Same concept but not Disney. I loved that I could do the same for my boy :)

You know I'll be there for year 3 of your adventures! Looking forward to it!

I can't believe its already birthday month in your house!

I for one would love to read about another year with your family. I am at WDW right now and tried CHH on your recommendation. My DNiece6 and I really enjoyed it. She had the kids tuna and I had the shrimp basket. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time and were lucky enough to be upgraded to one of the newly refurbed rooms with an awesome view of the fireworks from MK. I can hardly drag her away from the resort there is si much to do here.

Lucky!! That sounds amazing! I can't imagine why she doesn't want to leave the resort. :laughing: Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous and a view like that must be incredible. I'm super jealous!

Glad you both liked CHH! I miss that place, but wish they'd left the kids' mixed greens on the menu. The boys aren't big tuna fans, so I doubt you'll see it as much in the next TR. :sad1: I still don't understand why they'd take it away, when there are two (I think?) salads on the adult menu. Oh well.

Yes! I love reading about your adventures. Let me know if you change pages :)

Will do! I'm planning to start another and ask for this one to be closed whenever I get to it.

Excited to see your ticker, btw! You're staying at AoA?? What rooms? The boys would be so jealous! I'll never be able to justify the "cool rooms" (their words!) in my head, but we'll try the Little Mermaid rooms eventually. That resort looks like kid heaven. Planning a TR? Pretty please? ;)

Thanks! I actually found these while nesting and intended on getting them for Caden and totally forgot! Thanks for the reminder! Gonna go order the 0 now!
My mom got me "birthday girls" while I was growing up. Same concept but not Disney. I loved that I could do the same for my boy :)

Yay! I'm happy to spread some joy, especially during a way-too-early feeding! I can't say that I miss that part much. Blake was an every two hours kind of guy, round the clock. I really don't think I left the couch for the first five months. :headache: I hope Caden is letting you get some rest!

The Mickey figurines were just too cute not to share with someone. Glad I reminded you! My mother did something like this with Care Bear for me for a few years. I only have the six now though. :sad1: I'll add this to the MANY things I wish I'd thought about before with my boys. Caden should love these. The five and eight were my favorites. :thumbsup2

You know I'll be there for year 3 of your adventures! Looking forward to it!

I can't believe its already birthday month in your house!

Wild, isn't it? The big day is just a week away! Time goes way too fast! I feel like I was just crying over three and five. Now six and four?? :sad: Today was Andrew's K-Celebration, too. ("not a graduation" kindergarten graduation) Where did the year go?

I'm so excited to go back to WDW!! :yay::yay: We haven't been since April!

The Mickey figurines are very cute!
I would love to continue to read about your WDW adventures!

Just got back from out of town (not Disney, Canada) and saw your post. Yay for another year of Disney! Of course, I'm on board for year 3!

Thanks for the link about the Mickey figurines. I was unaware of them, but what a great idea! Dug Baby needs plenty of Disney in her life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter