Decent restaurants for dinner off property

keatonsmommy03

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for dinner off property. It will just be me and my daughter who is 4 so I wanted to stay away from fast food and places like chilis and olive garden. We will have a rental car so distance is not too much of a factor. I know that there is a sweet tomatoes close and plan on going there. I am just looking for places for about $20 or under or where we could share a meal. Nothing too fancy, just not McD. You know somewhere in the middle.

TIA

How about CiCi's Pizza? Or Miami Subs (if they are still there). I used to live in FL and loved that place. Bahama Breeze is pretty tasty too.

Hopefully someone else will chime in!

Near DTD is a Sweet Tomatoes.
I think kids are less than $5, at least they were in Sept

There is a Perkins nearby DTD, kinda old.

This will only be a little help, but I saw something (maybe here) about a kids eat free card. My kids are 14 & 18, so I didn't pay too much attention. Maybe someone else will know about it.

I found the thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2432200&highlight=kids

I have CiCi's by me and the food is pretty good. It's a buffet with pizza, salad, dessert pizza, and some soup and or pasta. My cost runs from $4.99-$6.99 depending on if they are running a sale.

I think there's still a Bob Evans on Hwy 192 near the south gate. There's a Golden Corral buffet restaurant along there, too, and probably anything else you can think of.

Funny- Sweet Tomatoes was my first thought!

Mimi's Cafe is one of our favorites! (we do not have one in our state) check out their website

There is also several Ale Houses close by. They have great salads and are pretty popular.

The kids meals came with a delicious smoothie. We have always had good meals and quick service.

We love Sweet Tomatoes. There is one at Crossroads and one on I-Drive.

We like Flippers for pizza and sandwiches. There is one of those at Crossroads, one at Old Town and one on 192 West in the Target shopping center.

A lot of people like Giordano's. I haven't been there for a few years personally. They are in Formosa Gardens center on 192 W.

We like the Chinese restaurant in Formosa Gardens also. Not sure of the name.

We usually eat at the Perkins on 192 each trip also. Food, service and prices are all decent.

We like Flippers for pizza and sandwiches. There is one of those at Crossroads, one at Old Town and one on 192 West in the Target shopping center.
we LOVE flippers (the one in crossroads)!!
we manage to eat there at least every other day, every trip :) the food is excellent, prices very reasonable, friendly service, and very clean.
we were very disappointed by cici's - the people were nice, but the food ranged from bland to gross (skim on soups, cold pizza with reheated glops of cheese.), and dirty. price was low, but we wouldn't go back even if they gave us money :eek:

Cici's would be the last place I would eat during a Disney vacation-yuck.

We normally find ourselves at Giordano's(usually 1st and last night). We also eat at Logan's Roadhouse on 192, and Olive Garden. A Cracker Barrel visit usually happens. For breakfast, we have done the Ponderosa $3.99-$4.99 thing, it's not bad.

We love Cicis and with coupons have fed 7 people for $45 with drinks can't beat that. The best tip and I am quite sure I got it from the Dis was that you can order a pizza as you like.......so we do....and they are so much better and hot than what they put out- you go up and tell them exactly what you want and they give you a number and will bring it out to you when it is ready- can order the exact amount of slices you want- the pizzas end up with a lot more on them then what they put on the buffet. We have been to several different ones and there are some that are gross and dirty but there are some very nice and clean too. Sign up online for their cicis club or whatever they call it and you will get better coupons then what you can find in the tourist books.

Cici's would be the last place I would eat during a Disney vacation-yuck.

We love Cicis

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say I love it, but I found Cici's to be perfectly acceptable for the price. I love a great pizza and this isn't it but for what they charge, I'm fine with it. We go to the one on 192 W. where the minigolf is. We've been there twice in the past 2 years and had no problems. I like the variety, being able to have several different types of pizza at once. And their dessert pizzas were surprisingly good. I was expecting something basic but the cheese danish pizza or apple one are great IMO. The brownies aren't the best though.

YES, Sweet Tomatoes and Ale House are great!

We enjoyed MiMi's in California. Where is there one near WDW?

Honestly-after a dozen + trips to WDW-driving off property takes forever and the $5 cheaper entree simply isnt worth it -for us.

I go to WDW to chill, relax and have fun-not drive those sometimes confusing highways to exit-and if you take the wrong turn, takes forever to come back

I'd just go to DTD- and eat something nice-like At House Of Blues!:thumbsup2

Honestly-after a dozen + trips to WDW-driving off property takes forever

I'll respectfully disagree with this. Driving from one end of Disney property to the other can take a lot longer and be a lot more confusing then zipping off to Crossroads or 192 for a reasonably priced meal. Crossroads is literally across the street from Disney property. Pretty much impossible to get lost doing that. And in no more than 10 minutes tops, you can be at any of dozens of places on 192. If you enter and exit property via Sherbeth Road, there are no highways to deal with, no cloverleafs or major intersections.

We really like the Market Street Cafe in downtown Celebration (across from the lake). Nice upscale diner atmosphere and great menu (creative American). Breakfast was especially good.

How about Panera bread or chipotle? I know the chipotle by us has a cute kid's meal.

I know it's fast food, but I really like chickfila. DH is borderline diabetic, but his nutritionist had no problem with an 8 count of nuggets and a side salad or bowl of fruit. I also really like their grilled chicken sandwich. I eat fast without feeling gross :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter