December UY

We are in a similar situation (with added March travel dates) and chose December. Only bummer is the rare thanksgiving trip could get goofed.

If probably travel December to May, is December a good UY?
I'd get October, September or even August. That way, if I needed to, I could start my trip in late November (I like early December stays, but often arrive during the last days of November). Booking across use years is a pain, and puts the points used for November at serious risk if you need to cancel the trip. It can also impede walking if you need to do that.

Both September & October "protect" the May trips, and even August gives you quite a bit of protection. Remember, you need to cancel at least 31 days in advance to avoid the holding account.

I don't know about you, but I like traveling to Florida in October & November a whole lot more than June or July. I'm very happy with my August use year.

Understanding Use Year

Last edited:

We picked the December use year, because we aren’t likely to travel September to November. My time off work has 2 fixed weeks at the end of December, so being able to book those weeks was important to us. Our second travel time is July/August, so this seemed to work best for us. Every use year is perfect for somebody.

We picked December and it works well for us. We like to go in December, and we also like to go during baseball spring training.

If probably travel December to May, is December a good UY?
This is my preferred use year as well, and that's generally when we travel. We have school aged kids, so it covers Christmas, March break, Easter and summer.

We did recently purchase April, because the majority of our vacations are Easter (usually just Easter when it falls in late April, we find crowds are lower then) and summer, and it does cover December somewhat. Our use year on our next purchase will be December more than likely.

We have a single smaller contract for Dec (most of our contracts are Sept). You just have to adjust your thinking to your new calendar. A Dec UY means your points start fresh on Dec 1. So when the world is talking about the new year, you have just started your current year.

We have a single smaller contract for Dec (most of our contracts are Sept). You just have to adjust your thinking to your new calendar. A Dec UY means your points start fresh on Dec 1. So when the world is talking about the new year, you have just started your current year.

I agree. Dec UY can be confusing. You will be using current UY from 2019 when traveling this (2020) Thanksgiving!

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter