Delete

Just found your PJ. Congrats. Your engagement story is so romantic. I didn't even know they did private dinners like that. What a catch you have!!!! You two are adorable.

Oh, and your venue is stunning! It's gorgeous! Can't wait to read more and good luck dress shopping (oh, and sam was right, I went in thinking I wanted one style and fell in love with something completely different) but your inspiration dresses are gorgeous, you have wonderful taste

Your engagement story is so sweet! I love that he threw you off like that and then did the romantic dinner for 2. Disney is the best place to get engaged. I heard good things about where youa re getting married and it is really beautiful. I was also dress shopping in NYC today! I found my dress at RK Bridal-its a maggie sottero-really would love an oscar dress(i love his dresses) but on a budget:sad2: I heard that Bergdorfs is like that also but who knows. I love their shoe department and the sales people there are always very nice. I work across the street and it is such a tease! :rotfl: Well very excited and hope you found your dress!

oooh gosh i hope you manage to sneek a few peeky photos from your dress shopping - you ideas / inspirations for dresses is out of this world. It you want to do it big- YOUR dream dress ideas is the biggest it can get!!

Wow!! Now this dress i cannot wait to see!! :cool1: i loveeee big dresses!!

OMG, how did I miss the rest of your engagment story?!?!?! Soooo cute!!! Your ring is beautiful, and your venue is awesome!!!!!

I love all the dresses you picked out too! When you mentioned snooty Vera Wang dress consultants, I thought of the quote from Bride Wars: "You don't alter Vera to fit you... you alter yourself to fit Vera!":rotfl:

Hope dress shopping went well! And hope you bring back pics!

Hey Jenna! How was dress shopping? Find anything you loved?? Hope you and your mom had a great time:goodvibes

Hi Sam!! Ohh what a weekend...:lmao:

I'm going to start the post with some pics (however none of me...yes my snooty fears were confirmed :confused3) of dresses I tried on once I get home. Did you know that people still "brunch" at 3:00 in the afternoon?? :rotfl:

haha 3pm is totally way past brunch IMO. And it is actually almost dinnertime if you live with my nana lol!

I cant wait to see pics:goodvibes

Hey look at the bright side, you get to go have brunch again lol!:lmao:. I am a fan of breakfast food any time of day:woohoo:. The dresses you picked were great, too bad about the pricey one... but you will def find something similar and better for wayyyyy less money. My prediction is that you will find something on your next shopping trip with your mom. I am Pyshic Sam today and that is what I see in your future lol!

:sad1:Aww Jenna, I am so sorry to hear all of that:hug:. Let me know if you need anything:flower3: I know all of this can seem very frusterating, but maybe it will let you both explore options for a little while. And you still have 3 months so maybe a little bit of pixie dust will make its way toward you guys in that time.

I do see you fathers point about not wanting you to start out with any debt, as a a person who had a lot of school loans and other debt (lonnng story) I can vouch that it is better to avoid it if at all possible. He is just looking out for your best interest and I know it may seem not so nice or fair, but I think he is only doing it because he cares about you so much.

And you should have your dream wedding, even if it means waiting a few more months, (hopefully you won't have to though, I will keep my fingers crossed for you both). The economy is terrible right now and it can be tricky to move about with all that uncertainty in the country right now. I totally can relate to all the worries you have right now. Let me know if you need anything:hug:

oh hun, im so sorry to hear the stressful situation your under :sad2: , times are so tough right now it is a struggle to decide whats best...i hope your fiance does find a job and you do have time so there is always hope, you just have to keep pushing through the next few months with hope and of course pixi dust :wizard: because thats what we all use around here! if for some reason you end up having to postpone the wedding maybe it will be for the best (for some unknown reason you cant see yet) but you cant think that way until july

what matters is you have your dream wedding and you and tony are happy together

I'm new to this world of disboards & I just read your story tonight. I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through! I understand how difficult it can be with lossing a job as I know so many people going through it right now. It takes a toll on you, but you have to some how remain positive & remember the love you have for one another. I'm a believer that things happen for a reson & that things will work out in the end.

I wish you the best!

Hi Jenna! I just found your PJ and read through the whole thing! First off you and DF are so cute together and I just love your story! The venue you have picked is so charming and yet glam all at the same time.

I love the pic of the first black dress you posted... I think it is soooo stunning- now if you could just find it in white:lovestruc. Doesn't sound like you found your dress on your first shopping day but sounds like an amazing experience going to all those lovely snooty shops that I would be too scared to set foot in:lmao: Tell me more about the trunk shows... I am in love with a Ramona Keveza dress and there is a Ramona trunk show at the end of the month here in Minneapolis and I think I'm going to go but don't know anything about trunk shows and am wondering what to expect:confused3

Lastly so sorry to hear about DF's job situation and that it may potentially delay the wedding. I knew I would be getting laid off from my job here :scared: but was lucky enough to find a new job 2 days before it actually happened- However my new job isn't full time (only 32hrs/wk) and DF is in grad school for anesthesia and is unable to work during his program (they put in 60+ hrs a week just for the program) so we are waiting til he graduates to get married... he's worth the wait though! Hang in there... love has a way of working itself out:flower3:

haven't been on in a while and jsut wanted to catch up on some PJ's.

I am soo sorry that you have to go through all of this. :hug: Even though I hate to admit our parents have our best in mind. Keep looking and maybe something will open up to you. I believe that things do happen for a reason and your right maybe it's so you can have a DFTW. That would be AMAZING!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter