December 4,2004 !!!

I had peiersporter riesling just the other night Rae.. goes wonderful with roast pork :)
kiddlins were great, some adjustment problems but that was to be expected after two weeks off... It is cold cold here too, I have a sore throat..:(
No list duty for me... I have a hard enough time typing my posts!

Sure. I'll get a website started for us. Let's see what info do we need? I think last time we did

Name of all in family & kid's ages at time of cruise
Stateroom number
Any special occasion being celebrated?
Email
DIS user name
A picture of those cruising if you want to.

You can email me at graves@ncfreedom.net.

Thank you!!!!

I'll get that out to you tonight when the computer literate person is home!!

Looking now into the April cruise and trying to figure out what we are going to do - so any advise would be appreciated.

We are flying on Friday and arrive at 7PM.
Now....
do we stay at an MCO hotel and (1) use Disney transfers (2) rent a limo, or (3) rent a car.
OR
do we rent the car and drive to Port, get a hotel there then turn the rental in and use the rental car shuttle to get to ship? Then reverse it on the way back.

I am thinking PRICELINE due to all the good things I have heard and also Happy Limo or Budget for alternate Disney transportation.

I'm leaning toward Budget, drive to Port personally- but want to make an informed decision!!!

Rae

We have rented a car the past two cruises and it worked out well. We have stayed near MCO once, near universal once and are thinking of near the port for the next one.
Thanks Lisa for doing the dirty work:) I will email you our stuff today!

Has anyone noticed the bottom on my posts today????

Oh yeah!
I'm "happy dancin'" right now!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for joining us Ron and Kim - we will certainly enjoy having you with us!!!

Rae

Ahhh there is nothing like a committment from a man..
now ron have you been practicing to sing happy bday??

Welcome to the group!!! This is going to be a fun cruise!!!

Have you guys thawed out yet? It has been too cold for the kids to go outside at preschool.

No we can't go outside at all... it is at the point I almost let the dog pee inside as it was too cold to take her out.. I actually debated letting her go in the garage... (I took her finally but it was horrid.. I swear she got pee icicles..) Right now the wind chill is minus 20 degrees.. it is NASTY!!!

Sorry, Ann, but that post has me ROFLMBO!!! :p Sorry you & your dog are having to deal with this weather.

Ann..........true story...............DD13 was sooooooooo embarassed just to wear the life vest. We got the "Don't even think of taking a picture of me with this on"....hhmmmmmm.......do you think that one of the CMs would let me borrow their megaphone??? I bet she wouldn't even sit at my table for dinner the next 7 nights!!! LOL

Sorry guys! DH was gone last week and there has been a major problem at a deal board that I have belonged to for a couple years. A GREAT friend has been targeted & I have been concentrating on supporting her & contacting our friends to help. I finally got that DVD RW installed. Turned out to be one stupid little plug directing the output/ power. Did pretty good on my own considering I didn't know what I was doing. LOL! I am hoping to get a website up this week. WLYK when I get it ready. :)

Hi all!
Not much going on - unless you really, really want me to talk about my horses - we doing some "horsetrading" with the oldest one, Cheyenne this week.

Watched NFL all weekend - got things ready to ship for the e-bay buyers, and listed more books there.

Made arrangements with the auctioneer to come look at some collectibles we have.

Found out my cough is allergy related (mold) and this is a very bad year for that allergen. Nice ENT. Gave me prednisone so now I have a reason to overeat and be GROUCHY! (Read poor family members here!!)

That's about it -

Rae

Nothing going on here but freezing... it is way to cold for humans, of course it snowed yesterday too :(
I started bidding on priceline for cocoa beach hotels, no luck yet... if I am successful I will let you all know.

Ann,

What do you call it when you mix Bacardi Razz with ginger ale, and then proceed to drink half the bottle by yourself (of the rum, not the Canada Dry)?

GIVE UP?????

A hangover.

Not going to try that again too soon.....

Rae

Rae,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
al I can tell you sweetie is I love you.. and wish I could be there to help you my dear dear friend...........

when you are ready please share with the group as I know they care for you too..
anything (and you know me.. ANYTHING... I can do let me know,, ) I love you Rae.............hugs from the frozen north :)

You are right,Ann. I'll tell them.

My daughter Kayla died at age 7 in July 1994. Her best friend was Katie Cole who was 6 at the time. Since we were friends with Katie's family, it was easy for me to look past my grief and start to think about the dreams that died for me when Kayla passed. Soon I was thinking how someday I'd see Katie graduate, get married, have children, etc. What a beautiful way to see things - living vicariously through her best friend!

I had wanted to wait til Katie was 16 to give her a small diamond necklace that I had planned to give to Kayla when she turned 16. I didn't wait, I gave it to her over a year ago when she was barely 14. She wore it constantly as a reminder of her best friend who died.

Sunday afternoon, Katie and her best friend (the 16 year old daughter of another friend) were in a car that was "flying down the highway", the driver ran off the road, overcorrected, went down a ravine and hit two trees killing both the girls immediately.

Katie would have been 16 on March 6.

This is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with since Kayla's death and I am trying very hard to keep up a good front since it may help me get through this tragedy. We lost another young man a few weeks ago (Jarred Black, a soldier from Peru who was killed in Iraq) - we knew his family and he went to school with my oldest son.

I thought that drinking could numb the pain, but all it did was make me have a really, really bad headache the next morning - the pain was still there and is still here now as I write. I also tried to eat my way through the kitchen, but that didn't help either. Obviously, God remains the only source of comfort and strength for me at this time.

I ask only for prayers for the families of the two girls - especially the driver's family who not only have grief but guilt to deal with.

Rae

(((((((RAE))))))) I have been trying to get this thread to open up all day. I have no words to offer you to help ease your pain. I can't imagine what you are going thru. I can only offer my prayers to both the girl's families & your own.

Rae....I too cannot imagine the pain you feel...I just went and grabbed Natalie and hugged her and she's going..mommmmm...
stop it....

It's sad enough when its a grown up....but a child...some years ago we had some dear friends who lost their 2 year old...the father ran over her in their car in their drive way....I work for the fire department and when I heard it...I just ran out of work and to where Natalie was at the babysitters..and just sat in the floor
with her and cried. The boys that went to the call...they had to have counseling....and we all sat around the lunch table and cried.....it was heart wrenching to begin with..but to see these big ole firemen crying their hearts out....

And 15 years ago last Saturday...my very best friend and her unborn child were killed in a car wreck....I drive by the place where she was killed every day...and I don't think a day goes
by that I don't think of her...and the baby, a boy, would have been almost 15.....

Just reading your post brought this all back to me.....

We are thinking about you down here in the South....and you've got a lot of support on this board....

Phyllis
::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter