decent steak?

Tallent

DIS Veteran
I'm not looking for the BEST steak but my son (13) loves steak and I'd love to take him for a decent one. Nothing fancy like Yachtsman--did Coral Reef last year and we'll pass on that this year.

Thanks!

The best syeak I have had at Disney was at Trattoria al Forno at The Boardwalk. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was since it is an Italian restaurant.

My dad thought the steak at Raglan Road was the best of the trip last time we went together (2017).

Disney really does not do steak very well. I have eaten steak at most of the signatures and I have not been impressed. The typical Disney steak isn't as good as Outback IMO. If I had to choose the best steak I have had at Disney i would have to say "Rose and Crow". But even with it being decent, Outback is still better.

Unless there is nothing on the menu that I want to adventure into I do not get the steak at Disney any more. Disney does a lot of things well, but preparing steak (and Pizza) are not one of them.

As far as Disney owned is concerned most non-signature has the same steak made slightly different and all are about the same price if not the exact same. Check out the menus see which place fits what your taste... With all places it can be hit and miss but I can not say i ever had a bad one at Disney as in the end they are all the same cut of meat. As person above said they are more of Outback quality but not that far off from the outback price either when you get the same cut of meat. If you want to venture to non Disney owned in Disney Springs you will have more choices as far as quality and price.

I'll add another ditto to the Mama Melrose steak. My wife insists on eating there every time we go, just for that steak.

I've always loved the steak at Teppan Edo but it's not exactly like ordering a "steak" given how it's cooked. But it's pretty good quality.

Turf Club at Saratoga Springs has a very good steak that's in the $35 price range and comes with mashed potatoes and asparagus. This restaurant is almost a hidden gem as it's very easy to get a last minute reservation or even walk up and be able to grab something to eat. Only downfall is that it's at Saratoga Spring which isn't the easiest resort to get to. It's still worth a trip IMO.

I would also go with Mama Melrose - their steak is seasoned very nicely and comes with an amazing mac and cheese with pancetta. The Boathouse also has great steak and is a more casual atmosphere with a variety of price points on their vast menu; we especially liked eating outside on their deck.

I agree with a PP that most non-signature restaurants have a similar strip steak. Each has a different flavoured steak butter or sauce to try to personalize it.

Mama Melrose is good. Olivia's is very good as well.

Another vote for Mama Melrose. I ordered it medium, and i could cut it with my fork. It was very nice.

And if you make it part of the Fantasmic! package, then you get seating in the center section for the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter