Deciding on which tour at the Kualoa Ranch

Nalshersmom

Mouseketeer
Hi We currently have the package booked for June that includes the regular movie tour, the Jeep tour, the taste of Kuoloa, and the buffet lunch scheduled for June. I am now considering changing it to the Premiere Movie tour that takes 2.5 hours. They are about the same price. Our kids are 9, 11, and 13. This is during our Waikiki part of our trip. Has anyone taken both tours to compare? Thanks!

Following along as we are debating this also, except it's just us. The kids are staying here with friends since it's our 10 year anniversary.

We are trying to decide what to do there, also. We have an older teen so was thinking the 1 hour atv, Jeep and ocean voyage. It does seem like everyone talks about the premier movie tour.

I can't compare, but we loved the Premier Movie Tour. You're in an air conditioned van and its only about 12 passengers from what I recall. They provide you water and snacks. Since its a small group, you can stop and get out when you want and take as long as you want at each stop. When we were at the famous Jurassic Park log, one of the school buses from the regular movie tour pulled up and their guide was ushering them along pretty quickly to get all their photos in. They were definitely more pressed for time. I think our guide also had more freedom - we were there when they were filming Jumanji 2, and our guide drove us up near the set and let us sit for a few minutes to watch the crew at work. I doubt the regular movie tour would have had time for that.

Being able to go inside the Indominous Rex pen from Jurassic World was very cool, and just as I remembered it from the movie. Since we were there, they've added new sites and props to the tour as well.

I will caution that many of the sites on the tour were pieces of land or sections of jungle where a movie was filmed, but in the movie it was significantly altered or had CGI added post-production. In other words, some of the sites were unrecognizable. I wasn't familiar with some of the movies, but in the van they play clips from the movie as you pull up to the site to give some context which was helpful.

We did the buffet lunch on our own after the tour was over, which was very good. I believe our tour was at 9:15am, and we had to be there at 8:30 to check-in. We left Aulani at 6:45am which worked out just about right for traffic. Coming from Waikiki, its a shorter commute going against traffic for part of it so I would think allowing an hour would be sufficient. I will say that once we were done with the tour and lunch, we were ready to move on. We had seen most of the ranch at that point. I was glad we didn't schedule an afternoon tour as well. It would have made for a very long day, and we would have caught traffic on the way back.

We have been twice. The first time we did the horseback tour, the regular movie tour and the ocean voyage. The second time we took the kids and only did one tour and decided to do the Ocean voyage. We were considering the UTV tour but I didn't want to spend the money. All the tours we did were good, I think the only ones I wouldn't suggest is the hidden beach and the fish pond...seems like you can access a beach all over the place without paying money like that tour. The ocean voyage tour crosses the fish pond in a small boat and then you walk to the hidden beach to get on the catamaran so you get to see both from that tour.

We did the Premiere Movie Tour and as @nkereina described, you have more time and access to the locations. The Indominous Rex pen was our family's favorite area. You can stand in the viewing area and also go inside the pen. We also saw areas from the Kong movie. If you're a fan of LOST then you'll see some props/areas from that show. We did the morning tour and had a wonderful guide. We didn't eat at Kualoa but stopped at a shrimp truck.

Thank y'all! I think I am going to call and try to change my tours. I have been following TripAdvisor and have only read good things about the Premiere tour. I have read good things about the Jeep tour and lunch but medrocre reviews on the taste tour and regular movie tour.

I officially changed my tour. The price went up April 1st, so I have to pay a little more. I will let y'all know when I get back in June if our family thinks it is worth the cost

I officially changed my tour. The price went up April 1st, so I have to pay a little more. I will let y'all know when I get back in June if our family thinks it is worth the cost
Thanks. I appreciate you letting us know. We won’t be there until May 2020 so I’m just researching at this point.

We are considering doing either the Premiere MovieTour or the longer UTV tour with me family this summer. Has anybody done both of these and what are your thoughts on which one is better?

I think if you do a movie tour and the Jeep tour, you’ll be getting repeats. The Jeep tour doesn’t do a ton of movie sites, but it does some. We took the Jeep tour in March with our 8 and 4 year olds. They loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter