December Dis-meet - anyone wanna!!!

aussiegirls

DIS Veteran
Hi all

So I notice that there are going to be a fair few of us at Disneyland in early December (at last count at least 4).

So I was wondering if any of you might be up for an Aussie Dis-meet? We could just do something simple like a breakfast or lunch in the park or at Mimi's (I notice a fair few will be at the Hojo :cheer2: ).

So, is anyone up for it? :banana:

xxx

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I love breakfast!!! We will be at the Ho Jo from the 6th December right through to the 27th so would love to meet up with some fellow Aussie Disney fans! There are 3 of us and we are counting down with great anticipation! We are actually leaving on the 29th of November and will be starting in San Fran, then Vegas, then Anaheim for Christmas AND my Birthday *claps hands at the thought even though I will adding another year to my forty something total!!!!

So, let me know what the go is!!!

Cheers

Hey guys, it's sounding good so far. Hope we can get a few others to join us too.

How is breakfast on the 6th or 7th of Dec sound? Minnie Sue arrives on the 6th and I think Darren, you might leave on the 7th.

Which is more convenient or doable for both of you?

Looking forward to it :flower3:

xxx

Changed Hotel to Alpine Inn DW was not happy beening next to the freeway and no microwave and fridge had to upgrade room, got a good deal through Expedia for Alpine Inn and took it.

Hi again! We would be keen for breakfast on the 7th. We check out and are driving from Vegas on the 6th so won't be there in time to make it for breakfat that day! Sounds great though...........can't wait to meet everyone!!!:dance3:

Awesome!!!!

So we will make it breakfast at the Plaza Inn on Tuesday 7th of December :banana::banana::banana:

Looking forward to it.

Hope some more can join us :thumbsup2

xxx

I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!! Can't wait. It has been so long since we visited the house of mouse...........12 years in fact so lots has changed since then. So looking forward to chatting to others who share my Disney passion ( obsession!!! ). What time shall we meet?
And would it be too bold of me to ask what your families consist of??!!

We have me ( a 42 year old with the Peter Pan syndrome who will never grow up!!! ) DH who is a little bit older and our daughter who is 13!:wave2:

I guess the time will depend on the opening time of the park on that day, and I don't think that we will be able to find that out until closer to the date. But I suppose 8 or 8.30 would be a safe bet. :confused3

Our team consists of me, 36 years old, also with slight Peter Pan syndrome, DD 1 who will be turning 11 three days before our Dis-meet, and DD 2 who will be 8 :dance3:

xxx

Suggestion again If we make it a Character Breakfast Minnie and Friends we can get into the park 15 to 30 minutes early less people and more Characters for us in 2008 and this year the lovely lady who does the Fairy Godmother was the same lady I felt sorry for her here is this big man making a big fuss to see her, I was so happy to see her again she was so nice we spent about 15 minutes talking to her,sorry got of the track then what do you think? And we may have a MM that day too looking at last years times.

There will be three of US darren123 47,DW 47 and DS 17

Character breakfast sounds great, we were planning on doing Minnie and Friends breakfast anyway, so to make it the Dis-meet would be great.

Funny you mention that about the Fairy Godmother because she was my absolute fave at Minnie and Friends last year. She was so lovely and stayed and had a chat with us for a bit. She was just such a sweetie :flower3:

So we can organise a definite time when we can see park hours - which should be about October, if we are lucky!!!

xxx

Same here we always do a Minnies and Friends Breakfast so it does not matter to us.

Looking at last years time table at mouseplanet.com Hours were 8am to 6pm with a MM

Hi everyone! A character breakfast sounds just wonderful! Minnie is my absolute, positively favourite! We are going to the the Minnie breakfast on the 23rd ( which just happens to be my Birthday!!! ) but are happy to do it twice!!!
Or, we might be able to do another one on the 23rd. As we have never done any of the breakfasts before, can you guys suggest another good one? I have heard mixed reports about the Goofy one, but am open to suggestions!
Or, I might just do the Minnie one twice..................now that could be a plan!!!
Can we book through somewhere online or do we need to book when we get to the US? We also want to to do the Fantasmic preferred seating, the WOC Ariels dinner with reserved seating and the Holiday tour. Maybe I can do them all from here? I know you guys are experts, so if you can let me know that will be great!!!

Minnie Sue, as far as I am aware there are 4 character meals, and they all do breakfast. There is Minnie and Friends, which I have done and I loooooove, there were so many characters. There is Ariel's Grotto, which I have also done and looooooved. My DD2 did it for her b'day last year and it was lovely. All the princesses came and the food is quite a bit nicer than regular buffet food. There is Goofy's that I have not done but I have heard many mixed reviews about. And there is Mickey and friends one. I haven't done that one either, but I think I will be doing it this time around. DD1 is desperate to see Stitch and I think he generally makes an appearance there. So there are plenty of character meals to choose from. :thumbsup2

You can't book online. You have to ring Disney dining about 60 days before to make all your dining bookings. I think with the preferred seating and tours you have to book them 30 days out and make payment with CC over the phone. We are planning on doing the holiday tour too :dance3:

Hope that helps some.

xxx

Hello all
We are 96 days out before the breakfast
I was thinking who is going to book it
Thanks

Wow, 96 days :cheer2:

I don't really mind who books it. I will probably be making my bookings on approx the 3rd and 10th of October. If anyone is doing their ressies before that I don't mind if you book the breakfast as well, otherwise I don't mind doing it.

xxx

Just 96 days...................WOW!!! We have been counting down our "sleeps" to go and we have 88 sleeps until we leave:cheer2:
I have even gone so far as to have had some shirt designs for us to wear on our trip..................those people on the Creative Disigns boards are just so clever...................I even got a special one to wear on my Birthday!!! ( see I told you I was a big kid!!! )
So, as far as booking goes, I have never booked anything before so if you are happy to make the ressie Aussie, I will be most grateful!
Is there a special number to ring for the Fantasmic package do you know? I have seen that it books out fast and that you have to ring exactly one month in advance? I would love to finish off my Birthday with a bang ( pardon the pun!!! ) so I assume I will need to ring on the 23rd of November as that will be one month out!
Looking forward to our breakfast!!!

I am excited too Minnie Sue :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

In regards to dining, I like to make ressies even though it is not imperative. I am just not sure how busy December is going to be whilst we are there so I would like to have at least some ressies, so I know I get to eat where I want to eat.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/

This link will tell you all about Disneland dining and it has the phone number on the bottom if you would like to call.

http://www.mousesavers.com/dlspecialevents.html

This link has info on Fantasmic Priority Seating (we did it last year and loved it) and also a phone number.

Good luck :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter